On "projectiles behaving like arrows" thing

"
mark1030 wrote:
Except Tornado Shot can shotgun. So it should see this change. Lightning Arrow won't be affected.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/1

theres a thread here with dev responses clarifying the tornado shot and attacks in general. Its changing spells to work the way attacks currently work, this means no changes to attacks will occur from this particular change.

Like raics says, direct and indirect shotgunning. I like that terminology raics, Im gonna start using that, its a good way to break it down and make it easy to disgest, much better than shotgunning and "shotgunning" lolol, like, it shotguns, but thats not "shotgunning", "shotgunning" cant happen with attacks, but some of them can shotgun, if you see what I mean? No? Ok lets try that again.... DansGame
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
direct and indirect shotgunning. I like that terminology, Im gonna start using that

Might be too late, as they said on that lost cruise ship - now that we ran out of indian nuts let's drop the 'brazilian' :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
lolface

wtb tardis, paying exalts
It will be very interesting to see how they balance out this change:
a) higher base damage for some skills
b) little change -> more distinction between single target and AoE skills/setups
c) higher damage effectiveness for LMP/GMP
d) something else
e) all of the above
d) 42

I also vote for introducing the distinction between direct and indirect pierce since it comes up pretty much all the time someone mentiones Tornado Shot and pierce ;)

11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
I'd say a) and c).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ya id really like to see A + C, more damage for skills, higher damage penalty for making them aoe.

Too often you got a case where on a budget builds are more interesting. When you are working with 4 links, a single target setup and an aoe setup makes sense because your single target can do a lot more damage than your aoe. Then you move to having a 5 link and a bunch of 4 links, the different starts to become a lot less meaningful. Then you move to a 6L chest with 4 link setups on gloves, boots etc, and suddenly your aoe in the 6L can achieve comparable dps to your 4 link single target, and at that point you dont need the single target and you turn into a 1 skill spammer when it comes to dealing damage.

I have a dual wield duelist I play atm with a 6L, and it was exactly that, you got from a 30 something K 4link single target dual strike + a low 20ks reave aoe and when you get the 6L on suddenly its 32k reave 34k dual strike... why would you bother. I actually went quite unconventional and put both dual strike and reave in the 6L, essentially making both skills 5 linked, now its a bit over 44k dual strike with 27k reave and thats a meaningful difference in damage, imo, better than just having a 32k reave. But thats a rare example of a build whos aoe and single target have the same 5L support setups, more often that not its just dropping down to the 1 spam when you reach the gear level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info