Spells that are still worth using with spell totems???

"
BearCares wrote:
"
Thx for all your help! :)

Now that I know that traps still work when using ancestral bound I think I can start creating the build.

Still have to look for supportive gem setups, auras and such but this shouldnt be an issue.

Since soul Mantle provides OK'ish ES I was thinking about MAYBE doing it ES based...

I was a life character when I used soul mantle, You're going to want to have the full benefit of flasks I think

Well I could put curse removal on like topaz, ruby, saphire and such but I get ur point.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
if you dont have 100% uptime on curse immunity soul mantel is prone to making you instantly die to a stiff wind
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
if you dont have 100% uptime on curse immunity soul mantel is prone to making you instantly die to a stiff wind

Its not like i've never played with a soul mantle before.
In fact, I loved to use it back in the days when spell totems were really good and never had issues with the curses applied by soul mantle thx to proper flask management.

I agree tho that it can be kinda tricky sometimes and you really have to pay attention but once ur used to it, its not that big of a problem anymore.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

ive done tri-totem raging spirits + self casted raging spirits(summons still do damage) it was pretty entertaining....broke the skull cap :D
"
Pemmin wrote:
ive done tri-totem raging spirits + self casted raging spirits(summons still do damage) it was pretty entertaining....broke the skull cap :D

So you put one SRS on like a +3 staff and the other in the mantle. Now that sounds interesting as well. I bet it was one raging hell.

But wouldnt it just be faster to self cast spirits?
Cuz you have to first summon the 3 totems... than the spirits... totem dies... stop casting spirits... resummon the totems and so on.

Against bosses I think it would be awesome tho!

"
"
Pemmin wrote:

So you put one SRS on like a +3 staff and the other in the mantle. Now that sounds interesting as well. I bet it was one raging hell.

Cuz you have to first summon the 3 totems... than the spirits... totem dies... stop casting spirits... resummon the totems and so on.

i linked knockback to the raging spirits into a 6l soul mantle for things like boxes and took some totem health nodes(since you don't need all of the minion nodes going only raging spirits) so the totems didn't die that often.

for your average mob/blue pack yeah self cast is usually the faster clear or you can just drop totems and move on.

but indeed bosses just melt....

for bosses i swaped in a vaal caress w/ vaal lightning trap, vaal summon skeleton, vaal haste, and increased duration and would just dump everything on bosses activating onslaught. managed to actually get 56 spirits out(apparently either the 50 spirit cap is per gem or the game just couldn't keep up) @ around lvl 60

the whole experiment was for shits and giggles and flame totem/shockwave totem are still significantly better options but id say the build is viable.
Last edited by Pemmin on Apr 20, 2015, 10:54:58 AM
"
"
Pemmin wrote:

efficiency has NEVER been the goal of totem builds
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
"
Pemmin wrote:

efficiency has NEVER been the goal of totem builds

Might be true BUT why not have fun while trying to make them as efficient as possible? :)

Still looking for more ideas and suggestions! ლ(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ლ)

I am having a lot of fun on an alt with this Storm Call Herald of Thunder Three Dragons tri-totem crit build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1118984/page/1

You run around scared for 1.5s until the first Storm Calls go off, after that you are mostly safe from harm as just about everything gets frozen by the multitude of Storm Calls the spell totems cast, just requiring you to refresh totems, curse, and stack power charges with Ice Spear (if you want to have some sort of interactive fun while rather than letting the totems do all the work).

The fun and excitement of course exists where mostly doesn't cover.

Best thing apart from the considerable damageoutput and freezing all monsters on screen most of the time: It looks gorgeous.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Apr 21, 2015, 4:41:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info