Spells that are still worth using with spell totems???

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I am having a lot of fun on an alt with this Storm Call Herald of Thunder Three Dragons tri-totem crit build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1118984/page/1

You run around scared for 1.5s until the first Storm Calls go off, after that you are mostly safe from harm as just about everything gets frozen by the multitude of Storm Calls the spell totems cast, just requiring you to refresh totems, curse, and stack power charges with Ice Spear (if you want to have some sort of interactive fun while rather than letting the totems do all the work).

The fun and excitement of course exists where mostly doesn't cover.

Best thing apart from the considerable damageoutput and freezing all monsters on screen most of the time: It looks gorgeous.

This indeed looks really awesome! Also thx alot for suggesting it! I will keep it in mind thats for sure!

Currently testing with triple flame surge totems + fire trap support for burning ground so that surge does alot more dmg.

Sitting at 13k tooltip per totem atm, fire pen & 50% dmg bonus not calced in. (bosses melt)

Facing some problems will leapers and evangelist mobs atm tho D:
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 22, 2015, 10:39:32 AM
Bump!

Still looking for more ideas + suggestions! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

"
Bump!

Use shock wave totem data miners have confirmed that it will be buffed. If you insist on using spell totem than arc or ice nova are recommended. Or both with EE.
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 23, 2015, 9:24:33 AM
"

This indeed looks really awesome! Also thx alot for suggesting it! I will keep it in mind thats for sure!

Currently testing with triple flame surge totems + fire trap support for burning ground so that surge does alot more dmg.

Sitting at 13k tooltip per totem atm, fire pen & 50% dmg bonus not calced in. (bosses melt)

It really is suitably awesome.

It starts out decent, but by the time you get to equip the Soul Mantle the implications of Storm Call having 100% damage effectiveness have made themselves abundantly clear. Herald of Thunder? Let's just add it 100% on top of all the lightning damage from Storm Call all the time, for a truly freezing experience. Want even more damage? Herald of Ice doesn't add much, but it all helps. Dealing with some truly nasty boss rather than screens full of wimpy monsters? Just swap in Added Lightning Damage instead of the Increased AOE in the link.

Leapers are truly nasty though. For the triple Storm call build, one has to keep on running until they are all frozen or dead.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"

It really is suitably awesome.

It starts out decent, but by the time you get to equip the Soul Mantle the implications of Storm Call having 100% damage effectiveness have made themselves abundantly clear. Herald of Thunder? Let's just add it 100% on top of all the lightning damage from Storm Call all the time, for a truly freezing experience. Want even more damage? Herald of Ice doesn't add much, but it all helps. Dealing with some truly nasty boss rather than screens full of wimpy monsters? Just swap in Added Lightning Damage instead of the Increased AOE in the link.

Leapers are truly nasty though. For the triple Storm call build, one has to keep on running until they are all frozen or dead.

Yeah but I think leapers and such are most likely every totem players worst nightmare. D:

As allready said, I'll make sure to keep the storm call totems in mind!
Also I heared rumors that totems will get some love again with act 4.
So I'm really excited and prey that it'll happen!
Most awesome thing would be if spell totems could use echo but ehhh thats just me daydreaming... :D

"
vangrandson wrote:
"
Bump!

Use shock wave totem data miners have confirmed that it will be buffed. If you insist on using spell totem than arc or ice nova are recommended. Or both with EE.

Allready considered ice nova / maybe even glacial cascade since the totems can be in quite some trouble against mobs that are "too fast" (leapers and such), so a lil chill / freeze can't hurt I guess! Thx for your suggestion!

If you want to be competitive in high level maps, none atm sadly, and it appears nothing will change in awakening either. As for flame totems, now they are fine but in the expansion, they are horribly nerfed to the point of not even being worth using as a distraction atm. Shockwave totems are apparently going to remain fine, possibly even get better.

The whole 'spell totem support gem' idea needs to be reworked, or severe penalties from the gem itself need to be reduced significantly for anyone to even start considering using them competitively.

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Apr 23, 2015, 5:11:57 PM
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
If you want to be competitive in high level maps, none atm sadly, and it appears nothing will change in awakening either. As for flame totems, now they are fine but in the expansion, they are horribly nerfed to the point of not even being worth using as a distraction atm. Shockwave totems are apparently going to remain fine, possibly even get better.

The whole 'spell totem support gem' idea needs to be reworked, or severe penalties from the gem itself need to be reduced significantly for anyone to even start considering using them competitively.

Really? I heared to exact opposite.

What I heared so far: For each 10 STR totems will gain 3% max life, spell / ranged totems get their life, duration & dmg adjusted.

So IMO there's "hope", take it with a grain of salt tho, since all of these are rumors and we can't really tell yet.

If there's someone around here who played spell totems in the beta and does have some information I would greatly appreaciate them!

Also I'm still open for suggestions and more ideas! :)

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 25, 2015, 2:02:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info