What is desync like in "The Awakening"?

The reason I quit playing this game was due to desync and rubberbanding, with the new expansion on the way has any effort been made to remove the desync? This is a genuin concern of mine and would probably be the only thing to get me back into the game, so I'd really like to know how the desync is nowadays and in the expaniosn
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
You're an alpha member, I think they said you should be able get an invitation so it would be best to see for yourself. Apparently, there are improvements.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
You're an alpha member, I think they said you should be able get an invitation so it would be best to see for yourself. Apparently, there are improvements.

Dont really want to play the beta product, thats why am I asking someone who hopefully has

Try asking again in a few weeks when they enable the lockstep code.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Try asking again in a few weeks when they enable the lockstep code.

The what? Mind filling me in? Been living in a cave :)

I think there are several threads about it on these forums, but I think most of the information can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/324u94/rewrite_of_netcode_with_a4_to_reduce_dsync/
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I think there are several threads about it on these forums, but I think most of the information can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/324u94/rewrite_of_netcode_with_a4_to_reduce_dsync/

Amazing. Simply amazing! Now I'll try out the new expansion for sure! :) Thanks GGG <3

Desync has improved greatly, since the original open beta started. The improvements have been gradual but desync has not been eliminated from the live version of the game.

I'm also interested to hear about player experiences in the new closed beta. They've put some major coding efforts into the issue.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
wakko wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Dont really want to play the beta product, thats why am I asking someone who hopefully has

It all depends on YOUR connection and computer, so every other experience then yours has little value only

lockstep mode makes client wait for server response (unlike current system that is instant and predicts what happens on a server), so it will fix desync as long as your connection is stable and latency low

if your latency is high, the delay between your action and character reaction will be very annoying. They said they will add more server locations to improve latency in some regions

if you are now experiencing latency spikes (while being fine in the meantime) then it wont fix it, because client waits for a response that is delayed and your char will likely be locked in place until it arrives. But this would mean the problem is on your (or your ISP) side (= fixable)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
slatra wrote:
Desync has improved greatly, since the original open beta started. The improvements have been gradual but desync has not been eliminated from the live version of the game.

I'm also interested to hear about player experiences in the new closed beta. They've put some major coding efforts into the issue.

Ive been hearing from some of the streamers that desync appears to be better in the new cb. Although the consensus has been this was probably due to the cb servers just being under low stress due to the limited number of players online. I didn't know that GGG went ahead to make the "desync mode" better though, thats fantastic! Im just on full body lockstep hype mode though, cant wait to see how it turns out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info