Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Share thoughts about Summoner changes

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Overall, I possibly see players aiming for making tankier zombies, giving them endurance charges on stun as well as the fortify gem to make them more resistant to most forms of damage. Not sure how this will affect non-SRS builds that want to run Atziri, they'd probably last longer against bosses overall, but now the player has to take extra measures to evade being hurt.

give endurance charges to zombies ? How ?
"
Zorgilon wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Overall, I possibly see players aiming for making tankier zombies, giving them endurance charges on stun as well as the fortify gem to make them more resistant to most forms of damage. Not sure how this will affect non-SRS builds that want to run Atziri, they'd probably last longer against bosses overall, but now the player has to take extra measures to evade being hurt.

PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"

Endurance charge on melee stun. You could always do that, but zombies hit kind of slow.
The new Fortify support should be excellent for survival, especially with the inclusion of your minions being more resistant to boss damage.
The zombies might actually be able to survive boss attacks now. Necro Aegis is a must have on higher map zones to even think of having your minions survive that stuff.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Zorgilon wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

a profoundly worthless gem against things that actually can kill zombies , ie boss monsters
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
a profoundly worthless gem against things that actually can kill zombies , ie boss monsters

Not counting bone offering, necromantic aegis and the upcoming fortify, what other options does one have to make zombies tankier?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
ideally one should never use non damage / aoe gems on their skills. if your zombies are anything other than disposable meat shields for your SRS they should not have defensive gems.

the whole goal of the summoner is to take care of the defense for the minions. this is specifically because the defensive gems options on minions are horrible. and the methods to alleviate that pain are spread out between too many gems.

but too answer your question
leech and a shitload of life regen, my minion setup heals 11% of a minions life per second of a 7.5k hp minion.

(totem , consecration, rolled life pots , passive minion regen and vitality)

But there is a specific reason why people have been clamoring for summoner changes, in short there really arent many ways to keep minions alive.

and fortify is also a redherring. it will make them tanky , but you will lose a good chunk of damage off of them doing that, which means less leech and a larger uptime for dangerous mobs.

As much as i hate to say it this is a dps game killing things fast is often way more important than having things like mitigation.

you can get around 50k - 80k dps on a 4l zombie in a +2 helm.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 20, 2015, 9:29:53 PM
"
and fortify is also a redherring. it will make them tanky , but you will lose a good chunk of damage off of them doing that, which means less leech and a larger uptime for dangerous mobs.

Fortify is pretty big, since it has increase damage as well as the fortify buff. You don't get as much damage, but 25% reduced damage taken is a big deal.
it depends on how much increased damage it gets, if it is 40 -50% well then minion damage is close to dead gem

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 21, 2015, 7:28:29 AM
What is the reasoning behind this change? There is already an option for invisible minions, SRS. If i have a pile of zombies and skeletons out, then obviously i want monsters to attack the minions, not me.

Is there any dev explanation for this change? I don't get it.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
ideally one should never use non damage / aoe gems on their skills. if your zombies are anything other than disposable meat shields for your SRS they should not have defensive gems.

the whole goal of the summoner is to take care of the defense for the minions. this is specifically because the defensive gems options on minions are horrible. and the methods to alleviate that pain are spread out between too many gems.

but too answer your question
leech and a shitload of life regen, my minion setup heals 11% of a minions life per second of a 7.5k hp minion.

(totem , consecration, rolled life pots , passive minion regen and vitality)

But there is a specific reason why people have been clamoring for summoner changes, in short there really arent many ways to keep minions alive.

As much as i hate to say it this is a dps game killing things fast is often way more important than having things like mitigation.

you can get around 50k - 80k dps on a 4l zombie in a +2 helm.

I generally aggree with you , but against hard bosses you need mitigation . There is a nice point when you can kill fast and then in order to kill VERY fast you have to invest everything. At somewhere in the middle where 80% of regular summoners stop its hard .

Personally i do not complain , i got a 6L Vis Mortis and pop vaal haste

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info