The Guide to Loot Filters

"
Do keep in mind that using transparency for valuable items is really quite dangerous. There are times when you can potentially miss an item, because it happens to sit on just the right colored pile of whatever.

I found that using 255 really makes something pop out on a subconscious level against the default (240 I think is right).

Also, remember that even if you use 0 as the background, the text will still show up. I'm not sure what the exact ratio is, but it seems to make the text roughly half as transparent.

The point was to make the differences obvious but still make them visible. They're supposed to split item levels for chance/chaos/regal recipes is all, so you'll still see items as you're leveling, see the difference between them and 60s when you get to 58 and higher zones, and obviously 75 and higher from anything lower, too. Transparency is the only option left since text size is for tier (normal/exceptional/elite) and that can't be switched since everything in a 75 or higher map getting larger text would be worse than using no filter.

Edit: I figure just making 60-74 around 160 transparency should do it, since you never get 1-59 AND 75+ dropping naturally in the same map. Anyone have a better idea?
Last edited by Ax2Grind on Dec 1, 2015, 6:04:52 PM
"
Ax2Grind wrote:

Edit: I figure just making 60-74 around 160 transparency should do it, since you never get 1-59 AND 75+ dropping naturally in the same map. Anyone have a better idea?

That makes sense
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to me that a lot of people are flailing their arms around about this. I've been playing POE since beta on and off and i go months without playing because of my frustration with the resets i got when I found a good tree for myself. This is basically the first time i've heard of the filters but then I noticed one thing. No one seems to understand what something in quotes "" means vs without quotes means. It's a database and i've been a database programer and i'm pretty sure others on here have accesses databases before too so that is why it is confused that no one's linked this. Don't get me wrong, i'm not insulting anyone, just confused myself. And i see a lot of people really don't understand the filters at all. I appreciate the guide done but at the same time the guide wasn't done with the layman in mind. They ask questions though which is really good so points get clarified.

Anyways, when you consider the "" vs no "" even the responses points this out. "" searches for a string that matches. "XYZ" search will find anything with those letters within. But if you were to do a XYZ, it's a exact match that it will find. This is what i got out of the thread so far and it fits when you consider the coding involved in database programing. Point in case this is why "Map" finds maple but Map does not.

I have to say i'm pretty impressed with the filter file, never knew this was here and still wouldn't have if GGG hadn't linked this thread on the main page.
I can posit a few rules when creating filters for everyone:
1) Single item filter options should be placed on the upper part of the file.
2) Leave mass filter options at the bottom. Remember "trickle down effect" is in effect for filters. This is also why HIDE by itself at the bottom takes and covers Everything else that isn't mentioned in the above filters in the file.

I know this has been said before but having everyone understand that is a whole new world.

These two things would limit how many questions get asked. Kudos to the OP for this explanation of how to manipulate filter files and now i can begin to go over my own and see what i can play with.
ZIGGYD's LOOT FILTER V 2.2

ZiggyD’s - Website

Or

ZIGGYD's LOOT FILTER - Pastebin
---------------------
German Guide
Last edited by Glex on Mar 5, 2016, 6:29:20 AM
You know, why havent they added a variable for the character's level? That would be awesome to be able to use that. I mean for the Item level like:
Item Level >= CharacterLevel
is thif loot filter updated ?
What would the code be for me to see agate amulets that drop?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info