Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

I have a question about the mechanics of the "static blows" ability.

From what I gather from the topic , If I were to run a low level Wrath Aura alongsides with Static Blows on my summoner, with no crit dmg increase whatsoever, I would never trigger shock states due to hitting for less than 1% of the health of my enemies in lightning damage ? Or does it take into account the total dmg of my Minions ? In any case, would it trigger shock states or not ? I don't really get the mechanics of said skill, and it was one of the possibilites for the last few levels I had to invest in. Likewise, If I was to link an added lightning damage gem to my summons, would that be enough to reach the shock state with no crit damage or chance ?
Was I Dreaming ? - Harry Mason
I started this build on a really small budget - and I am able to pull it off, except with a few lucky items that i got leveling up with Poison arrow.

I am currently Level 45 on this build but instead of +100 necklace i have this
. I also took a +30 to Dexterity at the start of the tree.

and Im using Freezing Pulse + Life Leech + Blood Magic + Greater Multiple Projectile.
I skipped out on the Added Lighting Damage - due to all the debate that's happening because of it. I am still thinking about what the other two gems i should support it with.

The thing that helps me too is my shield

I havent died yet, and I'm soloing everything.

This build is strong, even on a budget.

Thank you Kripp for the inspiration
He brings life from the dead
I love the playstyle of this build, but I am having dps issues.

I am lvl 51 and my FP (4L FP + BM + LMP + LL) is only doing 170 dps, so I'm having troubles keeping up with other people in parties I feel slightly useless ... Also I don't know what to use as a single target, I'm thinking Ice Spear + Faster Projectiles + BM, ideally I would 4L it with ICD sometime soon ...

Anyway my main question is how do I up my dps on FP ? Is ALD so important that it isn't sustainable without it ?

Or is my weapon shit ?

Would love some feedback :)
"
Mortiferius wrote:
I have a question about the mechanics of the "static blows" ability.

From what I gather from the topic , If I were to run a low level Wrath Aura alongsides with Static Blows on my summoner, with no crit dmg increase whatsoever, I would never trigger shock states due to hitting for less than 1% of the health of my enemies in lightning damage ? Or does it take into account the total dmg of my Minions ? In any case, would it trigger shock states or not ? I don't really get the mechanics of said skill, and it was one of the possibilites for the last few levels I had to invest in. Likewise, If I was to link an added lightning damage gem to my summons, would that be enough to reach the shock state with no crit damage or chance ?

Wrath doesn't add to spell damage.

The only lightning damage being applied is the Added Lightning Support on the FreezePulse.
On non-crit damage its unlikely to do enough damage to shock (even with static blows, because of the 300ms threshold), so the usefulness of static blows is primarily the increased shock duration, making it easier for the small lightning hits to exceed the threshold and stack
Last edited by wyaeld on Feb 19, 2013, 8:40:01 PM
I'm also having DPS issues at level 45.

I'm not even bothering with LMP/GMP yet because that would make my damage even lower. I have a wand with +31% spell damage and +9% faster casting. +15% spell damage on my shield. Level 10 5%Qual Freezing Pulse. Only have Life nodes and a bunch of Int nodes on the way to the right side of the skill tree.

Ah, and I am using 3L FP+ALD+Faster Projectiles while searching to buy a 5L chest...
Hey guys .. imy question is , how the hell he got something about 180DEX without taking a dex node??
Later he took some dex node but he started freezepulsing at lvl39-40 , and at this point he got already 180 DEx so he can use LMP oder GMP or whatever.

I just know he got 19 dex on his Gloves.
ok and on 1 ring he got 24 dex .. but thats not enough ..hmm :(

I wanna try that build but i do not understand where his DEX come from...

p.s.
Sry for my englisch im from germany
Last edited by Cajun82 on Feb 19, 2013, 10:24:13 PM
Anyone know what level is his Haste? High level haste gem requires a lot of dex.
he used Astramentis amulet - +100 to all stats

about my fps issue, just to give an idea of how bad it is, it's lower than my ground slam was 10 levels earlier...
+1 for the bad shock trip.
with his high str , an iron will gem (high lvl ,high quality) is more valuable than an add lightning damage one cause he even does not it a proc to increase the base damage of his spell by 100% and for the 5 waves it's 100% more base spell dmg:
1) before the crit chance/add crit dmg
2)with his high crit rate (at least30% and maybe a lot more with gear(6%*(5->?)) he can keep mob frozen at least 50% of the time this way (100ms*5 per proc minimum without curse, iron will drawback reduced to 2% and gmp high quality helps and the spell cast very fast and he got few nod+haste for cast speed).
"
he used Astramentis amulet - +100 to all stats

He used to, but not anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info