How well do you think this would work?

3 main uniques:
Spoiler

Lightning strike as mainskill (LS+crit chance+crit multi+ wed+point blank)

elemental damage build (mostly from auras and herald)

Use Pointblank

Prolif+Lightning warp to get shocked

some nice dps boosts:

60% from maligaro
50% increased damage from shock
crit multiplier
30% from celestial punishment
iron grip
point blank

mechanic:
-Empire's grasp would Pull monsters toward you and thus increase Point blank effect
-Sire of shard would give you proj damage, extra proj and nova effect to grab everything around you
-Maligaro's restraint is a bonus, not only it would give you 60% increased damage, it would also make you a shock prolifer

Build around Crit chance and use Blunt trauma Node " kb on crit with staff"

This build could easely become a vacuum

rough tree
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 24, 2015, 5:04:52 PM
I REALLY like the point blank idea with the new gauntlets! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
The spread may make hitting all the mobs tricky without chain.
For reference, throw a lightning trap. Your LS will have 2 fewer projectiles, so slightly more of a gap in between each.
"
Xendran wrote:
The spread may make hitting all the mobs tricky without chain.
For reference, throw a lightning trap. Your LS will have 2 fewer projectiles, so slightly more of a gap in between each.
Im curious how chain works with Empire's graps... or knockback in general, will the kb be in line from the caster or the direction of the chained projectile
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I dont think it'd work that well in practice, but it's a cool idea. I feel like you'd kill all the mobs around you before you manage to pull them all in since the knockback doesn't.. knock back very far. Unless you're already in the middle of 20 bunched up mobs of course.

I guess it's something to test, i'll see how that works if i can get my hands on that staff and those gloves :D
Ugh effort
I'd rather do Ball Lightning+ Echo+ Slower Projectiles+ LMP+ Added Fire+ Added Cold and just trash everything with every status effect simultaneously.
LMP or Echo might be swapped out for AoE, depending.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 24, 2015, 3:14:26 PM
"
aStrayGami wrote:
I dont think it'd work that well in practice, but it's a cool idea. I feel like you'd kill all the mobs around you before you manage to pull them all in since the knockback doesn't.. knock back very far. Unless you're already in the middle of 20 bunched up mobs of course.

I guess it's something to test, i'll see how that works if i can get my hands on that staff and those gloves :D
there is a cluster between mara and duelist that gives 75% increased KB distance, this could help a lot
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
aStrayGami wrote:

there is a cluster between mara and duelist that gives 75% increased KB distance, this could help a lot

Oo indeed
Ugh effort
"
Felix35071 wrote:
I'd rather do Ball Lightning+ Echo+ Slower Projectiles+ LMP+ Added Fire+ Added Cold and just trash everything with every status effect simultaneously.
LMP or Echo might be swapped out for AoE, depending.
does Blunt trauma applies to spell aswell or only attacks?
Very funky idea, i like it.

Would be kinda hard to scale all the damage and still have a reasonable EHP imo and like mentioned before, you might end up killing everything before it gets sucked in.

Maybe drop the gloves for this purpose and just do a crit based star lightning strike build?

The tree would be quite spread out imo, so will be a lvl 85+- build i think at minimum.

But props for thinking of this staff with projectile attacks instead of the current spell only trent :').

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i think blunt trauma is staff local only, else i think it would be worded differently.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 24, 2015, 3:52:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info