2.0 Path of Archer!!!!

Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

To actually address the subject of the thread, the locations and balance implications of the jewel sockets are a subject of continuous discussion among the design/balance team.

Their locations have already changed since that version of the skill tree, and I expect more changes before the beta concludes. I can't go into more detail because I'm working on different stuff at the moment and I'm sure others are more up to date on what's happening with them than I am.

Either way, I'm expecting a lot of moments where we just stare in abject horror as you guys break the game in new and exciting ways we never anticipated.

Should be fun :)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Aw, I was hoping for:

Spoiler

To actually address the subject of the thread, the locations and balance implications of the jewel sockets are a subject of continuous discussion among the design/balance team.

Their locations have already changed since that version of the skill tree, and I expect more changes before the beta concludes. I can't go into more detail because I'm working on different stuff at the moment and I'm sure others are more up to date on what's happening with them than I am.

Either way, I'm expecting a lot of moments where we just stare in abject horror as you guys break the game in new and exciting ways we never anticipated.

Should be fun :)

Which then get nerfed, undoing all our work once again and leaving us with a watered down overall gaming experience?
yahthanks. Such fun, much nerf.

It's cool when people bend the game in creative, interesting ways. Sometimes they just break it though, and the result is the new best way to play is boring, frustrating, or just not how you want to play.

The more data we have, the easier it is to know what to change so that we can support as many fun bends and as few dangerous breaks as possible. Ideally we can even turn some of the cooler breaks into viable bends for the people that enjoy them.

I don't think that results in a watered down experience at all.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info