2.0 Eva/dodge Life based Reave Minimum 95k dps in a 5l with similar gear

"
Kyra12123 wrote:
testing out this build and atm lvl 72 and my dps with charges and flask is sitting at 93k its insane
btw any tips on my gear?
Spoiler

I would work towards getting a daresso's chest instead of a carcass jack, though that comes down to personal preference. Also try to replace that two stone ring with a second diamond ring, if your resists can handle it. Also swapping your shield to one evasion based would help alot, though it looks a bit like a placeholder item anyways.

Some new info about how the build is doing, i'm still playing it, though i've been playing a version that starts as ranger, and makes use of the Inspired learning Jewel. I won't be making another guide on the ranger forrm for that one i dont think. seems redundant.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
If you are dual wielding are the nodes right next to acrobatics worth it?
The swagger cluster? they seem to be alright, though you'd have to path through either a 4% ias node, with is awfully low, or a dual weild block node, which with acro wouldn't give you much block, probably 1% down from 2%. Though the actuall notable gives a juicy 24% phys damage which may be worth it.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I figured I'd go with the 4% ias over the block chance though, since it's still a dps increase, and the block chance isn't gonna do much.
does it matter what roll the death hand is? or the added damage and crit chance is not added to the reave attack ? Asking as Im looking for a deaths hand and dont want to spend extra for a good roll. thanks
the roll on the death's hand would only matter if we were using it in our main hand. However, since reave doesnt work with a mace, it gives us the unholy might, but not the added crit. So if you're going the death's hand route, just grab the lowest roll on the market.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
ok thanks time to change relentless fury then
Hey man

So after RIPping my CoC wander I've decided to give a death's hand variant of the dagger reave build a chance. Last time I used reave I played standard and had a mirrored dagger and WOW did reflect destroy me. Invariable 1-shotting. I'm playing tempest and I really can't afford even one mishap with reflect. Was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the state of reflect atm with builds like this.

I am planning on not taking vaal pact because of the bino's heal and I have a few % regen from tree to help offset the blood rage. So that might be an issue.

I went for duelist so that I could have some armour (my CoC build had 50% dodge and 21k evasion and still got popped by a couple rare beyond archers, so feeling a bit disillusioned with a pure evasion build atm). This should help.

I won't be using abyssus, however, so I'm wondering how much of an issue reflect will be for me? If daresso's defiance works as well with CWDT IC then that should help a lot, provided I don't 1-shot myself.

Any thoughts? Should I stay away from crit multiplier from gear/gems? As I say I really can't afford a single blunder vs reflect.

Your input is appreciated dude, and nice build.

Last edited by Definition on Sep 15, 2015, 10:52:35 AM
"
Definition wrote:
Hey man

So after RIPping my CoC wander I've decided to give a death's hand variant of the dagger reave build a chance. Last time I used reave I played standard and had a mirrored dagger and WOW did reflect destroy me. Invariable 1-shotting. I'm playing tempest and I really can't afford even one mishap with reflect. Was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the state of reflect atm with builds like this.

I am planning on not taking vaal pact because of the bino's heal and I have a few % regen from tree to help offset the blood rage. So that might be an issue.

I went for duelist so that I could have some armour (my CoC build had 50% dodge and 21k evasion and still got popped by a couple rare beyond archers, so feeling a bit disillusioned with a pure evasion build atm). This should help.

I won't be using abyssus, however, so I'm wondering how much of an issue reflect will be for me? If daresso's defiance works as well with CWDT IC then that should help a lot, provided I don't 1-shot myself.

Any thoughts? Should I stay away from crit multiplier from gear/gems? As I say I really can't afford a single blunder vs reflect.

Your input is appreciated dude, and nice build.

I'll admit tackling reflect with a mirrored dagger is a totally a different beast, than the type of reflect cheaper builds deal with. Bino's reflect isn't too horrifying, espcially if you're going armour based, which will lessen the damage you take by a good enough, then of course Daresso's is really nice. Since you're in the duelist area, you can get a couple more endu charges than i have, which will again help lessen the reflect (plus endu charges will allow you to take less damage from Blood Rage which is nice).

Without Abyssus, and using a rare helmet with resists and more life for instance, reflect becomes even less of an issue, however, your damage is going to tank, just because Abyssus gives an insane amount of just damage, i think it's like a difference of 40k tooltip for me. But i don't think you'd have to completely forgo crit multi, Dropping the Abyssus, utilizing your armor, and endu charges should let you live against reflect, at least long enough to kill the rare.

Typically, My experience with reflect is, i have my endurance charges, i hit reflect, it trips my Immortal call, which gives me like 3 or so seconds to dispatch the rare with impunity, Which with our capped crit, was pretty easy to do.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
Last edited by Based_Nito on Sep 17, 2015, 4:10:41 AM
"
I'll admit tackling reflect with a mirrored dagger is a totally a different beast, than the type of reflect cheaper builds deal with. Bino's reflect isn't too horrifying, espcially if you're going armour based, which will lessen the damage you take by a good enough, then of course Daresso's is really nice. Since you're in the duelist area, you can get a couple more endu charges than i have, which will again help lessen the reflect (plus endu charges will allow you to take less damage from Blood Rage which is nice).

Without Abyssus, and using a rare helmet with resists and more life for instance, reflect becomes even less of an issue, however, your damage is going to tank, just because Abyssus gives an insane amount of just damage, i think it's like a difference of 40k tooltip for me. But i don't think you'd have to completely forgo crit multi, Dropping the Abyssus, utilizing your armor, and endu charges should let you live against reflect, at least long enough to kill the rare.

Typically, My experience with reflect is, i have my endurance charges, i hit reflect, it trips my Immortal call, which gives me like 3 or so seconds to dispatch the rare with impunity, Which with our capped crit, was pretty easy to do.

Thanks dude. Abyssus is absolutely insane for damage, but in Tempest league I just can't bring myself to try it out. Endgame damage is just too obscene these days. My last character had 5.3k hp, 21k evasion and 50% dodge until a powerful crit rare beyond archer swiftly dispatched it from this world. I thought I was tank enough but clearly wasn't. Can't see myself surviving with an abyssus vs a somewhat dangerous rare mob even.

On the positive side, reflect hasn't been an issue at all thus far. I don't even feel it. I have a lot of dps nodes to get and have a lot of dps to get from my jewellery still, but I'm starting to think it won't be a problem after all. Really jellies of the DPS that abyssus yeilds though. No way I can make up for that, but I guess having a fairly high dps character in tempest beats having an ultra dps character in standard, for me.
Last edited by Definition on Sep 22, 2015, 4:29:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info