Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

I'm pretty sure that when even a pretty casual player like myself comes onto the forum to complain about a change, then something must be up! ;)
Agreed. Quite a few changes in the 2.0 update have put a gaping wound in build diversity due to the "viable" build list being rather pitiful unless you're content to re-roll every time you hit level 75. I see this being the result of attempting to balance the game around the top 10% (or less) of players. Not wise. I have never seen such a pittance of build diversity this far into a league in the 2+ years I've been playing.

Those players will always excel and rise to the top, while the 90% (or more) are left in a harder place than before unless they cookie-cutter the handful of no=lifer builds that have risen. I hate to say this game has taken a big hit in the enjoyment dept.

Plz make enlighten easier to acquire or revert the the change to reduced mana.
"
ablindperson wrote:
After playing under these conditions for a few days I came to realize how much I relied on the MP Gems in a lot of my character builds...ten minutes of playing and I feel like logging out.

I'm done with this game until they fix this, and should they not fix it, they'll get no more money out of me. I've better games to play that don't rape my playing style(s), and that's all this game does, slowly but surely, rapes every play style till it becomes unusable - Leech builds, Aura builds, and combination builds, its devolved into a has-been hack-n-slash where despite giving players freedom of gear/skill trees gates them with ever increasing difficulty, penalties, and drop rate restrictons/nerfs which forces them to to play balanced builds or die relentlessly over and over loosing all progress (which is what RPG's are all about) the only "role" we play in PoE is punching bag, and anyone who accepts changes like these is a whipped dog.

All this thread is stupidly funny, all this sobbing about quitting the game because of losing ability to maintain 3/4/5/6/… auras, but THIS is really insulting. RPG are not about progress, nor building, nor choosing between wiping hundreds of enemies by always well-groomed flowing-haired blonde cycloning like spin-top with a poleaxe or by brawny giant with twig in each hand creating flame-thrower turrets three times per breath. RPG starts when you decide not to enter Vaal ruins because there's enough food right here in the forest, or when you refuse to go after Dialla to Highgate because you solved the real problem, and her tales do not bother you. Sorry for tenses. Otherwise it is nothing but hack-n-slash. So forget the acronym and never ever use it again.
It seems the auras are calculated to just make it impossible to get the advantages of enlighten and conquerors efficiency, for example i have a lvl 3 enlighten, but cant run purity of elements/hatred and herald of ash. I think if conquerors efficiency was 3% red mana that would solve this problem. I noticed this with quite a few mana calculations for a lot of investment u cant still get that 3rd aura in.
"
Fhark wrote:
It seems the auras are calculated to just make it impossible to get the advantages of enlighten and conquerors efficiency, for example i have a lvl 3 enlighten, but cant run purity of elements/hatred and herald of ash. I think if conquerors efficiency was 3% red mana that would solve this problem. I noticed this with quite a few mana calculations for a lot of investment u cant still get that 3rd aura in.

Speak for yourself, I'm running Hatred, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour, and without conquerors efficiency I'd have 0 mana left, and instead having 5 mana left leaves me just enough to run the non 0 cost skills I'm using with elreon jewelry. Once my enlighten levels to 2, I'm switching to that.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Last edited by cryptc on Aug 6, 2015, 8:43:05 AM
Just wonder if someone have done this before: Sacrifice 1 of your socket for reduced mana gem to reduce mana cost? I mean seriously, not even a single person I've met ingame would do that, they would rather stick with those elreon jewelry or take extra mana node than give up 1 dps gem socket.

At this point I dont even need to read anything from those dev's posts that were written here. The change is dumb, very dumb. It neither solve the socket problem nor make aura more accesible to players. Enlighten lvl 3 now is 5 - 7 ex, lvl 4 now is like 40-45 ex in SD, that is an insane amount of currency compared to those reduced mana back in the day.
Last edited by camapngu133 on Aug 11, 2015, 8:34:02 AM
Playing around with Melee. I've noticed at least In my experience using Reduced Mana on a Skill Setup just felt like a Blood Magic Gem Dilemma as well. Just in general it seems though that Blood Magic is superior as Life is easier to sustain.

The change to me seems like they just wanted people to be less efficient and depend on 1 aura and 1 herald.

Arctic Armor & Tempest Shield is now a cast duration so I don't get how hard it is to maintain now...aside from recasting it i guess.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
If the trade window were more manageable so that you could sit in trade all to day to be able to trade up to eventually afford the gear, then ya this would work just fine, but it's not and the trade window is a scrolling disaster.

This is yet another a character breaking change once again, that reduces the effectiveness (once again) to one of my builds.

Every time I get less drops, I buy LESS premium stash tabs and less weapon effects, because I have less stuff, so you make less money.

But, nono please continue making changes. ;)

the change sucks. stacking auras was fun. now they are over-nerfed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info