Freeze pulse and the shotgun change

"
Faatality wrote:
Except that spark can still shotgun if the projectile hit the wall before going back to the mob (it just can't straight out shotgun when ur launching it). And fyi, the few people using spark right now usually did it without using multiproj setup. I myself played a sparker in bloodline single proj focused on cast speed, and it worked really well.

But FP cannot have its projectiles bounce everywhere. And your only argument to remove shotgun from it is "everyone was using multiproj on it". Well, news, almost everyone uses multi proj on proj setup. It's not like there's hundred of choices, and this isn't just because it's effective, but also because it's just cool.

Now, FP is just dead IF they don't balance it, meaning adding more damage to the base, which will lead us eventually to either
a) have an op fp which deals ridiculous damage with point blank to single target, or
b) have an underpowered fp which deals too little damage to be used.

Because you know what? It doesn't synergize with everything else (except cast speed which works with... every cast build). It synergized well with multiproj because it shotgunned, allowing for an agressive almost melee playstyle. Now it's just a shitty spell which will be either dead for a year or two (until they rebalance the game entirely :p ) or just plain op when ur building towards it.

Where's the improvement?

Lern2readm8.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
So, the main redactor of PoE.fr got a beta key and started streaming yesterday. He tested a bunch of new things in normal and cruel difficulty. No matter how you put it, FP is bad bad bad. Even on a +1 gem level in zones 3 levels under him in cruel, his clear speed was awful. He doesn't use multiproj cause that would be worst.
The damage scaling on the spell tells us it's not gonna get better when he reaches endgame. He's still going for it though and will deliver himself his feedback when he reaches maps, but so far it has become a terrible skill to use...
yes it is pretty trash at the moment.
needs buff / rework
Well I assume the same is true for some other skills that used shotgunning to perform like fireball or incinerate.

It is a rather big change and I think it is better to put the numbers on the lower end and increase them later, otherwise everybody would start FP etc. casters and gets dissappointed when they adjust the numbers later.

It is a rather big change and questions the damage reductions on those multiple projectile supports (could be turned into "less attack damage") because you pay a rather big price for not that much right now. The spells don't have the power to work well, since it basically goes from amplifying damage to reducing it (GMP was 250% base-damage, now it is 50% and LMP was 210% now it is 70%, if the numbers overall are unchanged).
I can't say for incinerate since I haven't been able to see it. But fireball seems less impacted: you were rarely in melee range to throw it (so you never hitted with all the projs at once) and the aoes that result from the projs still overlap.
For incinerate, I will try to watch the numbers and ask my mate if he can test it.
Well Fireball was most noticable on bigger and immobile bosses which you could (or had to) melee anyway like Dominus or Vaal.

But I agree fireball is affected a lot less, still I can't remember someone using it without at least LMP and it is odd, that it basically still shotguns and is actually less effective if you try to hit one target.

Actually I would have prefered it if they made all skills shotgunning instead of the other way around. This would make more sense and if you think about it, it for attacks it would create a few drawbacks. You would require a lot of Pierce to actually still hit a big area and Chain already allowed shotgunning (since the projectile could chain to the passed target from one hit behind).

Eitherway it requires a lot of balance and so early after the changes it is very likely that some of the skills end up a bit weak, which is better then being too strong in my opinion. Since having a useless skill is better then having one oppressive one that pushs out all other skills.
I appreaciate GGG's effort to make GMP/LMP optional and I really like it. BUT! They forgot that there are spells where it was mandatory not just because of dps, but because of aoe coverage. Have u tried incinerate without LMP or GMP? It's complete and utter garbage. Im pretty sure not because of dps.

If they want to make GMP seriously optional rather than must-have, they should implement aoe effect at least to incinerate, perhaps even FP. GMP/LMP would be good option to add even more aoe, and could be very usefull with new "projectiles shoots in nova" unique staff.

- Incinerate could get few more projectiles as level of gem goes up.

- Freezing pulse could get a lot wider cone and level of gem goes up.
Well you can still use Incinerate with LMP, they just have to look at the damage numbers. The balance will likely be a bit off, exspecially since you have to consider some other interactions as well but giving skills more consistency here might ultimately help.

I do hope though that a lot of people do test stuff like Incinerate, Spark and other spells that used shotgunning... also how does Vaal Spark work now, do the projectiles have to bounce of once to be able to hit the same target?

I would like to see this tested, since I always liked using LMP/GMP spells.
Last edited by Emphasy on Apr 25, 2015, 2:54:14 PM
I'm not arguying about numbers since I'm pretty sure they will be kinda fine.

I'm arguying about GGG's statement that they dont want LMP/GMP to be mandatory gem. It's not even clsoe to be optional, even withou shotgun mechanic. Especially for Incinerate.

DPS is not the issue, aoe coverage is.
Last edited by Diphal on Apr 25, 2015, 3:19:05 PM
Incinerate should get more stacks (maybe up to 10)
Freeze Pulse should be added as an exception and allowed to shotgun.
Spark should be given a lot more dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info