State of the Beta

Damn... early July. Looks like ill have to play beta after all if i wanna get my fix :(. Didnt want to spoil it by playing the incomplete version of the game but I cant wait anymore lol, but i guess this is what must be done for a proper launch.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
I really hope this refinement of the gem rewards comes before the next wipe. I keep on seeing people ask in global when they get Spark, Dual Strike, Infernal Blow (drop-only) or Kinetic Blast (not available as Shadow) and I think it's pretty important to get feedback on the final system before it goes live.

Also, is the skill tree not changing much beyond the sockets and how it is in beta, or was that just not mentioned in this update? It was in the initial "what to expect" announcement as a thing to do: "A rebalance of the passive tree beyond the addition of Jewels sockets" and I was kinda looking forward to it.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on May 4, 2015, 1:10:13 AM
How about just adding a new Race Season, it's pretty obvious the expansion won't hit live server till September.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Qarl, the problem with Jewel mods rolling two different weapon types only applies to weapons you can't dual wield. Please be sure to allow the Dagger+Sword mods on the same Jewel that you gave as an example. It's only broken when you roll Staff+1Handed, or Wand+Dagger. Only the combinations you literally can't use are a problem. Basically, a Jewel shouldn't be able to roll another weapon mod if it already has a 2 Handed or Ranged mod.
I'll be sad if I can't get that perfect Claw+Dagger Jewel with dual wield block and attack speed...

We have definitely had complaints about mixed weapon jewels even where they could be duel wielded.

At least now we have a viable chaos sink.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on May 4, 2015, 1:11:31 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Qarl, the problem with Jewel mods rolling two different weapon types only applies to weapons you can't dual wield. Please be sure to allow the Dagger+Sword mods on the same Jewel that you gave as an example. It's only broken when you roll Staff+1Handed, or Wand+Dagger. Only the combinations you literally can't use are a problem. Basically, a Jewel shouldn't be able to roll another weapon mod if it already has a 2 Handed or Ranged mod.
I'll be sad if I can't get that perfect Claw+Dagger Jewel with dual wield block and attack speed...

We have definitely had complaints about mixed weapon jewels even where they could be duel wielded.

Thanks for the direct response. :D

And that's really disappointing to me. I feel like that capability definitely adds to the dynamism of Jewels. Maybe the solution is to make dual weapon mods a hybrid mod, so you could roll a single weapon mod that has more damage, or a dual weapon mod that's (roughly) equivalent when wielding both types specified?
You probably get it, but "8% Increased damage with Daggers" vs "5% Increased damage with Daggers and Claws" or something along those lines.
You probably couldn't get both Dagger and Claw+Dagger on the same Jewel. Would be fun though.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on May 4, 2015, 1:16:26 AM
Thanks for the update, slightly disappointed at the push back of the release. It will be close to a year without major updates beside the pvp changes by the time we get to play 1.4.0.
Great work !

Last edited by hlq567 on May 4, 2015, 3:57:39 AM
You guys take as long as you want, I will wait for a superior product <3.
I am wondering, all the fuss about the 2 mods that won't work together. Why then we can easily roll spelldmg and phys roll on wands or daggers :)
One thing is to complain, but i took it as standard behavior in PoE universe - RNG over everything.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
So any estimates yet on when the rest of the act 4 content will be ready for the beta?
And how often do you plan on doing wipes at this point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info