Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
gh0un wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

Just stop.
If people would never raise their voices because "its a beta", then it would indeed make it into live.
Right now, here in the beta, is where we need to raise our voices, rage, create shitstorms, in order for the change to not end up on live.

People like you said the same old stuff back in closed beta for the actual release of the game, "its a beta, folks", and suddenly it was no longer a beta and the desynch was still in the game even though countless people had raised their voices about it time and time again.

[Removed by Support]

Its a terrible change and we all need to raise our voices about it, NOW.

[Removed by Support] upon the issue of desynch... ehem ehem, a deterministic lockstep says what?
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by Rachel on May 8, 2015, 12:56:48 PM
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"A very high-level Enlighten." Please forgive me if I'm missing something, but even a corrupted level 4 Enlighten would need the bonus from a Voideye to match a level 21 Reduced Mana...which would, of course, be useless, since it can't link to anything.

A corrupted Enlighten in either Atziri's Disfavor or Catarina weapon with the Paragon mod. That will give a lv6 Enlighten for a 80% multiplier. Not sure if that is worth doing in anything other than a 2h weapon.

Edit: Oops .. actually you should only need a lv5 to be better than lv20 RM so you would not need to corrupt the Enlighten.
Last edited by Khisanth on May 8, 2015, 12:55:29 PM
Guys I've been messing with mikelats beta calc vs live calc and depending what auras you run you lose none w/o enlighten due to aura costs going down as a whole. OFC the heralds didnt by much but they were a bit op only 25%

Anyway give it a go yourself with your auras you might be in for pleasant surprise.

Beta
https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#pSFHd/OmrXARb

Live
https://poe.mikelat.com/#pSFHd/9UEfCRb

just use 20 red mana on live and nothing on beta.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 1:01:30 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
gh0un wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
Where did rory once say this would hit live servers? Can anyone tell me? No, you can't because it didn't happen. People whining please be quiet about your fragile builds on live that cannot handle change. It's a beta.

Just stop.
If people would never raise their voices because "its a beta", then it would indeed make it into live.
Right now, here in the beta, is where we need to raise our voices, rage, create shitstorms, in order for the change to not end up on live.

People like you said the same old stuff back in closed beta for the actual release of the game, "its a beta, folks", and suddenly it was no longer a beta and the desynch was still in the game even though countless people had raised their voices about it time and time again.

[Removed by Support]

Its a terrible change and we all need to raise our voices about it, NOW.

[Removed by Support] upon the issue of desynch... ehem ehem, a deterministic lockstep says what?

Exactly. It just took them 5 years instead of fixing it back then.
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I'm a pure fanboy, but this argument about not commenting/whining about potential changes is pretty stupid. They post stuff so people can voice their mind. Cannot understand why people should not speak their mind about stuff being tested out?

Oh, and this change seems pretty alright if they doubled the reduction to aura cost.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
Last edited by rondanashu on May 8, 2015, 1:01:33 PM
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I'm a pure fanboy, but this argument about not commenting/whining about potential changes is pretty stupid. They post stuff so people can voice their mind. Cannot understand why people should not speak their mind about stuff being tested out?

They aren't testing it out they have been arguing that the change is bad, that is all.
Make Things For Smile!
"
soffeli wrote:
"
very high level Enlighten gem can reduce aura reservation costs

Seems like people missing out that bit of info and going salty.

This change seems decent enough to be tried out, if you want your Auras - you'll need to actually get the passives now. Here's hoping GGG does the mananode buffs soon.

No, you just can't seem to read.

EVERYONE has noticed that piece, and that is why there are 30+ pages of people asking why GGG wants to let high end players continue to have auras the way they want, and take them away from everyone else all the while balancing the game around these no-life losers who will be able to afford 50ex gems.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Anyway give it a go yourself with your auras you might be in for pleasant surprise.

Tried it, managed to get the same auras in beta- only difference not enough mana leftover to use any skill.

Existing reduced mana reservation on tree would have to be buffed by extra 10% total to bring me where I am now. Or I'd have to use level 5 Enlighten. GG.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 8, 2015, 1:12:09 PM
by far the best and most sensible move in terms of balance in a long time... thank you GGG

to all the complainers, [Removed by Support] you should still be able to run 1-3 auras with min effort and investment... instead of 5, 6+ which is an absolute joke.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Rachel on May 8, 2015, 1:22:42 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Tried it, managed to get the same auras in beta- only difference not enough mana leftover to use any skill.

Existing reduced mana reservation on tree would have to be buffed by extra 10% total to bring me where I am now. Or I'd have to use level 5 Enlighten. GG.

Most of my builds are completly fucked too and need lvl 5 enlightens to be same as before but one I showed actually gain mana lulz. Im sure they'll "fix" that
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 8, 2015, 1:21:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info