Molten Shell Totem questions

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
I'd say Inner Force doesn't work for totems, because it states "increased effect of buffs on you".
If the wording was "increased effect of buffs you cast" (like the wording on aura effect nodes), then I'd say it would also work for totems.

Of course I might be wrong here. :\
You're not (rather ironically, given your username) :P
This includes your earlier post where you answered the three questions in the OP correctly.

"
SponTen wrote:
I know, but since Molten Shell is a buff on me, it would benefit from buff effect. And since I'm casting the buff, the Totem should cast it the same way as me - ie. it should benefit from buff effect.
No. You casting Molten shell doesn't make the buff be affected by the buff effect modifier. The buff going onto you does, because there's a stat on you saying all buffs on you, regardless of source, have increased effect. The totem is casting your spell, as though you did, but the buff is going onto the totem, which does not have a stat saying "increased effect of buffs on [this totem]" like you do.

Yes, if you cast Molten shell, the buff would go onto you, and thus would be affected by "increased effect of buffs on you". But when the totem casts the skill "as though you had" it's pretty clear that doesn't mean a self-targeting skill cast by the totem applies to you - it was still cast by the totem. The buff does not go onto you, and thus is not a buff on you to be increased.

Ah okay thanks for clearing up Mark!

I was hoping to try out a different Totem build but guess this one wouldn't work too well :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info