Divination Cards

"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
lol again information not given through official channelsThe official channel is the website, more specificly the announcement forums. Some people dont give a shit about streamers, especially when they are as soporific as ZiggyD.

And stop it with the dev/community relation, GGG stopped caring about the community when game has been released. They only care about people who are dumb enough to watch streamers, because if you are dumb enough to watch and pay to watch a streamer, you are dumb enough to buy whatever Mtx they will try to sell you.

Agree with mr cali, Dev interaction with official channel is lacking. I see them posting on reddit more often than they do here. N yeh not everybody watches streamer or are willing to click a link to watch a 3 hour soporific interview with a kid.

Considering this is all info related to the beta, which not everyone can play so why release it to EVERYONE? those who want to know the new info must find it themselves, is reddit so hard to find?
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
There are a lot of ways to look at this situation and establish some solid 'truths' on the matter. I'm going to give my opinion in an entirely unbiased manner. So what are the truths?

1.) Sexcalibure was technically right. ZiggyD's podcast is not an official channel. Thus, the information given by Chris was not released on official channels. It was advertised on some, but it was not released on them. I am making a very literal interpretation here.

2.) It's true that what Chris is doing is pretty different from what most other gaming company CEO's do. That's why I think it's very fair to judge his actions in this case.

3.) Expecting people to watch a 3 hour Q&A session with a streamer to learn information is ridiculous.

A.) You might not like the streamer.
B.) 3 hours is actually a really long time if you didn't know.
C.) Lots of repeated information to sift through if you've been following PoE 2.0 progress.

4.) The information was a teaser and a spoiler. Thus, it doesn't really matter if you missed on the information as it will all be revealed in the future. This is kind of relevant to all released information actually. So this entire matter is entirely overblown and none of it really matters at all.

1. There is a link on a OFFICIAL page to these videos, thus they are official. It does not matter on what platform they are.
2. Chris/GGG could give no information at all about the beta. Nothing to "judge" his actions for, imo.
3. Nobody is expecting you to watch/read anything, because all you need to know is that beta is going on. The rest is up to you.

A. Sure, so just don't watch it. (don't like Ziggy... come on, that is rude :P)
B. You don't have to watch it, if you didn't know.
C. Back to point 3.

4. Yeah. :D

Divination cards = other way yo get specific uniques. Yup.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
DestroTheGod wrote:

1.) Sexcalibure was technically right. ZiggyD's podcast is not an official channel. Thus, the information given by Chris was not released on official channels. It was advertised on some, but it was not released on them. I am making a very literal interpretation here.

IF we are discussing this in a purely technical manner, Sexcalibure was wrong by all definitions. His statement was that it was not "given" on official channels.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
lol again information not given through official channels

This link which is the Official Path of Exile site shows it being "given" on an official channel.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1253450

Here is the only way that Sexcalibure could have had a chance to be correct technically:

"
lol again information not given through official channels FIRST

I think there is some confusion about where the information is given, and how it is given. His statement simply implies that it was not available through an "Official" channel. One could even argue that Chris is the voice of GGG and POE and it simply coming out of his mouth *anywhere* is an official channel.

I do not believe there is a single interpretation of what Sexcalibure said that is correct without taking serious liberties with his statement. Considering his posting history, the only assumption I would make is that he jumped to a conclusion again not realizing it was on the announcements page.

Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 28, 2015, 5:11:03 AM
wow I come back the day after and my post became hate all over the place

If devs see this close this post, it is ridiculous and wasn't my intent to start this

For people who like my idea, have fun
This thread has now been locked, as per OP's request.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info