This is why I no longer enjoy playing this game

"
Caustic2 wrote:

Excessive RNG is not difficulty, it's just tedium and poor design.

Before i noticed the several pages of replies you've already recieved, i was about to write: "Oh man, people are going to disagree with you here". Then i read the pages, and it turns out i was right.

Most that disagree with you are most likely a) casuals b) not serious/looking for someone to bash because they're bums IRL c) have had some serious luck in recent times.

All of us that's spent days IN-GAME without finding solid items or drops (such as x2 40+ res and high life helmets with some rarity, high-end uniques, high level maps, cashmoney or solid strongboxes) knows what you're talking about.

My tip is to endure, and just wait for the good times. Part of the enjoyment according to me is to get null and nothing for a few days and then get rewarded.

@Clive i agree, Mapsystem is punishing as heck
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on May 5, 2015, 7:47:24 AM
"
Caustic2 wrote:
Spoiler

Red X's are rooms that were completely empty, yellow X's were rooms that were mostly empty but had one or two very small packs.

I spent 16 chaos rolling this map because I couldn't get pack size or champs, so I ended up settling with beyond and some trash mods. I gained a whopping 1% experience at level 92, and to add further insult, found only a tunnel map. I realize this is a bit of an outlier as far as map RNG is concerned, but I think it really embodies my gripes with PoE.

What I'm getting at is that I just don't feel adequately rewarded for my time. The the amount of RNG that festers within every facet of PoE is downright nauseating, and the only way to overcome it is through impossibly consistent luck or brute-forcing it with unreasonable amounts of playtime. Whether it be the five-thousand fuses it took me for my first and only 6link or the fact that I've not self-found an upgrade for any of my 80+ characters in months, I'm just absolutely tired of the skinner box.

Excessive RNG is not difficulty, it's just tedium and poor design.

You will wake up with a bad bad taste in your mouth after you see the new 2.0 XP change to level after 90 lol.

As I understood
Chris think leveling to 100 in the game is too easy . I agree with him, but I think the problem is boxes and zana mods not the xp penalty (and also the power of free maps streamers get).

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 5, 2015, 7:51:31 AM
That's why the game ends for me at 80-85.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
That's why the game ends for me at 80-85.

Dito. As soon as the level allows for Atziri, i stop giving a crap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
It does pose a dilemma when the maps you need to steadily advance don't drop as frequently as you need them to. I haven't pushed a character into the 90s yet, but even the upper 80s takes some decent map drops, so I can empathize. I don't recall seeing a GGG official comment on how frequent lvl 77 and 78 drops should be. It would be nice to know this, so we can tell if our own RNG is good, bad or par for the course as far as map drops go. In the mean time, I hope you have better luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info