Antnee's Classy Item Filter for Distinguished Exiles - 3.0

I like your script, simple & efficient, filter craps out and don't over-select items like I saw in most scripts. I made a tiny fork to add a 2 rare currencies & to filter kingsize RGBs in high maps (78+ but it could be lower).

"
hondana wrote:
I like your script, simple & efficient, filter craps out and don't over-select items like I saw in most scripts. I made a tiny fork to add a 2 rare currencies & to filter kingsize RGBs in high maps (78+ but it could be lower).

Thanks for the feedback! I like your revisions. I was considering doing the same thing, but wanted to leave it up to users to decide. If I put something in the vanilla script, it would not use hide blocks at all, instead performing the same task with show blocks (only to keep the show/hide section consistency intact, for easier customization.) Something like:

"
Show
Class "One Hand" "Boot" "Helm" "Glove"
Rarity Normal
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel >= 70
SetTextColor 255 255 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 255

Show
Rarity Normal
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel < 70
SetTextColor 255 255 255

(and of course, duplicate blocks for the magic variant)

Again, this is only because I like keeping all "Hide" blocks grouped together.

Edit: updated to 1.27

Reordered the RGB/6socket highlighting so that 6 socket takes priority.

Added a limited change based on Hondana's fork (thanks again!) that limits highlighting of RGB items in high level areas to smaller items only. All other RGB items will still be shown, but in the normal slightly darkened font all other non-highlighted white/blue items use.

Changed 5-socket highlighting to only affect 5-socket items in level 45 zones or less, based on feedback from multiple users (Thanks Tower/BLoW!)
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on May 4, 2015, 8:19:22 AM
Happy my suggestion helped. Keeping 'Hide' at the end is better for me too.

I merged your last updates. You can check my revision from the previous link: I removed 'One Hand' because most of the Swords & Maces are 6-slot sized. My RGB BaseTyped list includes small Maces, Swords and Sceptres. This is fully compatible with the full Act 4 version as the Small Maraketh new items belong to the Claws or Daggers classes.

I also considered that 10+ quality gems are those more important to show (Except Portal or Empower, there's no economic difference between a 1% QGem and, say, a 7% QGem after the first two weeks in a 3/4 months' league).

I will follow your work (even if it's near perfect now). I would like to have time to write a compiler-compiler script generator as there's no operator or logical variables inside the GGG loot filter declarative script.

Keep in touch.

Last Update: I forgot the 3 small shields in the two previous forks.
Last edited by hondana on May 4, 2015, 3:38:28 PM
Update: v1.28

Some more refinement to post 70 mapping behavior. Adding a subsection to RGB handling with tutorial for customization.

Thanks to Hondana for his thorough forking.

RGB Item Handling and Options (010f)
Items that can be vendored for a chromatic orb are always highlighted, with a few exceptions once you begin playing in level 70 areas. After this point, certain base items will not be highlighted, as they take up too much valuable inventory space to be considered picking up over a rare.

However, for brevity's sake, there is much room for personalization here. Some people may want to have all RGB items highlighted regardless of their size, and others may only want to see the very smallest of those items. Here you will learn where to go and what to change in order to personalize this feature.

The first blocks in the RGB handling subsection (010f) specifically handle post-70 highlighting.

In this example, items that drop in a level 70+ zone will be highlighted only if they are of a certain class. The classes chosen in the example are of small-to-medium size, but it does not include all possible items that fit this description. You could refine this behavior further by adding these blocks to the top of the subsection:

"
Show
BaseType "Spirit Shield" "Buckler" "Spiked Shield" "Corroded Blade" "Small Sword" "Rusted Sword" "Copper Sword" "Sabre" "Variscite Blade" "Cutlass" "Gemstone Sword" "Corsair Sword" "Driftwood Sceptre" "Driftwood Club" "Tribal Club" "Spiked Club" "Petrified Club" "Barbed Club" "Ancestral Club" "Tenderizer"
Rarity Normal
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel >= 70
SetTextColor 255 255 255

Show
BaseType "Spirit Shield" "Buckler" "Spiked Shield" "Corroded Blade" "Small Sword" "Rusted Sword" "Copper Sword" "Sabre" "Variscite Blade" "Cutlass" "Gemstone Sword" "Corsair Sword" "Driftwood Sceptre" "Driftwood Club" "Tribal Club" "Spiked Club" "Petrified Club" "Barbed Club" "Ancestral Club" "Tenderizer"
Rarity Magic
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel >= 70
SetTextColor 125 175 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 15 25 255
SetBorderColor 0 0 0 255

Additionally, deleting the "One Hand" item class from the existing blocks will remove any items that take up 2x3 inventory slots from the pool.

