The Awakening Update: New Skills

Cool stuff. I'm digging the addition of stat-aligned golems. Having one strong minion should complement nicely the playstyle of solo players. Here's to hoping they can become powerful if one devotes enough resources to them, rather than simple unlinked skill gems.
I am impressed GGG, so many new toys and as a different melee 2h swordsman, finally we get some love and its about dam time we get to dominate Wraeclast with our big swinging STick. :)
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Am I the only one who thinks that Golems is not a typo?

I had the weird idea that Golems are designed for party and the works like Magic The Gathering "Licid"

So simply if I party with someone with a Golem mine and his will simply double the effect.

So if we both have a Leve 1 fire golem than both Golems will grant 30% increased dmg (60% total).

If we have a Level 1 Fire and level 1 Chaos EACH Golem will provide 15% inc dmg and 3% dmg reduction.

Sounds too weird?
go melee!
"
Adding more of what you already do well is not the way to make your builds stronger. You need to look at your weak spot. People go evasion and then think ok, ondars, good call, and then I get acrobatics, good call, and then Ill get the spell dodge boots, and then Ill run vaal grace and a jade flask...

I disagree, this statement is only true if we are talking about linear progression, but it isn't linear. Percent damage reduction, assuming it stacks, gets progressively better. Same reason why 0 to 50% lightning resist is as good as 50% to 75% lightning resist.

"
It may be the same as totems. You also can´t link spell echo to any totem or spell supportet by spell totem.

It depends on if the Golem tag can be affected by Spell Echo or not. Spell Echo specifically does not work with Totems, this is mentioned in the patch notes. Summon Golem does not have a Totem tag on it. But it does have a new tag, Golem.
A lot of the new skills are way OP compared to the old ones.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
"
Golems grant 15% increased damage

Per golem in party? So a party of 6, each with a golem, would give 150% damage reduction for the chaos golem owner? :)
Hi Chris,

How to know if i have signed up to the CBT? Is there a email reply?
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
starsg wrote:
Hi Chris,

How to know if i have signed up to the CBT? Is there a email reply?

The button changes to "Signed Up". It seems we won't know who actually is granted access until the 20th.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
lordplenty wrote:
"
Golems grant 15% increased damage

Per golem in party? So a party of 6, each with a golem, would give 150% damage reduction for the chaos golem owner? :)

You might want to double check your math.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info