Share thoughts about Summoner changes

Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks)

This good or bad ?? I am starting to think that if you can add fortify gem on zombies for example , they may facetank everything and i mean EVERYTHING. If they also take less damage from bosses , along with chaos golem aura reduction ,then they will NEVER DIE.

However the necromancer / summoner will be targeted more often. And we have to see how often this OFTEN is.

I ussually play only summoners and cannot decide if this potential change is good or bad. I really wished ggg would give me an invite to beta and just allow me minion gems :P nothing else would test them day and night.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
minions will still be able to body block mobs and projectiles...i think its just going to be the summoner having to moving out of flame blast, storm call, warping totems etc. more often
reading the title and the first half of the first paragraph it was soooo damn hard for me to not think about league lol
I don't think the golems are really that stronk. As I see it gets killed off so often in the promo video and you haz to summon it all the team its kinda extra work.
It "could" be a pain if the aggro range from the summons is not extended.

They already have trouble seeing what's in front of them as is, so if we're getting attacked, got to run around, but have them follow us like dumb monkeys it's going to be rough.

Still potentially a good change as AOE bosses were really hard on the poor things.
y i agree with most staff you said. Without NA after some levels , it is almost impossible to kill end game things.

As regarding to golems dying all the time , can you please share the video ? The char controlling it was a proper summoner with linked gems and allocated tree points , or some kind of Crit char that abused ice golem ? :P
the important thing to take away is the bosses do less damage, as of the current meta of 1.3 the aoe of select bosses , exiles and voidspawn bosses is simply too much for minions to tank.

which is why permanent minion necros have pretty much all gone blood magic 7 aura totems
or have switched to the superior temporary minion builds (SRS).

Assuming the reduction is reasonable (30% is what i am hoping for) this *should* make non blood magic non SRS minion builds atziri viable.

I am just hoping that some of the *unique item rebalanced* has midnight bargain in there so we can get rid of that unnecessarily gimpy 30% less life mod or at the very least more minion items.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the important thing to take away is the bosses do less damage, as of the current meta of 1.3 the aoe of select bosses , exiles and voidspawn bosses is simply too much for minions to tank.

which is why permanent minion necros have pretty much all gone blood magic 7 aura totems
or have switched to the superior temporary minion builds (SRS).

Assuming the reduction is reasonable (30% is what i am hoping for) this *should* make non blood magic non SRS minion builds atziri viable.

I am just hoping that some of the *unique item rebalanced* has midnight bargain in there so we can get rid of that unnecessarily gimpy 30% less life mod or at the very least more minion items.

You are genrally right , but i kill regular atziri with zombie/spectre and i am CI . I have even done deathless runs. The regular non-BM summoner is waaay viable , but there are better options , such as Low life the 7 auras and srs. To be honest without NA and block/spellblock there would be no chance.
You forgot to mention the new auras changes, no more inner force means a big nerf to auras. And Player auras no longer being restricted by line of sight, which is a great buff for summoners. Auras will be weaker but will work 100% of the time for summons. I think with this you can stay in a safe spot while your summons do the job.

Considering the new buffs to summons defences against bosses, overall summoners got a buff tbh.
so do I, but i would be lying if i said it was a smooth or even efficient process.

It is not helpful that the most powerful permanent minion item in the game
(and really the only real 1 handed upgrade over life sprig and arumvorax and NOTHING) is usable by blood magic and es heavy hybrid builds only where as the lion share of life based summoners and all ci summoners are basically gimped.

I hate how all but one of the good summoner mods are on fricking unique items, show some rares some love ggg.

(fingers crossed that they did get some love in 2.0)
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 20, 2015, 1:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info