What is desync like in "The Awakening"?

"
SataJet wrote:
"
slatra wrote:
Desync has improved greatly, since the original open beta started. The improvements have been gradual but desync has not been eliminated from the live version of the game.

I'm also interested to hear about player experiences in the new closed beta. They've put some major coding efforts into the issue.

Ive been hearing from some of the streamers that desync appears to be better in the new cb. Although the consensus has been this was probably due to the cb servers just being under low stress due to the limited number of players online. I didn't know that GGG went ahead to make the "desync mode" better though, thats fantastic! Im just on full body lockstep hype mode though, cant wait to see how it turns out.
desync has nothing to do with server load...
Desync still exists in game in cb.They will remove desync from cb in 2-3 weeks.And on official servers when a4 is released.
"
Seryen wrote:
Desync still exists in game in cb.They will remove desync from cb in 2-3 weeks.And on official servers when a4 is released.

+1
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
It still amazes me that important, game changing new like this, is posted on reddit - but not on the official forums.

I find it very sad :(

/Mark
"
Crichy wrote:
It still amazes me that important, game changing new like this, is posted on reddit - but not on the official forums.

/Mark

No, that is not the sad part...

The sad part is people like you complaining about this, even when it IS very obviously posted here as well.
"
slatra wrote:
Desync has improved greatly, since the original open beta started. The improvements have been gradual but desync has not been eliminated from the live version of the game.

I'm also interested to hear about player experiences in the new closed beta. They've put some major coding efforts into the issue.

Total bullshit. I'm here since the begining and the desynch is Exactly the same.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Crichy wrote:

/Mark

No, that is not the sad part...

The sad part is people like you complaining about this, even when it IS very obviously posted here as well.

I disagree.

Several paragraphs on reddit as a thread - as opposed to 2 small sentences within a rather large FAQ post.

/Mark
I am glad we need a new thread from an alpha member to find out about information that was easily accessible from the news section.

Must have been the most valued and useful alpha member ever :p.
Check out your ping in game... GGG's cut-off was 120. Below that, they say lockstep will be fine. Above that and you'll not like the feel of it.

I'm putting my bet on 80, or even 60 as being the actually cut off for real people. Mine is just a hair over 60, but that might change with the new servers being added.
Well if they have rewritten the network code that's amazing news. An other closed-beta player here that may give the game (and HC) a try again after many months :)

If solo self-found is decent too all the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info