Terrible.

"
VenomViper wrote:
'Cause this invite system is as fair as it can be.
Fair means everyone gets a chance, even the guys who've only been waiting 3 days.
"
Blunthex wrote:
Im willing to bet tht like 85% of these no-post accounts are probably people who dont even remember their email
Why do people on this forum seem to assume that most people never check their email or will forget what it is? I have never met anyone who was in danger of forgetting their own email or didn't check it at least reasonably regularly.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 21, 2011, 7:49:59 PM
"
rashed85 wrote:
Yes Mark, it's TOTALLY UTTERLY FAIR to have account spammers, and people who've been registered for ONLY ONE DAY to get a key before your REAL fans of the game, i.e.: Those waiting for months and months
First off, there are measures in place to prevent extra accounts from increasing the chance of someone getting in. No system can be foolproof in this respect, but we've made it hard to get benefit from multiple accounts.
With regards to people who've only been signed up for a day, yes it is fair that they have a chance to get in as well. I'm honestly not sure how you can say otherwise. How long after signing up do you want someone to have to wait before they're allowed a chance to get in, in your vision of 'fairness'?
"
rashed85 wrote:
THEN when people call this out, you put it upon US to show YOU proof. YOU......the people who RUN the selection server, and have direct access to the information needed to determine whether or not duplicate keys ARE being sent.
No, I've asked for evidence to back up assertions that the timer isn't random, and none has been provided. You're right, we do run the timer, and we can look at the code and clearly see it is random.
Yet people like yourself come on here and claim like some sort of fact that it isn't random without presenting any evidence to back up these assertions. I see no reason to take such assertions seriously unless they are presented alongside evidence to support the extraordinary claim that the timer isn't random, because I know that it is random. It's not much to ask that someone refrain from claiming otherwise without at least trying to get some evidence to back up their baseless assertions, as then the conversation can progress by examining said evidence.
In cases of multi-account abuse, all I've asked for is that people let us know if they see someone they suspect might be using multiple accounts, because it's not possible for us to catch them all ourselves. When such reported cases are found to be using multiple accounts, all the accounts in question are usually banned.
I have never asked anyone to prove someone else is multi-accounting, and you say I have is either a lie or a mistake. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.
"
rashed85 wrote:
Some bozo registers an account YESTERDAY, and gets a key TODAY. I call shenanigans.
I call random, but whatever floats your boat.
"
rashed85 wrote:
Better yet, I call GGG out: I assume since your so-called "random" selector
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about - you're heavily implying the timer isn't random, despite having no evidence to suggest such.
"
rashed85 wrote:
draws from the user database, that a LOG is created? Take a look at it sometime.
We do.
"
rashed85 wrote:
I could bet my last penny that account spammers make up a VERY good chunk of repeat keys.
You'd lose.
"
rashed85 wrote:
But hey, like you've said all along: This is a feature, and is BROKEN as intended.
Stop pretending I, or any other GGG employee has said that. Misrepresenting the opposition isn't usually considered a good way to win an argument.
The timer is random, and that's intended, because that's fair to everyone. The only 'unfairness' in the timer is that it's biased to give people who post on the forums ten times the chance of those who don't, to reward those who are being an active part of our community.
"
rashed85 wrote:
I personally have a cable isp email, a university email, a junior college email, a hotmail, gmail, AND Yahoo email account. I check usually only my cable isp email and my university email, and always forget or mostly just dont bother to check the others.
Fair enough. I don't personally understand why you wouldn't set up some kind of forwarding system, but that's your decision. But I have a question: when you signed up for the Path of Exile beta, did you use one of those email accounts you don't check, or one you do?
I'd still expect that the vast majority of people will check on at least a semi-regular basis the email they actively used to sign up with.
"
rashed85 wrote:
Point here is don't insist that what you've seen or HAVEN'T seen is reality.
I didn't. I'm aware that some people don't check emails for whatever reason. I merely expressed surprise at people automatically assuming that as high as 85%, which seems ridiculous to me, based on my life experisnce, and asked why people felt that way. I didn't assume they were wrong, I asked why they thought that.
"
rashed85 wrote:
That's simply self-centered deflective rhetoric that practically SCREAMS unprofessional.
Well, it's good I didn't do that then, isn't it. And, just out of interest, how do you feel it reflects on you that you're accusing me of things I didn't do?
"
rashed85 wrote:
Like I said in a different thread earlier: This "Head in the sand" approach that nothing's wrong
Because as far as we can tell, and we do put effort into checking, nothing is wrong. We can't see anything wrong, despite looking, and when people like you come in and claim "it's wrong!" without backing that up in any way, we're at a loss. If you think it's wrong, then explain why you think it's wrong and show us that it's wrong. If you can show us something that's actually wrong, we'll fix it. If you just make a big fuss about it being wrong, what are we actually supposed to do?
"
rashed85 wrote:
backed by weak language to deflect and deter those who disagree with the system as it stands/was established
I use facts and logical argument to discuss matters with people who disagree with the current system, in this thread and others. If you have a problem with those things, then that's you're problem, not mine.
In addition, you've been a member long enough to know that the timer system has already gone through several revisions based on forum member feedback. We definitely do change things when they need to be changed.
"
rashed85 wrote:
says to me at least that essentially the SAME attitude
You mean the attitude that leads us to examine to see if things are actually broken before fixing them rather than leaping into knee-jerk reactions to a vocal minority of people saying things are broken but never giving evidence to support that position? That's the kind of attitude I like in the developers of my games.
"
rashed85 wrote:
Introduce a broken and/or mismanaged concept/change, and tell the masses "Everything's fine!" as they look upon the resulting carnage, dumbfounded.
I'm again going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you're not in the beta yet, but I'm fairly sure anyone who's in the beta forums can tell you our response to bugs and issues with the game is not like this.

EDIT because people posted while I was writing this (who'd have guessed that post took time to write?) :P
"
Raycheetah wrote:
what they're really doing is sitting in plush chairs around a table in a dimly-lit, smoke-filled room, lighting Cuban cigars with hundred-dollar bills, chuckling evilly every time a same-day registered person gets selected by the e-vuhl Beta Timer.
I'm not really into cigars, but man, I wish I had a plush chair. My chair at the office slowly moves down over time so I have to keep raising it back up. And occasionally the lock that keeps it from tilting back wildly just comes out of place for no reason.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 22, 2011, 12:46:59 AM
"
"
My chair at the office slowly moves down over time so I have to keep raising it back up. And occasionally the lock that keeps it from tilting back wildly just comes out of place for no reason.

Dear God you DO have the patience of a saint!
The tilting thing doesn't happen very often, just occasionally.
There are other chairs I could use, but this one is more comfortable to sit in than the others when it's not suddenly lurching back. Many of the chairs have their own quirks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info