A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

Well all of this is cool but it's wonky as hell guys..

EB today is clean and simple. This new suggestion leaves more questions than it solves problems.

''this goes to ES but not this'' ''oh this doesn't'' and so on.

If you implement this change, please make it simple or at least have some ways of describing it's mechanics.
Reading all the posts in this thread... an I feel them making this thread was a stupid idea. why because everyone acting like its already confrim changed and arguing over what ifs instead of coming up with could bes. plus the ideas post by GGG in my own OPINION is horrible and does nothing but change the user base of EB which truely isn't even the reason for the change... MOOOOOOOO......m

rip witch users of EB.... hello Shadow's... could be.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
Last edited by XeroSlayer on Apr 19, 2015, 5:51:37 AM
"
Maxwells wrote:
Well all of this is cool but it's wonky as hell guys..

EB today is clean and simple. This new suggestion leaves more questions than it solves problems.

''this goes to ES but not this'' ''oh this doesn't'' and so on.

If you implement this change, please make it simple or at least have some ways of describing it's mechanics.

I completely disagree, and think mechanically this could turn out better for the future of the game... because ES no longer becomes mana, we can now have specific mana related mechanics, and ES does not affect mana regen (but instead uses its own ES regen.)

This is all brilliant because it's pretty easy to get insane ES compared to mana.

People already reserve 80-90% of mana, leaving just enough to cast, so I don't see a huge change there, either.

And things like Vaal Discipline would just become more like Vaal Clarity, doesn't seem broken there either.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Apr 19, 2015, 5:54:01 AM
interesting question, has anyone actually run a lvl 20 clarity without EB and/or over 100% increased mana + flat mana on gear?

another question.

people boost AA to lvl 25.
do people boost molten shell to 25? how about tempest shield? no? thats weird? those are defensive buffs too, surely it would be viable!?!?!?!?!

another interesting thing to note. if you run.... AA, IR together, AA gets even more effective. inadequate defence? as someone who sometimes plays with 900ping. AA is one of the best defences i have actually used outside of aegis blocker. evasion dies eventually cause entropy and spells, pure armour doesnt completely negate dmg, so you eventually die*cough heres looking at you AA*, AA and mom with alittle hp regen means short of unique bosses and exiles you are pretty safe.

has anyone tried afk tanking 20+ voidbearers without AA and no pots? cause its pretty hard.

AA is a superb defence if you build around it, and its synergy with MoM for dealing with massive spike dmg was absurd,

its like if i got 15 nodes of % armour increase, and suddenly could afk face tank 50% of stuff with only molten shell and 1 aura. i would kill to have AA on my crit staff user

ok sarcasm off

i think the biggest problem is using clarity without EB if u dont wanna spend 10+ points on mana nodes. running a high clarity isjust absolutely absurd for any non current EB spec, i can only hope the new cries help with this cause clarity on a melee is impossible.

i think this could be interesting, but there needs to be a way to regen es during combat that doesnt gimpm hp regen/leech, the best option would be all regen effects that applytoo mana also appy to ES if mana is full, or something like that.

but i am curious to see how GGG moves on this, there is alot of things they can do and if they do it right, it could be very interesting, if they do it wrong, well i'm sure they know what will happen judging from this thread
Go home Rory, you`re drunk!

If you want to nerf EB AA MoM, then do so by tweaking numbers, dont destroy the mechanic and in the process kill any character that would take that keystone, not only EB AA Mom users.

EB will be dead. Time to theorycraft CI or acro builds or something. Can you do things without invalidating the whole concept?

Those who think this is a positive change don`t know anything about EB or what this change implies.

Give me beta access i`ll test it out.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
Erak wrote:

If you want to nerf EB AA MoM, then do so by tweaking numbers, dont destroy the mechanic and in the process kill any character that would take that keystone, not only EB AA Mom users.

EB will be dead. Time to theorycraft CI or acro builds or something. Can you do things without invalidating the whole concept?

Those who think this is a positive change don`t know anything about EB or what this change implies.

Yep. A lot of times people saying this or that is dead is just hyperbole, but in this case it is true. If this change goes through EB is dead.

I wish GGG would give preference to long term players. This change has me itching to beta test it. I would love to be proven wrong. I would love to see this version of EB being workable, unfortunately I am 99% sure it isn't.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
maoster wrote:

AA is a superb defence if you build around it, and its synergy with MoM for dealing with massive spike dmg was absurd,

I completely disagree. I have an arc witch running a legacy COD with a level25 AA + Inner Force + Devotion and its pretty terrible defense wise compared to the majority of my other characters. Voidbearers are literally the 1 mob in the game it deals with better, against everything else its just weak. I have 1 char with weaker defense and probably about 15 that are in a different league when it comes to dealing with damage.
"
"
Erak wrote:

Yep. A lot of times people saying this or that is dead is just hyperbole, but in this case it is true. If this change goes through EB is dead.

I wish GGG would give preference to long term players. This change has me itching to beta test it. I would love to be proven wrong. I would love to see this version of EB being workable, unfortunately I am 99% sure it isn't.

It's almost, and try to follow me on this one, as if we don't have all the data and people are getting there nickers in a twist over nothing.

It's like act4 will bring fundamental changes to how the game operates and plays.

How about we just remove EB from the tree for fun sakes? That could work, no?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I like the change, but what do i know ;)
"
Boem wrote:
"
"
Erak wrote:

It's almost, and try to follow me on this one, as if we don't have all the data and people are getting there nickers in a twist over nothing.

It's like act4 will bring fundamental changes to how the game operates and plays.

How about we just remove EB from the tree for fun sakes? That could work, no?

Peace,

-Boem-

Ignorant and uninsightful as always.

AIDs,

-Fluffy_Puppies-
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info