Desktop PC crashing without BSOD

It might be worth dropping GGG an email about the issue you guys are having with it rebooting your computers then and see if there's any log files or anything that might indicate what the game was doing just as that happened.
I replaced my PSU and it seems to have fixed it for me.
"
Paulendy wrote:

Great to hear.
"
Paulendy wrote:

I will be home from work in a few hours, and will replace my PSU then. I will report back if I also have success with new hardware.

I will never be so happy, to have been wrong, in my life.
"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."
After replacing my psu power cable, and moving it into a different wall outlet, I played about 8hours yesterday with no shutdowns, hopefully that wasn't a fluke and it's gone. Is it even a possibility that the cable was the problem? Like not enough amps or something running through it to power my components?
IGN:skydog
"
Skydogg5555 wrote:
After replacing my psu power cable, and moving it into a different wall outlet, I played about 8hours yesterday with no shutdowns, hopefully that wasn't a fluke and it's gone. Is it even a possibility that the cable was the problem? Like not enough amps or something running through it to power my components?

It's entirely possible. I haven't seen that particular issue before, but if the cable had a kink or was internally damaged, it's entirely possible.
So, I've been experimenting for a while and PMing with OP about it (got the same problem) and it seems like the game gets stable if I block the FPS to 60 (with a 3rd party program or running it with VSync on on a 60 Hz monitor).

If I run it at 120 FPS (like I would like to run the game :( ), it reboots whatever graphic configs I use.

But if I limit it to 60 FPS, it seems like it does not reboot my PC...

Also, I highly doubt it's a hardware problem, it would manifest in other games if it was... PoE is not hard on my hardware, I monitor the loads on my CPU and GPU and it is not anywhere close to maxed and the temps are not high.

I recently changed my PC but kept the same PSU and my former graphic cards needed more power than the new one... and it did not reboot with my former PC. (it reboots at 120 FPS with the minimum graphics).

So yeah... got it to run stably at 60 FPS... but would like to run it at 120 as it would be a lot more fluid and fun for me to play :(

Should I e-mail GGG about it?
"
Gotta_Joe wrote:
So, I've been experimenting for a while and PMing with OP about it (got the same problem) and it seems like the game gets stable if I block the FPS to 60 (with a 3rd party program or running it with VSync on on a 60 Hz monitor).

If I run it at 120 FPS (like I would like to run the game :( ), it reboots whatever graphic configs I use.

But if I limit it to 60 FPS, it seems like it does not reboot my PC...

Also, I highly doubt it's a hardware problem, it would manifest in other games if it was... PoE is not hard on my hardware, I monitor the loads on my CPU and GPU and it is not anywhere close to maxed and the temps are not high.

I recently changed my PC but kept the same PSU and my former graphic cards needed more power than the new one... and it did not reboot with my former PC. (it reboots at 120 FPS with the minimum graphics).

So yeah... got it to run stably at 60 FPS... but would like to run it at 120 as it would be a lot more fluid and fun for me to play :(

Should I e-mail GGG about it?

Hi,

at 120 fps your computer drains more power if PSU is too low it will shutdown.

I have monitor with 144 hz refresh rate so I ran game with Vsync on and its 100-144 fps and jumping all over the place :D

Don't look at temps that much because it's power based problem.
\o/
^^^
I have a 850W PSU, it should not be a problem... not remotely :S

unless it is broken, but then why is it only doing this with PoE which is not asking for that much power from my hardware?

I don't only look at temps, I also look at the core loads, which hover around 15%-20% for my CPU and around 55% for my GPU. I play other games which ask for a lot more than that without any issue.

Thanks for helping us finding what's going on though! :) it's appreciated
"
Gotta_Joe wrote:
I have a 850W PSU, it should not be a problem... not remotely :S

unless it is broken, but then why is it only doing this with PoE which is not asking for that much power from my hardware?

I don't only look at temps, I also look at the core loads, which hover around 15%-20% for my CPU and around 55% for my GPU. I play other games which ask for a lot more than that without any issue.

Thanks for helping us finding what's going on though! :) it's appreciated

No problem. You need to check certification for that PSU to see the real power it can give out :)

PoE is mysterious game who enjoy playing with PSU :D

cheers :)
\o/
^^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info