How the Closed Beta is going so far

I still cant find a reason to make player numbers so low for closed beta?
They made a closed beta before and tons of people played it..
Open beta was much more floated..
I dont think they have server problems since they can support 3 month leagues x2 and both of them are ending..
Why not open the gates and let ppl play closed beta... Anyting else left to do in legacy leagues?
Why the hell i play ''old'' game while some few selected ( streamers understandable but luck?) new...
Why left veterans out in the dark watching timerbullshit...
Either do the testing silently or if u show off let the veterans in...
We --- do --- not --- have ---- anything --- else ---- to ---- do >> just get this.
People gotta chill down...

There's no reason to get mad, they have not even implemented the lockstep mode or the remaining 50% of act 4 yet.

If they just want a few players testing out the current version that's all fine by me.

But yeah they could maybe have been a bit more professional then letting people believe that when the 1 month race was done, act 4 would be ready...

I thought 1 month without PoE was fine, but then suddenly it was 3 months without PoE.

That's just poor marketing simple as that.
To all the people raging and whining about not being in the beta yet: Please take a step back and try to picture how infantile your posts appear to others. You are an embarrassment to the community, and a big part of the reason why a lot of players like myself prefer not to participate very actively on the forums, subreddit and ingame chat.

The beta has only been up for a couple of days. As time passes, your chances of getting in increase, and you can further increase them by participating in contests or giveaways. Certain established streamers only get preferential treatment because it's essentially free advertisement for the game. The world doesn't revolve around you.
Last edited by carkasjak on Apr 22, 2015, 11:12:27 AM
Hope I get mine next week :D
"
carkasjak wrote:
To all the people raging and whining about not being in the beta yet: Please take a step back and try to picture how infantile your posts appear to others. You are an embarrassment to the community, and a big part of the reason why a lot of players like myself prefer not to participate very actively on the forums, subreddit and ingame chat.

The beta has only been up for a couple of days. As time passes, your chances of getting in increase, and you can further increase them by participating in contests or giveaways. Certain established streamers only get preferential treatment because it's essentially free advertisement for the game. The world doesn't revolve around you.

NOPE NOPE no ty
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
carkasjak wrote:

"
rondanashu wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I'm justifing people's anger as I understand it just as do you however they are not lesser people (like you claim) for failing to repress a strong urge, my good sir. They have a right to criticise and nobody has the right to trivialise thier criticisms as simple "self-entitlement".

I would personally love access but I actually have other games and stuff to do(shock and horror?). You didnt quote a word I said btw, can i gather from that you really are looking for somewhere to complain yourself? You have no grounds for your complaint as I have only defended someones right to criticise GGG's decisions I haven't personally said that I should be chosen for access, I understand peoples deeply felt disappointment, you only seek to besmirch other users.

Hate to say it, but they are kinda lesser people, no? If I had a friend behaving like this, I would shun him/her if the behavior persisted.

With all that is going on in the world, these people are lesser for complaining? Open your eyes. SMH...
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 22, 2015, 11:18:48 AM
When will we officially find out if steam players can access the beta, or if people are using steam and have played the beta could you please at least let me and maybe some other people who are wondering the same thing know.

-Sorry in advance if I have missed a post some were about this, im not one for usually using these forums.
Look deeper in to my picture, "OH GOD, WHY DID I EAT HIS BALLS!"
XD
Last edited by Demanimal on Apr 22, 2015, 11:21:32 AM
The whole frustration is totally understandable:

We have more or less nothing to shew on since Forsaken Masters (which was awesome). The 3 months league were decent at best, but the last was like 5 months ago. The timeline for most player is 4-6 weeks playing at the begining of a challenge league then off the game until next challenge league (roughly 8 weeks usually)

With Torment being poorly received, people quit with a 'see you in a4' mindset. Go 3 months in and we get a 1 month event announced, more or less confirming a4 was coming afterwards. If there was enough time for another 3 month, it wouldn't make sense to just get a 1 month event and starve the community right?

Fast-forward to the /beast moments. Hype intensifies, complimented with a trip to america to put the game on everyone and their grand-mother's mind. The slow but steady flow of spoilers we had (for like a year? every question was replied with 'we work on a4', hype!) just went to an 'OPEN THE FLOODGATES!' approach, with every fidel players rushing back to the game they love.

And the big announcement was: you'll play in 2 months, meanwhile go spoil yourself with streamers (so they get free money and we get free publicity). I don't mind (really!) waiting all the time in world it takes to get an awesome game, but right now you took the hype train to its peak, 2 months early. It can only fallback.

Just to compare with every other closed beta and why such a long one with path is a bad idea: This is an expansion that effectively obsoletes previous content. Going full public with this litteraly means 'do not play PoE at the moment, return later'. This is not happening in any other game, nor has it happened with PoE before. If we take starcraft for exemple (yes the 2 only games I play are in closed beta with me pending without a key -_-), the ladder is still supported and patched in hots to get new stuff in there for everybody, where lotv is a real testing ground.

Add in the denial of the obvious account generator (you could put a restriction like having a lvl 20 character, nothing big, and not give the exact requirements to public to avoid such things) and you have a perfect recipe to the whole community being mad.

Also, the whole: go watch a streamer to keep you hyped! Sounds like this:

'I'm hungry!'
'Well you can't have that burger, but just watch Henry eat it!'
'Can I have next one?'
'Depends. *roll d20* Nope, sorry!'
Last edited by magworld on Apr 22, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
"
Demanimal wrote:
When will we officially find out if steam players can access the beta, or if people are using steam and have played the beta could you please at least let me and maybe some other people who are wondering the same thing know.

-Sorry in advance if I have missed a post some were about this, im not one for usually using these forums.

Short answer: Yes

There's a post on the closed beta forums called "How to Download the Closed Beta through Steam"
If/when you get in, you can follow the instructions there. I would assume that steam users have the same chances to get in as anyone else, since they have a profile on the site too.
Last edited by carkasjak on Apr 22, 2015, 11:30:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info