Making these changes will not stop RGB items from being shown, it will only affect what is highlighted. If you wish to only see the specific classes/basetypes above while in midlevel maps, delete these blocks from the subsection:

Last edited by Antnee on May 5, 2015, 8:16:25 AM
Mr. Antnee, I have been giving your loot filter a test run.

So far, it feels like a welcome companion from a solo experience perspective. Bravo, kind sir. Very nicely constructed.

Thank you :)

Thanks Grant! :)

v1.29

Moved section 000g up to be directly underneath 000c, as both sections relate to gems.

Changed the criteria for (high droplevel) white items appearing in maps. Now, in order for it to not be hidden, the item must have max sockets (for shields and one handed weapons) or at least four sockets (all else). This cuts some of the clutter in very high IIQ maps, or in large groups.

Adjusted colors of life/mana flasks appearing in high level maps to be consistent with normal item drops.

Last edited by Antnee on May 6, 2015, 6:57:26 AM
Using it and liking it, ty for making it :)
A suggestion would be to make RGB items stand out in earlier levels where it also shows other white items.
I'm Wet as Wet Goop, guess which Wraeclast monster i am :)
Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, this function already exists. In subsection 010f:
"
Show
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel <= 10
Rarity Normal
SetTextColor 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 55 55 55

Show
SocketGroup RGB
ItemLevel <= 10
Rarity Magic
SetTextColor 125 175 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 15 25 255
SetBorderColor 20 70 40

Those two blocks handle RGB highlighting when in a level 10 zone, or under. Currently, they have a very slight border, compared to other brightened early level gear which does not. Once you're in a level 11 zone, less gear will be brightened, so this border is removed.

Feel free to make adjustments to the ItemLevel (to change just how far this will extend) or the text/border/background (if it doesn't quite pop out enough for you.)

Last edited by Antnee on May 6, 2015, 9:47:19 AM
Hello everyone! I am the author of the Close Beta Feedback thread, "Color Blind Player comments", from May 1.

Antnee, your item filter is a tremendous help, especially in finding RGB linked items.

I still can't see colors, but with a few SetFontSize increases, and PlayAlertSound adjustments, it is a much better gaming experience. I am converting more RGB items to Chromatic Orbs, than ever before.

Searching the threads, and web, I cannot find the meanings of the 3 numbers behind SetTextColor 255 100 20. Since I only see shades of gray, I am curious to make adjustments, that might allow me to better see items that drop, from what is typically good for a person who can see colors.

Have a great day!
v1.3

Adding a new feature: Smartblocks.

This is an advanced feature, for those who are very familiar with item filter scripting and advanced text editors. Please read carefully before using, and understand that this may cause undesired behavior in some cases.

Some blocks in certain sections now have a designated comment in the Show/Hide line which can be used to quickly toggle certain parts of the script on/off. In the pictures below, you'll see of these tags:

Example of a SmartBlock

SmartBlock Index, found at the top of the filter

For example, #Chisel Hammers pertains to any blocks that deal with Gavels, Stone Hammers, or Rock Breakers. Blocks that handle obsolete flasks while leveling are labeled with #Obsolete Flasks.

So, if you want to see all flasks while leveling (instead of hiding the "bad" ones), you could use the #Obsolete Flasks tag to toggle this behavior. Copy the appropriate SmartBlock tag from the top of the script (as seen in the highlighted line below)

Then, using a text editor that supports Replace All, paste the line into the "Find" box. In the "Replace With" box, change the Hide to Show, as seen below:

Note: you MUST include the Hide/Show when you copy these tags!

Then, click "Replace All". This will search for any blocks that hide obsolete flasks, and force them to show the flasks instead. Keep in mind that the flasks will appear, but will use any faded/darkened text that all other hidden items use.

There are several different SmartTags to use. Please note that most of these tags pertain to white/magic items, so there is no risk of missing anything truly valuable by using these toggles.

Last edited by Antnee on May 6, 2015, 3:00:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info