2.0 Path of Archer!!!!

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

To actually address the subject of the thread, the locations and balance implications of the jewel sockets are a subject of continuous discussion among the design/balance team.

Their locations have already changed since that version of the skill tree, and I expect more changes before the beta concludes. I can't go into more detail because I'm working on different stuff at the moment and I'm sure others are more up to date on what's happening with them than I am.

Either way, I'm expecting a lot of moments where we just stare in abject horror as you guys break the game in new and exciting ways we never anticipated.

Should be fun :)

you beat me to it darn you lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Which then get nerfed, undoing all our work once again and leaving us with a watered down overall gaming experience?
yahthanks. Such fun, much nerf.

lol did you not read anything on the upcoming beta test? nerfing beta is not a nerf.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

To actually address the subject of the thread, the locations and balance implications of the jewel sockets are a subject of continuous discussion among the design/balance team.

Their locations have already changed since that version of the skill tree, and I expect more changes before the beta concludes. I can't go into more detail because I'm working on different stuff at the moment and I'm sure others are more up to date on what's happening with them than I am.

Either way, I'm expecting a lot of moments where we just stare in abject horror as you guys break the game in new and exciting ways we never anticipated.

First you made my rf not touch totems, then you removed my coh and curse on hit... Combo. Dan I will find a way ^.^ now you let rf touch totems... I will break it, the question now is... Should I make you aware? :P
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

Which then get nerfed, undoing all our work once again and leaving us with a watered down overall gaming experience?

The word you are looking for is fix or balance. Fix is feels appropriate since it beta testing but balance still works. There is one word that absolutely does not fit: nerf.
If that screenshot is true, I can see they come up with other shit like Physical damage modifier nodes now apply to spells, all ranged modifier nodes applies melee... you know shit like point blank applies to melee attacks and so on...

Seems like GGG is basically give us a brand new passive tree to play with with these node jewels... I can already see how broken some builds would be... which isnt a bad thing PoE is extremely boring and stale after I made a low life crit ST coc w/ mjolner build... nothing in this game is even remotely challenging and no other builds can come close to the broken-iness of this one... I have zero motivation of playing the rest of the subpar builds... I really hope GGG fix this shit and make other builds better, and these jewels might be the answer.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

It's cool when people bend the game in creative, interesting ways. Sometimes they just break it though, and the result is the new best way to play is boring, frustrating, or just not how you want to play.

The more data we have, the easier it is to know what to change so that we can support as many fun bends and as few dangerous breaks as possible. Ideally we can even turn some of the cooler breaks into viable bends for the people that enjoy them.

I don't think that results in a watered down experience at all.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

It's cool when people bend the game in creative, interesting ways. Sometimes they just break it though, and the result is the new best way to play is boring, frustrating, or just not how you want to play.

The more data we have, the easier it is to know what to change so that we can support as many fun bends and as few dangerous breaks as possible. Ideally we can even turn some of the cooler breaks into viable bends for the people that enjoy them.

Then its a good thing we have the beta. No more complains for Cast on Death summoners dominating the new leagues.
ign : mnyga
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Let's ask my sporker if the experience feels watered down.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

Honestly, so was i!

Spoiler
Just the tip?

:)
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Let's ask my sporker if the experience feels watered down.

QFT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info