Making EA's explosion blockable

They need to make explosive arrow's explosion blockable in pvp, it makes no sense to be able to block a spell like fireball which is an explosion upon impact but the detonation of EA is totally unblockable. These builds having tremendous high attack speed paired with quill rain and damage potential comparable to a fireball it has way too much efficiency in it's current state. By making the explosion blockable or dodgable it would really be a step forward into balancing the skill with a mechanic every other skill in this game uses, EVERYTHING is blockable or can be dodged in this game and i think explosive arrow should be working in the same way. Ofcourse the arrow itself can be blocked but this doesnt really change anything considering that first they can be stacked insanely fast on walls or shot at you with more than 3 arrows per second.

Thoughts ?
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 17, 2015, 6:18:46 AM
"
Thoughts

Good idea, this will make Tempest Shield | Molten Shell | Aegis Aurora users life much easier.
Spoiler
Wait, your main is low life block caster, doesn't it? Seems like legit impartial feedback.
Molten shell isn't procced on ele dmg.
"

Secondary Damage

Secondary damage is direct damage that is neither a spell nor an attack and as such does not benefit from modifiers to those things. As secondary damage is not an attack or spell it cannot be evaded, blocked, spell blocked, dodged, or spell dodged. Secondary damage still benefits from all modifiers where applicable, some examples being Cast Speed modifiers, Elemental Damage modifiers, and Area of Effect modifiers.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Secondary_damage#Secondary_Damage

In other words, the "price" for EA's explosion to not be blockable/dodgeable is not recieving bonus from spell or attack modifiers. The same goes for bear trap and some other stuff.

Now I'm not saying it's fine as it is/not op, only pointing out what's happening and that it shouldn't be compared to something like fireball (fireball lmp/gmp crit in pvp can often oneshot people straight 100=>0 while EA will never be able to do that ^^' even though i agree EA's better/more useful overall).

In any case, it's not a solution to "make it blockable", that'd be changing the whole skill to an aoe spell or attack, making spell/attack modifiers works with it and such, and certainly wont be done (pve balance prevailing over pvp), also having the skill lose its uniqueness, wich GGG would certainly be against.

However, it still needs some form of pvp-specific balancing, couldn't agree more ^^'
"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
Thoughts

Good idea, this will make Tempest Shield | Molten Shell | Aegis Aurora users life much easier.
Spoiler
Wait, your main is low life block caster, doesn't it? Seems like legit impartial feedback.

Maybe EA users will have to sacrifice another link for BCR like everyone else.
"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
Thoughts

Spoiler

First of all this only sounds like someone that is mad about my build, it wont do shit to molten shell, this actually made me lol since molten is procced by physical damage. Aegis aurora is far from a problematic build right now, ea on the other hand is currently the bandwagon easy to spec build to pretty much faceroll from mid tier to high tier easily with minimal investments. You also look like someone that is hiding behind a shit account to post your bullshit on pvp forum with less than 20 posts posted and i wont talk about that account name... Who are you ?

And to come back to the main subject i think EA should be bound to use BCR gem like everyone else and i dont see why they should be bypassing this block mechanic, i understand the secondary damage but EA is another case, the main damage needs to be somewhat blockable or this completely goes around something that is pretty mandatory in pvp, who doesnt use BCR ?
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 17, 2015, 12:13:06 PM
"
You also look like someone that is hiding behind a shit account to post your bullshit on pvp forum with less than 20 posts posted

Omg, why u so mad, bro.

I'm totally agreed with your suggestion, let's make EA explosion blockable, reduce wall explosion damage to 1% and T overridden to 0.001.
Spoiler
I'm sure low life TS users should get some love, since TS T overridden to 0.7 even w/o damage penalty it can't oneshot on block anymore.

"
easy to spec build to pretty much faceroll from mid tier to high tier easily with minimal investments

Have you tried to faceroll with 'minimal investments' EA build?
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 17, 2015, 1:57:24 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
You also look like someone that is hiding behind a shit account to post your bullshit on pvp forum with less than 20 posts posted and i wont talk about that account name... Who are you ?

He is playing the character biitchslapped so no wonder he try to defend EA. Anyway you should be able to block and dodge the explosion. There is not a single reason this skill should "entirely" bypass this game mechanic (especially in pvp).

Is this build so crap and lame that you can't sacrifice one link to BCR without turning it into shit ?
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 17, 2015, 3:44:41 PM
"
He is playing the character biitchslapped so no wonder he try to defend EA

I've never played character named biitchslapped. Please stop making 'naming and shaming' posts.

I'm not trying to protect EA.

"
Is this build so crap and lame that you can't sacrifice one link to BCR without turning it into shit ?

Yes, this build is crap since T overridden to 0.4. All EA users forced to use wallspam now. But I'm still happy to see any additional nerfs, this community need a precedent of nerf skill to the ground based on biased feedback.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 17, 2015, 5:23:03 PM
it's not about nerfing EA to the ground but more towards balancing it in pair with every other skill in the game and any source of damage has to work with the simpliest counter to any skill which is block and dodge. Explosive arrow's damage source cannot be blocked/dodged currently and should be changed to work like others. EA's damage doesnt need to be nerfed anymore, it needs to be forced to use Block chance reduction gem like every other mainskill, this way already removing one usefull gem and actually nerfing the damage in someway.

I think this is the proper way to balance EA, balancing the skill for pvp without touching the PVE at all since they dont need BCR gem.

I wanted to also show those buffs that occured in really ancient patches and they really didnt show any information about how high those buffs actually were.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.9.5 - Made Explosive Arrow more powerful. The damage has been increased and the fuse time is now one second.

0.9.4 - Increased the damage Explosive Arrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are the numbers ?

Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 17, 2015, 4:53:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info