Divination Cards

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:
we already have shrines though

Chris said that the divination cards will be an alternate, more deterministic method of getting hard-to-find uniques, and in a sense that there'll be specific areas you can farm for them. He also said that they're intended to be traded.

I'm guessing that collecting a full set will give you a shot at that set's unique item -- we know the Harvest is one of them, and chris used Shavronne's Wrappings as an example in the ziggy Q&A. Chris also said that top-tier support packs will be related to them; I suspect you'll have to fight a boss to get the unique, and supporters will be able to participate in designing the bosses.
lol again information not given through official channels

What more do you expect? 3 hour session with a streamer to be written down completely and posted on forums? The lead designer of a gaming company doing such session(s) is unheard of, and really shows how much GGG actually cares about their community.

Also, the links to those videos with all the information are highlighted in the frontpage and Chris even posted in in-game chat about the session when it was starting. If that's not considered "through official channels" I don't know what is.

This constant whinge from you is seriously getting so fucking tiresome.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:
we already have shrines though

Chris said that the divination cards will be an alternate, more deterministic method of getting hard-to-find uniques, and in a sense that there'll be specific areas you can farm for them. He also said that they're intended to be traded.

I'm guessing that collecting a full set will give you a shot at that set's unique item -- we know the Harvest is one of them, and chris used Shavronne's Wrappings as an example in the ziggy Q&A. Chris also said that top-tier support packs will be related to them; I suspect you'll have to fight a boss to get the unique, and supporters will be able to participate in designing the bosses.
lol again information not given through official channels

What more do you expect? 3 hour session with a streamer to be written down completely and posted on forums? The lead designer of a gaming company doing such session(s) is unheard of, and really shows how much GGG actually cares about their community.

Also, the links to those videos with all the information are highlighted in the frontpage and Chris even posted in in-game chat about the session when it was starting. If that's not considered "through official channels" I don't know what is.

This constant whinge from you is seriously getting so fucking tiresome.
The official channel is the website, more specificly the announcement forums. Some people dont give a shit about streamers, especially when they are as soporific as ZiggyD.

And stop it with the dev/community relation, GGG stopped caring about the community when game has been released. They only care about people who are dumb enough to watch streamers, because if you are dumb enough to watch and pay to watch a streamer, you are dumb enough to buy whatever Mtx they will try to sell you.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 27, 2015, 5:36:50 PM

You got proven wrong, Sexcal. Take it like a grown up.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:

Lol wrong? When you have to watch a [Removed by Support] streamer to have informations and then have them posted on the site 2 days later, it doesnt really count...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 27, 2015, 6:03:52 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

Lol wrong? When you have to watch a [Removed by Support] streamer to have informations and then have them posted on the site 2 days later, it doesnt really count...

I wish there was a way to measure your negativity on a graph with the X axis being time and Y axis being the measure of your negativity/dissatisfaction.

It would be a shareholders dream kind of graph -- 4 billion % gain. :)
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

The links to the first 2 videos were posted on the news page here before Ziggy had even finished uploading the third one. And what little was discussed about it on there was more or less just a teaser about an upcoming feature, not any sort of official announcement. I'm sure when they're ready to officially announce it with all the details, it will be on here. What more do you want?

And if you hate this game and everything that GGG does so much, why are you still here, day after day, posting nothing but complaints and negativity about EVERY SINGLE THING they do? If you really hate everything about it so much, just leave and spare us from having to read your constant whining. Constructive criticism is one thing, but you're WAAAAAAY past that point.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

The links to the first 2 videos were posted on the news page here before Ziggy had even finished uploading the third one. And what little was discussed about it on there was more or less just a teaser about an upcoming feature, not any sort of official announcement. I'm sure when they're ready to officially announce it with all the details, it will be on here. What more do you want?

And if you hate this game and everything that GGG does so much, why are you still here, day after day, posting nothing but complaints and negativity about EVERY SINGLE THING they do? If you really hate everything about it so much, just leave and spare us from having to read your constant whining. Constructive criticism is one thing, but you're WAAAAAAY past that point.
:)
good sheep
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
lol again information not given through official channelsThe official channel is the website, more specificly the announcement forums. Some people dont give a shit about streamers, especially when they are as soporific as ZiggyD.

And stop it with the dev/community relation, GGG stopped caring about the community when game has been released. They only care about people who are dumb enough to watch streamers, because if you are dumb enough to watch and pay to watch a streamer, you are dumb enough to buy whatever Mtx they will try to sell you.

Agree with mr cali, Dev interaction with official channel is lacking. I see them posting on reddit more often than they do here. N yeh not everybody watches streamer or are willing to click a link to watch a 3 hour soporific interview with a kid.
Dude, Sex, you don't even play this game. You've been here for 3 years and your highest char is 80. I seriously don't understand why you like hanging around here when you apparently hate the game and its developers so much.
There are a lot of ways to look at this situation and establish some solid 'truths' on the matter. I'm going to give my opinion in an entirely unbiased manner. So what are the truths?

1.) Sexcalibure was technically right. ZiggyD's podcast is not an official channel. Thus, the information given by Chris was not released on official channels. It was advertised on some, but it was not released on them. I am making a very literal interpretation here.

2.) It's true that what Chris is doing is pretty different from what most other gaming company CEO's do. That's why I think it's very fair to judge his actions in this case.

3.) Expecting people to watch a 3 hour Q&A session with a streamer to learn information is ridiculous.

A.) You might not like the streamer.
B.) 3 hours is actually a really long time if you didn't know.
C.) Lots of repeated information to sift through if you've been following PoE 2.0 progress.

4.) The information was a teaser and a spoiler. Thus, it doesn't really matter if you missed on the information as it will all be revealed in the future. This is kind of relevant to all released information actually. So this entire matter is entirely overblown and none of it really matters at all.

--

@Grughal

"What more do you expect? 3 hour session with a streamer to be written down completely and posted on forums?"

Two things:

A.) This isn't impossible. I 100% assure you that if Riot Pendragon/Tryndamere did a 3 hour Q&A, that shit would be transcribed in English, Spanish, and Braille! (lol :p). Aside from Riot's community, there are gaming communities that would do this but I'm sure most people use method B described next.

B.) You don't have to write down something entirely. You can summarize. For example, since information about Divination cards wasn't released before the podcast, this might be a good point to write in your summary of the podcast. This is the more releastic method that would probably be used.

--

I have to say that I don't really have a side on any of the stuff in this thread. But man this thread is pretty painful. The roughest one I've read in a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info