The Closed Beta of The Awakening is live!

"
Wow. GGG really messed up this time. GGG has NOT realized the gravity of the situation. You just lost 60% of your elite paying players due to this retarded set up. People just make hundreads of accounts and they are getting in... Most of the players arnt even testing too. I have to conclude that this was all done on purpose just to screw with our heads. if it wasn't on purpose. Your souls are cursed for all time for your utter stupidity

Even as frustrated and disappointed as I am I wouldn't lie or say I'm going to quit over this. No one is going to take you seriously if you voice your disappointment that way.

Odds are they'll announce new supporter packs tonight or tomorrow and then some kind of temp league a few days from now when 1 month ends...just try to be hopeful for that, I don't think they're going to even address the community outside of that so there's not much point carrying on.
it seems to me that this thing is unregulated. just a scroll down you can see which is alts. i mean the three unbanned accounts that joined only yesterday are obvious alts, still not banned. but also the people who joined this month whos accounts have no characters are just too obvious. also still not banned. i think there should be someone regulating this.
I feel much like others when saying that I will wait a long (a really long) time until I decide if continue supporting this game.

GGG have only commercial purposes for this closed beta and there is nothing to test here.
Last edited by nonomm77 on Apr 21, 2015, 8:54:16 PM
"
starklife wrote:

Seems like you did a good enough job of summing up what people's contributions are, clearly they should hire you.

I haven't actually complained about streamers, that makes total sense to me, that's preferential, that's how I feel anyone who has a history of contribution should be treated.

Honestly I think it should really just be an open beta, maybe you can shed some light or ggg would explain why it's not, I would think more data is better...and I'm not sure they don't have the sever power, live servers seem mostly dead and it would be odd not to test server strength for astronomical numbers. Maybe they feel no testing would get done if the servers got flooded and were unstable idk.

As for pr suicide pretty sure they've done that with their countdown. They may as well change this news post to:

"The closed beta of the awakening is live for .05% of the community"

Like I said earlier though I admit I'm not rational, I realize they need unbiased statistics, I am just disappointed with how it was handled and I guess I just have to accept that path of exile is a business before it's a game.

It is frustrating to be told your support does not entitle you to be allowed to participate.

Anyhow I've said my piece, I'll abstain from further venting.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this release stream thing. It's a little agonizing. I've been trying to ignore it.
I think the idea of random invites is a good idea and a necessary one, but It hink they should do something like, send out a burst of 500 keys a day or something.
At least there isn't this persistent pressure on teh community and the people who cannot stay away from that damn timer.

It could be worse, they could make you click a button when your name comes up, and if you miss it you don't get in. They'd probably end up killing people.
"
Wow. GGG really messed up this time. GGG has NOT realized the gravity of the situation. You just lost 60% of your elite paying players due to this retarded set up. People just make hundreads of accounts and they are getting in... Most of the players arnt even testing too. I have to conclude that this was all done on purpose just to screw with our heads. if it wasn't on purpose. Your souls are cursed for all time for your utter stupidity

Don't be so evasive - tell us what you really think!

A lot of this stuff is just sheer frustration at not getting 'the call'. I think the dev's know what they're doing and are trying to be as even-handed as possible with the beta process, bearing in mind that they are trying to get input from all sides, including nubes - I mean, what's the point of getting only expert views from people who've been playing forever when they also need to keep an eye on the kind of basics neophytes might struggle with and which more expert eyes might gloss over?

As I said earlier, human nature being what it is there are doubtless people out there trying to cheat the system with multiple accounts to try and sneak in, but is that a reflection on GGG, or the community at large? I would guess that they have safeguards in place to try and counter such behaviour, and from what I've read they have booted out quite a few people who have used underhanded tactics to get into the beta.

Finally, I have to say I'm one of those who doesn't agree with the attitude of some who think their money and/or extensive experience entitles them to beta access over the rest of the community. I can see the point to the streamers being given a look-in, both for PR purposes and because they will in actual fact serve the purpose of giving the non-beta segment of the community a window to the game that they'd otherwise be missing. As for the rest though, no. It's democracy at work, and I think it should be applauded that the selection process treats all equally and shows no favoritism to status or financial contributions. In real life you'd hold the same values, right? (well, at least if you live in a country where democratic principles hold sway!)
do we get code in our email or messages?
I definitely think there should have been a cut-off date for who can sign up. Looking at the list of people who have made it, quite a few of them have accounts that were just made in the past week. That's beyond ridiculous. People are playing the system and spamming new accounts just so they have a better chance of getting in - and the system is rewarding them for it.
"
pc_185 wrote:
It will take forever to redeem a beta Key :-(

This one for example.. Todays account yet whinning for a beta key.
ofc the alt keys are sold on many sites for 100 euro
perhaps next time they gonna do other algorithm
[Removed by Support] ----->>>>april 2 2015
[Removed by Support]--------->>>>april 16 2015
[Removed by Support]------>>>>april 13 2015
ect.ect.
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 21, 2015, 9:45:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info