10 things PoE needs to be The Perfect Game (10/10)

I think this should be in the suggestions forum but whatever - it'll probably get moved.

Something that I think would be extremely beneficial - having a move button. A button that you hold and your character moves in the direction of the mouse. This would be a game changing mechanic for many for one reason:

It would free up a slot on the mouse for another skill. That is, one eighth of the skill bar.

(Another reason is that after allocating your mouse button to move, you will not longer pick up items when trying to move from danger.)

They did this in D3 and it was a game-changer for me. Anyone else feel the same?
is this the WoW forum like srsly dps meter lol
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Rohak wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:
I agree with the rest but those ideas would be horrible for the game. You should give World of Warcraft a try, it might be your 10/10.

"

A dps meter, haha, please no, what's the point in a game like this?

I got the impression you came straight from WoW with that one.

Indeed, I thought it was very clear that I played WoW many years ^^. Well, if WoW was one of the greatest games ever made, why not add similar features? Actually, the dps meter I used was an addon. Addons complemented the game so well that some were later officially implemented and helped to improve the game. I just find gratifying been able to quantify the damage I do and try to compete with others. It's just my opinion.

I get where you're coming from. The trouble is, it starts to create a divide between the playerbase and people become snobby about it (Plus the games are from different genres).

Eg, "Running 77 maps , 2c fee, 20k dps meter approved only"

Some players are support based, some are curse focused, summoner dps can be sporadic and wild.

It's the same with the gear inspection and stuff as well, I hope it never gets implemented. People will not only be doing inspections on other players to allow them to party with them on maps and such but you'll get the opposite side of it with cretins spamming global to come and inspect them and "tell me" which gear piece I should change next or which gem where etc.

This is an awesome arpg game and the focus should be on improving immersion, gameplay, loot, monsters, skills and gems, etc, not cluttering the screen up with more add-ons and silly UI extras or it'll end up like this:

Spoiler
"
Rohak wrote:

· Inspect other player's Gear

this^

always good to see more gear
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Apr 18, 2015, 11:56:54 AM
no in game clock on that screenshot?
pfft. casual. :)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
As long as there's more than one player playing a game, it will never be perfect.
"
Auxion wrote:
"
Rohak wrote:

No Way In Hell(10/10)
· Inspect other player's Gear and Skill Tree
· Dps meter

Fixed that for you.

^^ this. I definitely don't want those 2 'features', and none of this "opt-in" nonsense either. I've watched streamers and youtube clips of Diablo 3 players, and all you see is masses of numbers floating all of the screen. If this gets enabled 'optionally' in PoE, you can bet your horses that all the idiot streamers will do exactly the same when playing PoE. At least now they have no option for this. It will also cause stupid in-game discussions "hey what's your dps numbers?" "hi, what crit numbers you getting?" etc.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info