Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
There are four points that confuse me at the end of the build. Why take projectile damage nodes over say other crit nodes? And why take acceleration? Doesn't this build need cast speed and not attack speed?

I want to know why he takes acceleration also. I dont think acceleration counts as cast speed. If someone could reply that would be great.
"
F1aws wrote:
What exactly are the pros and cons of starting this build as a shadow vs marauder?

shadow does more damage early on and gets freezing pulse and lmp from quest rewards. Shadow is closer to crit nodes but not as close to some of the strong life nodes the mara/templar tree has.

Mara starts out near no increased spell damage and mainly just life until you get to templar tree but most people level up using high damage 2 handers or quill rain or the other bow with poison arrow anyways.

I'd say with the gear kripp has, mara is superior to shadow but superior to templar is debatable since templar has easy access to a lot of strong life/elemental damage/crit nodes. Also the templar is near a ton of really strong energy shield/shield nodes if you want to go that route.

Is build is eventually more tanky because of his gear. I'd say if you are limited on gear, just do a more Prozon oriented build and go Templar and focus on getting life nodes/energy shield and high shield and get a nice angelic kite shield and get over 3k health and 1k energy shield.

I also think duelist with this spec is possibly pretty damn good and underrated. You have easy access to strong life nodes and unwavering stance and iron reflexes and then you can head up to the shadow tree to get some damage and until the life nodes there.
ign = zapdos
"
Arowec wrote:
For the people who wanna try this build make sure you have/can afford:

lmp or gmp
quality freezing pulse (10+)
quality added lightning damage
5l armour with: (freeze(q) + added LD(q) + Blood Magic + Life leech + gmp or lmp)
a hole set of good gear like crazy weapon, amu, all resi on pretty much everything and a spell damage shield with all resi, life and lots of spell damage since the damage could be not that high for you.

I probably missed some stuff but the costs off this build could go to the "few" exalts so if you can't efford that just play a Freeze pulse Templar !

You are very wrong. I am doing this build solo. Very little trading cause im poor. Most items i had til 40 only had 3link, i only have 4 link items now my resist are not maxed. and I dont have any quality gems.

I did not have LMP as i leveled so I used faster projectiles till I found one. I use a karui ward to offset the dex req.

My gear is 100% self found and its very crappy.

What i'm wondering is how he can get enough life regen/life on hit for his build,

lets take a lvl 50 char for all purposes. That FP is 20 mana base cost, with 150% (LGoH) * 15% (LMP) * 140% (Added Lightning dmg) * 224% (blood magic)= 141.12 hp PER ATTACK!

lets say you get a 28 LGoH thats still 113.12 hp per attack, and at about 0.68 seconds per attack, thats an average of losing 166.35 life per second ( or 207.53 life per second if you dont include LGoH)
, with his 2.9% recovery per second from his passives, he should have 7.1k life without LGoH or 5.7k life with LGoH AT LEVEL 50, which is totally impossible to get.

And if you calculate without the LGoH you have 0 natural life regen so you'd depend totally on flasks for healing, which i dont see kripp doing.

Even if you take a 6slot chest (which kripp isnt even using) and add a reduced mana gem, you still need about 2.4k HP at lvl 50 or 1.8k without LGoH (which is doable, but you need to get all the life nodes and really good gear).

So please tell me what i'm missing here, cause i'm obviously missing something.
Arucane
its not life on hit, its life leech gem i think.
PM me in the forum if i win
I dont know, i heard him say that he didn't use life leech because the life regained wasn't instantly, so i assumed he used life on hit (but even if it was life leech, at lvl 50 you get 3% life leech, so to even get to 28 (same amount as LGoH) you'd need 933 dps on freeze pulse at lvl 50 (which i doubt imo) and then it still wouldn't fix the problem because you're only at 28 life regen then from life leech).

to fix the problem you'd probably need around double of that which means you'd need ~2k dmg on FP at lvl 50 which is probably just about impossible to get with his passive build (and im not even sure double the amount would fix it, could even be more).

I'm talking single target ofcourse, multiple targets (like 3+) wouldn't have much of an issue since you'd get more life back than you'd spend per attack, so for aoe there's no problem, but when you go single target (or up to 3 targets) it just seems impossible to do to me.
Last edited by Arucane on Feb 12, 2013, 6:04:37 AM
"
minoxiau wrote:
How do you know this is the build he is aiming for ? can't see anything about anywhere ^^

Yeah he's guessing at the end of this build. Kripp was just looking at his tree and is undecided where he's going
Arucane

also he uses quality life leech, so the rate of healing is faster. i heard him saying that was the important part.
Even if you use a quality life leech, you'd still need TONS of damage (as i mentioned before ~1.5 to 2k dmg on FP at lvl 50)
then the key is to get big crowds of mobs to compensate. boss fights is completely another animal, u dont need to spam dps in his face. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info