Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

"
jerg wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean with this part: "Static blows is wasted points in this situation as the chance to get shock stacks is significantly lower."? Static blows 20% added shock chance lowers the likelihood to trigger actual shock stacks?

Static blows doesn't add to anything. They are two seperate mechanics that actually work AGAINST each other.

He has 2 chances to shock. A critical hit ( that will place 5 shocks on the target ), and static blows.

Static blows has a 20% to place a shock stack, which means that, on average, a GMP'd Freezing pulse will place one shock stack on the target. In addition, you don't get the added critical damage ( which would increase shock duration ).

The only point where this becomes usable is if you are casting FP faster then the duration of your shock stack. So if your getting the minimum 247ms, youd have to cast every .24 seconds to keep those shock stacks on. Which he isn't even close to.

Instead, he should focus on the damage of the shock. Which means he needs to drop GMP, and pick up LMP instead. This would likely increase his lightning damage to around 2% of max HP, giving him a 494 MS shock, which is something he could keep up with.
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
"
Subspaced wrote:
Can anyone answer as to why Kripp didn't get IRON GRIP for his build?

Iron Grip is only for ATTACKS. Freezing Pulse is a spell.
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
"
Subspaced wrote:
Can anyone answer as to why Kripp didn't get IRON GRIP for his build?

Because Iron Grip doesn't work with FP, it's a spell.

On shock stacks, you have to remember that he has % duration. 45% from Static Blows and I assume 20% from a 20quality Added Lightning. While I don't think he needs the other point after Static Blows(the one that adds only 10% shock with no duration), on crits with his crit damage he should be getting past the Treshold, which then increases his FP crits significantly since all 5 will crit so first one does normal dmg, 2nd one does 20% more, 3rd one does 40% more, 4th and 5th one do 60% more. That's a very large damage increase on crits, more so than what you'd get from crit multiplier passives.

Even on non crits if he gets past the treshold at all it could increase his DPS assuming it procs on one of the first pulses which would then boost all the other ones.

If anything he should remove the 10% chance to apply shocks, and pick the other passive that no one ever gets which is 15% duration. This would "reduces the treshold" helping with the lower end added lightning rolls.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 12, 2013, 12:41:45 PM
first of all, its not a goofy addon, that was the whole point of the build, i heard him talk about it alot.

second, he's not using GMP, as he said it would decrease his shock stacking ability due to low 5 projectile dmg, so he's aware of that and using LMP.
PM me in the forum if i win
Last edited by Hostick on Feb 12, 2013, 2:00:48 PM
OK can anyone tell me why he got acceleration? thats an attack speed node not cast speed node.
"
Oats_PT wrote:
OK can anyone tell me why he got acceleration? thats an attack speed node not cast speed node.

Because it links to Projectile Damage nodes.
"
first of all, its not a goofy addon, that was the whole point of the build, i heard him talk about it alot.

second, he's not using GMP, as he said it would decrease his shock stacking ability due to low 5 projectile dmg, so he's aware of that and using LMP.

He uses GMP.
Eh...I feel like when I watched last night he had tossed the whole lightning damage thing but I couldn't tell exactly on my crappy twitch phone app. It looked like GMP iron will
Anyone know how he's getting all his auras up?

Haste, Determinatialon and Purity each cost 40% mana, and he has Grace in addition to that.
He has a reduced mana gem for the auras to fit them into his mana pool, which he doesn't use other than to reserve for the auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info