How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
Chris wrote:
To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

Hahaha. Thanks for the reminder.
"
Faustgeist wrote:
Having an 'event', advertising new content and hyping all the new stuff - just to deny folks any interaction with it is a real turn off.

So many of my personal friends were interested in the game - and now - learning they cannot play new content for months is having them walk away. Not temporarily, but permanently. It's the culture of how they perceive themselves being treated which is mattering here.

A *quiet* beta test with exciting leaks of new content to come and THEN the big event being open to all would have been a much more friendly course.

Sigh.

Called it.

With all the QQ about not being invited to the beta being slung around, it's kind of funny that people are losing sight of the fact that this is precisely the problem with this CBT event, and what will end up mattering the most in the long run. This entire debacle isn't really about testing, it's quite clearly an advertising gimmick. But as magworld stated, it's timed so poorly that it's going to end up hurting this game far more than it will help it.

On a semi-related note, it was mentioned before by another poster but I'll say it again. The term "beta," especially in PoE community, has been slung around so flippantly by both devs and players that it has essentially lost it's original meaning. To the average player betas are no longer about testing, they're about VIP access to content. You have Minecraft to thank for that, btw.

I can't honestly think of how GGG could've handled their CBT any worse. It's mind-boggling.
Last edited by AMightyFlash on Apr 22, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Or better yet for their own sake. It says something that you "look down on them" though. Out of all the accused "self-entitledment" and "superiority" claims comes something else. You all "look down" on the people complaining, revealing your own sense of "superiority" you can do without the game, you could put it down and not care, right? That makes you better, right? Again... SMH...

I do care! And I am disappointed in GGG's handling of this. I was really looking forward to 2.0 and getting a round of close beta was a slap in the face. But I'm an adult and have learned to wait patiently when there really is no other option. Throwing a fit won't solve solve anything.

Behaving like a child is never the answer to anything, and I absolutely do look down on adults doing just that. An exception is in cases where there are mental issues.

Guess that makes me an asshole as well, but I'll live with that. I won't loose my job as a result of behavioral problems though.

There you go prejudging again... SMH... Imho you need to get used to adults behaving like children you are going to see it a hell of a lot during life (mostly concerning politics and religion). My only point is that the feeling of general superiority based on what we'll call a behavioural tick (or the lack of) is not a good sentement to express but then I am preaching to an ostentatious crowd here.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 22, 2015, 12:43:09 PM
I'm pretty sure there are some "shady Beta account trading" going on. Just checked a few recently invited and most of them dont even have a character.
you know its PoE when even getting to play act 4 is RNG...

cmon timer! pick me!
IGN: FemmeFatality
Thank you for taking more steps to prevent fake accounts from getting in.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I wish i get the invite. Watching list all day long. I am after some health issues long term at home without chance going anywere and i was filling my time with this game that i find out rly cool. But since 1MHC race is over i have no place to play and waiting for the beta invite...Am starving do me a favor i am still waiting :)
To all the people crying about no invite -> HAHA
"
Tr3Angel wrote:
To all the people crying about no invite -> HAHA

is this chris sub-account?
"
Chairnick wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
What are you going to do to improve the timer?

We're going to check the accounts manually before they're invited. Any shill accounts that got through our automatic detection will be quickly weeded out in this process. The automatic systems will continue to be refined. The timer will be sped up when we are ready to raise the active population.

Here's some detection methods for you:
Joined on: April x, 2015
Characters: 0

There are dozens like this getting in consistently, despite the claim of blocking 99.5% of them. If you really are blocking that percentage of shill accounts, then judging by the number of obvious shill accounts that are still getting through, the number must be in the 1000's (of shill accounts).

I don't post, and I'm not a fake account.

Ya? and you also have characters so you don't meet the profile of a shill account according to these methods either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info