Path of Exile Russia/CIS Enters Open Beta!

"
Valmar wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

It doesn't seem to me that they intend for Russian/English speakers to go to Garena instead of GGG's servers if they don't want to, but to gain as players everyone that doesn't feel comfortable with their knowledge of English to play on them.

I agree on that. The problem is, if they want that, why didnt they just translate the game and change language in options?

It was by far better and the right thing to do, and acomplish the same goals without the former problems.

Well, continuing the speculation since GGG won't hire people that live in the US (dammit), I think it'd be to keep their servers as English-only. That way GGG doesn't have to worry about hiring non-English speakers as moderators, support staff, and similar customer-contact people. Since they really only hire people in NZ or that can move to NZ, it would probably be extremely hard for them to support multiple languages out of their offices.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I have ping on Garena Ru 15-17 ms, on EU server 66-67 ms, but lags and desynchs still here, nothing really changed.
But I do not understand, how could so distort GGG let his work, the translation is terrible, they are engaged in people who are very far removed from the game, they just mechanically practiced his fee. I do not mean the voice actors, there are no complaints, I'm talking about mediocre and brainless translators.
Last edited by Regtrag on May 3, 2015, 2:46:07 PM
When open beta will be launced on EU servers?
IGN GarrukPrimeHunter/MasterTrapster
South American Server...... Spainsh and Brazilian pleaseeeeeeeee Y_Y
Please gg don't make me change eu server to garena, i better stop playing poe instead of using garena.
If it's just an option for players that can't play eu servers it's fine but if its necessarily to change server for community from russian speaking regions to garena it will be disaster(((
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
Last edited by SaDaKSD on May 3, 2015, 6:30:13 PM
"
reprobus wrote:
the voice acting is far from what's considered good voice acting, as in most localizations for Russia (but, it may be my snobbish prejudice; e.g I loathed Russian Warcraft 3 so much!).

Does that mean that 1C-Softclub who did all voice acting both for PoE and Warcraft 3 is not an industry standard? Or Sony Entertainment and Rockstar games made wrong choice giving voiceovers to 1C-Softclub?

"
Valmar wrote:
I dont know if its clairly enough. What I am trying to say is that dividing the community in different platforms with different servers is not a good thing in any way.

We are not forcing any Russian English-speaking user to play only on Garena. First of all, our service is for users who experience problems with English knowledge as they may have communication problems ingame/intrade.

"
cuss wrote:
Pinging the IPs above gives me (mid of the country) the same values: 130-150. I would like to know if some residents across Russia got significant latency improvements?

You may check your connectivity/latency issues at support.garena.ru , it would be very helpful for us to know your city and ISP name to get better understanding of network situation.
FYI, in our plans to establish additional Siberia/FarEast gateways for better gaming experience.

"
Regtrag wrote:
I have ping on Garena Ru 15-17 ms, on EU server 66-67 ms, but lags and desynchs still here, nothing really changed.
But I do not understand, how could so distort GGG let his work, the translation is terrible, they are engaged in people who are very far removed from the game, they just mechanically practiced his fee. I do not mean the voice actors, there are no complaints, I'm talking about mediocre and brainless translators.

Desync issue will be fixed worldwide with Act4 release. For any lags please contact our support (link above) or directly to skype garena.cis1
Regarding translation we noted that previous community works done by volunteers were raged too. However, we collaborated with those volunteers to help us with translation and reviewing it.

"
SaDaKSD wrote:
Please gg don't make me change eu server to garena, i better stop playing poe instead of using garena.
If it's just an option for players that can't play eu servers it's fine but if its necessarily to change server for community from russian speaking regions to garena it will be disaster(((

Had we ever mentioned there are any plans to do IP block? You are given freedom to play anywhere without any limits.

Last edited by mambet on May 4, 2015, 11:23:31 PM
Do not get me wrong, I like the idea of creating GarenaRU, it's wonderful to be able to communicate in native language and learn the history of the world of Wraeclast. But I love this game and I really care how it is implemented. I think this is the main point, which motivates me to write all this posts. Also, I am pleased to take part in the improvement and the elimination of the existing shortcomings, but of course, no one ever will called me.

Very sorry that you have started to cooperate with volunteers only after a fabulous start, but better late than never, I hope that the people who really like the POE will return the original names of the NPCs and orbs and eliminate other delusional errors. Wait and - see. But still I have a very heavy feeling on the future of GarenaRU, another example is the introduction of pet "Garemonchik" that looks like a plastic robot from the Japanese Pokémon futurism sample 3000 model year. To say that he is completely out of tune with the world of Wraeclast - to say nothing. In conjunction with all the blunders, mistakes and absurdities we have Bazooko Circus from the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" instead of the severe and gloomy world of Wraeclast. Be happy in such a situation can only those people who have never seen the original and that do not care about everything around in the game, such people only trolls and foul language in the chat.
"
Regtrag wrote:
I hope that the people who really like the POE will return the original names of the NPCs and orbs and eliminate other delusional errors. Wait and - see.
They already voiced it using that hilarious names. So, won't happen.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Careful they don't invade and annex the main servers heh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info