[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

yea I did notice that the font is brighter, I like it, descreet. I also made it show magic i75+ jewellery. Been having terrible map rng, so I havent been able to test ambusher/harbinger but I think they should work fine, I guess I could test it with an item in stash if i really felt like it ^^ we'll see...
Why are some hidden items showing up with borders when i hit the show all key? If they are good enough to get borders, they shouldn't be hidden, no?

AHhh Figured out it was chisel recipe stuff, nevermind.

EDIT: Nah, some of them are still like that. Why?
Last edited by GreyPowerVan on Jul 20, 2015, 9:44:11 PM
If it's blue items with blue borders, it's to help spot Warbands league item drops from the different Warbands groups. It's super helpful when trying to find what might have a Warbands mod on it in a giant pile of stuff.
A friend using your filter reported to me that crit implicit quivers most of the time show up as the "not worth picking up" rare color in higher maps.

I noticed the same thing while leveling my new char. Sometimes crit quiver just get the "not worth picking up" color even though their ilvl is fine for the zone.

Maybe there is something messing up cause they have a low lvl req?
"
Vods wrote:
A friend using your filter reported to me that crit implicit quivers most of the time show up as the "not worth picking up" rare color in higher maps.

I noticed the same thing while leveling my new char. Sometimes crit quiver just get the "not worth picking up" color even though their ilvl is fine for the zone.

Maybe there is something messing up cause they have a low lvl req?

Two part answer:

In general:

I might have to revisit the different colors for rares. The dimmed ones do not mean that it's not worth picking them up. It means they are the least prefered chaos/regal recipe items inventory space wise. Initially there was no separation in textcolor between prefered and unprefered chaos/regal recipe items. However the bordercolor that was used back then had it's own issues.

The next version (which is going to be 1.1) only starts dimming rares at level 60 to emphasize / indicate this is related to the chaos/regal recipe.

If anyone has a nice idea how the chaos/regal recipe can be highlighted without 1) running into the problem where too many rares on the ground makes it look like a compelte mess (see link above) or 2) giving the impression that some rares are worse than others stat wise (like it sometimes happens now), please go ahead and post your suggestion.

Regarding Quivers (and Wands/Staves):

These present a special case. Wands and Staves for example can all be good for a caster as the basetype most of the time (maybe all the time?) doesn't matter. Presenting them in the default rare textcolor would make the separation useless though, as Staves certainly don't belong to the category of least inventory space requireing items.

Quivers go one step further, as for some reason they aren't listed in the item-data section on the poe website, meaning they aren't autogenerated as the rest of the gear is. You'll also notice that quivers aren't highlighted as "best basetype for zone" because of that.

What I would need for quivers is someone telling me which ones are good, and which ones aren't so I can handcraft a section for them. My assumption is that they can all be good, though.

TL;DR: I need another way of highlighting prefered chaos/regal recipe items that doesn't run into this issue so that I can actually dim rares that have crap bases (low droplevel) with exceptions for Wands, Staves and Quivers. I don't know how to right now.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 21, 2015, 3:40:08 PM
I'm back again!

This time to just say that I love this filter. Very simple, shows a bit more than I thought I'd need to see, but that's not a bad thing.
Love that the colors were kept close to normal. I really disliked some of the other filters that used bright red or magenta.

Thanks for sharing it ♥

(apologies if this double posts, having issues submitting)
Never had any problems with this filter, so far it works great. I am a bit confused by this, though. Siege Axes usually show up as they can be chanced, however, this one I just found did not. Found it in a 73 map, ilvl 73. I'm lvl 83. Is this normal? Haven't really read through the filter as it always worked fine for me. I got the filter maybe 3-4 days after 2.0 release and haven't updated since. Could that be it?

Last edited by g0aky on Jul 21, 2015, 9:59:10 PM
"
I'm back again!

This time to just say that I love this filter. Very simple, shows a bit more than I thought I'd need to see, but that's not a bad thing.
Love that the colors were kept close to normal. I really disliked some of the other filters that used bright red or magenta.

Thanks, glad you like it :) Do you have examples of what you didn't need to see but was shown? This is interesting to me since most of the time the feedback is the other way around. People usually voice that certain things aren't shown. Like Harbinger Bows or Ambushers that don't have 4/3 sockets and so on.

"
g0aky wrote:
Never had any problems with this filter, so far it works great. I am a bit confused by this, though. Siege Axes usually show up as they can be chanced, however, this one I just found did not. Found it in a 73 map, ilvl 73. I'm lvl 83. Is this normal? Haven't really read through the filter as it always worked fine for me. I got the filter maybe 3-4 days after 2.0 release and haven't updated since. Could that be it?

I don't think Siege Axes ever showed up with a chance border. I've added them now so they will be shown in the next version. Thank you!
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 22, 2015, 3:38:14 AM
I'd suggest to hide the moonstone ring base and coral ring base at higher ilvls (including the other hidden jewellery).
"
Muldini wrote:
I don't think Siege Axes ever showed up with a chance border. I've added them now so they will be shown in the next version. Thank you!

I would suggest just showing 10ex + chance bases by default and add another switch "Show additional chance bases" or else it gets cluttered really fast.

Since if you add Soultaker, you should also add Sapphire Flask, Gold Ring, Aegis Aurora base, Rathpith base, Rainbowstride base, Alpha's Howl base, Rats Nest base, mf flask base, rumi's base .. and the list goes on and on :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info