Chris Wilson "The Coves are gone now" 2:0

"
Vaagur wrote:
Im actually feeling sad about this zone getting removed. It was one of my favorite zones from Act 1. :(

RIP coves. It is sad.
Self found and solo (mostly)
never heard of them must have been uneventful

and i hope they removed that area by oak. maze place. also dont know name other than i always skipped
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2015, 12:24:06 AM
good riddance. less gulls to deal with.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
The ditching of coves makes sense from a design choice (the area served not real purpose beyond padding), but the current design of the Ship Graveyard is pretty weak. Really short with an abrupt transition to the Boss' Lair. Didn't really work for me.

"
Based_Nito wrote:
good riddance. less gulls to deal with.

Have to agree on gulls being annoying, but that zone had good atmosphere.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

and i hope they removed that area by oak. maze place. also dont know name other than i always skipped

That maze area wasn't properly used.
I fully agree and with the new addition of divination cards there is no reason not to keep these areas as farming locations.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

If you mean Pools and Streams (or Wetlands if you prefer), then no, it's one of the best and most atmospheric areas in the game.

If you mean Vaal Ruins, then no, it's also one of the best and most atmospheric areas in the game. It plays one of the #1 soundtracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDavre5yYU (listen from 4:35) and knocking that stone/ball over to activate the darkness is eerie and somewhat horrifying (in a good way)
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Zedda wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

If you mean Pools and Streams (or Wetlands if you prefer), then no, it's one of the best and most atmospheric areas in the game.

If you mean Vaal Ruins, then no, it's also one of the best and most atmospheric areas in the game. It plays one of the #1 soundtracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDavre5yYU (listen from 4:35) and knocking that stone/ball over to activate the darkness is eerie and somewhat horrifying (in a good way)

I suspect that Aim_Deep is referring to the Dread Thicket.
SUPPORT COVES!!! Second best are right after terraces imho.

- Dread thicket: I loved this tbh, it's just if it was more easier to reset it'd probabbly a better place to farm/grind (maybe move WP next to entrance).

Areas I do not care for:
- That thingy with the light strike boss at end in act II (chamber of sins iirc, too long too annoying)

- Maze in act III is totally useless, and has the worst mob selection, remove some of the rubbish, make it wider and give it something that makes you want to go there (more magic mobs, bigger packs, some time of mobs that are easier to kill and have big packs like zombies)

- The area between wetlands, and pyramids: too long for my taste, but it's a nice area with good mobs and tileset.
No support for coves, while filled with gulls and tar zombies. But if they are gone, coves will become a better version of ledge, something developers will try to avoid.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info