Making EA's explosion blockable

"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
He is playing the character biitchslapped so no wonder he try to defend EA

I've never played character named biitchslapped. Please stop making 'naming and shaming' posts.

I'm not trying to protect EA.

"
Is this build so crap and lame that you can't sacrifice one link to BCR without turning it into shit ?

Yes, this build is crap since T overridden to 0.4. All EA users forced to use wallspam now. But I'm still happy to see any additional nerfs, this community need a precedent of nerf skill to the ground based on biased feedback.

Never heard of you before, would be easier to actually know if you are to be taken serious as of now you're in my eyes someone talking without any experience. Care to actually say who you are then?

And yes what you said about "Have you tried EA /.../." EA costs around 30ex to make competetive and will faceroll as he said low-midtier, and can get a bit higher too although it's not perfect.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I honestly think the problem is not ea, its the small maps. On the bigger maps you should be punished if you ran into a wallshot since you made a mistake. On the smaller maps I can see how its hard to not get wallshot since there is simply no room for maneuver.
And the dmg of ea doesnt seem that insane when you consider that not even a full crit stack oneshoots most builds. So why should we nerf the damage further with making the explosion blockable, which basicly makes the block roll 2 times one time when you shoot the arrow and another time when the arrow explodes?
Wall explosions shouldn't do more dmg than regular explosions (i'd love to see someone dare defend this concept) // Explosions should be dodgeable or blockable (like EVERY other skill in the game at the exception of the DoT one : PA and RF).

That's it, EA fixed.
Wall explosions are doing the same dmg as normal arrows!? And since you csn dodge/evade/block the arrows I dont see why you should get a 2nd chance with the explosions. And I stay with my point: you know you cant dodge/block wallshots so you try to not run into them and if you made a mistake and ended up in one tough luck. Same as fp you know you dont want to stand close to the caster so you just dont.
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
They need to make explosive arrow's explosion blockable in pvp, it makes no sense to be able to block a spell like fireball which is an explosion upon impact but the detonation of EA is totally unblockable. These builds having tremendous high attack speed paired with quill rain and damage potential comparable to a fireball it has way too much efficiency in it's current state. By making the explosion blockable or dodgable it would really be a step forward into balancing the skill with a mechanic every other skill in this game uses, EVERYTHING is blockable or can be dodged in this game and i think explosive arrow should be working in the same way. Ofcourse the arrow itself can be blocked but this doesnt really change anything considering that first they can be stacked insanely fast on walls or shot at you with more than 3 arrows per second.

Thoughts ?

Don't you troll kill EA users with frost wall on your LL caster for fun? Or did I not watch that?

Sure EA is good at mid tier. But lets be real, is that really the worst thing floating around atm?
Last edited by Lordsidro on Apr 17, 2015, 9:07:46 PM
"
Wall explosions are doing the same dmg as normal arrows!? And since you csn dodge/evade/block the arrows I dont see why you should get a 2nd chance with the explosions. And I stay with my point: you know you cant dodge/block wallshots so you try to not run into them and if you made a mistake and ended up in one tough luck. Same as fp you know you dont want to stand close to the caster so you just dont.

Walls explosions ARE NOT doing the same dmg as NORMAL explosion, i can tank a full stack on my face without a sweat but a few of those outside explosion kill me in a sec (and don't pretend you are not aiming for that, i played you enougt for noticing that's what you are doing as everyone else). Why a secondary effect should do more dmg than the primary one ?

To take you on your example, you missed your target because you didn't have enought accurency or BCR so why should YOU get another (way stronger) chance ? Ho wait i forgot that you just brainlessly spam arrow abusing Quill Rain hoping that some fuse may explode to the face of the other players. No need to think about accurency or BCR like EVERY SINGLE other build. That's sur balanced

"
Lordsidro wrote:

Don't you troll kill EA users with frost wall on your LL caster for fun? Or did I not watch that?

Sure EA is good at mid tier. But lets be real, is that really the worst thing floating around atm?

That's actually a nice tips, i may try that next time. Thanks for the info.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
They need to make explosive arrow's explosion blockable in pvp, it makes no sense to be able to block a spell like fireball which is an explosion upon impact but the detonation of EA is totally unblockable. These builds having tremendous high attack speed paired with quill rain and damage potential comparable to a fireball it has way too much efficiency in it's current state. By making the explosion blockable or dodgable it would really be a step forward into balancing the skill with a mechanic every other skill in this game uses, EVERYTHING is blockable or can be dodged in this game and i think explosive arrow should be working in the same way. Ofcourse the arrow itself can be blocked but this doesnt really change anything considering that first they can be stacked insanely fast on walls or shot at you with more than 3 arrows per second.

Thoughts ?

I use it but a better counter is firestorm for obvious reasons. Indeed ea is one of the biggest concerns atm, regardless if a few handful people can win
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
IceDeal wrote:

To take you on your example, you missed your target because you didn't have enought accurency or BCR so why should YOU get another (way stronger) chance ?

That's actually a nice tips, i may try that next time. Thanks for the info.

Again wallshots shouldnt be more dmg than a normal arrow, maybe it feels that way because you get his by 3 arrows at the same time in a rapid succession. But I will test that later. To your question: Why should TS shoot around corners, why should fp deal 50% more dmg close up, why should bear trap lock you in place? Because its the nature of the skill and you have to play around it. Simple as that.

And for ea its simply that the arrow when it hits something, you or just a wall behind you, it will explode after a fixed amount of time. So you have to adjust and try to not get hit. Or you come to the forum and ask for a "fix" because cant come up with a counter to it or cant adjust your playstyle to the build you play against.
"

Again wallshots shouldnt be more dmg than a normal arrow, maybe it feels that way because you get his by 3 arrows at the same time in a rapid succession. But I will test that later. .

It DOES more damage, this has been tested and reported multiple time and it's the main reason EA builds are not aiming for the player but to everything around him.

And you are avoidind the question. FP can be blocked, Bear Traps can be destroyed but EA explosions are unavoidable whatever you do. But obviously sacrificing one link to BCR like every other build seems to be too much to EA players wich really tell a lot about this build.

I will stop arguing here, I feel like i repeated myself enough and it seems like i'm (ironically) talking to a wall here.
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 18, 2015, 9:57:48 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:

And you are avoidind the question. FP can be blocked, Bear Traps can be destroyed but EA explosions are unavoidable whatever you do. But obviously sacrificing one link to BCR like every other build seems to be too much to EA players wich really tell a lot about this build.

The arrow can be blocked and you have one second to move out of the exposion area so thats how the gem works and thats what you have to deal with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info