jewels discussion: bringing RNG and Economy to the Passive Tree

"
Splift wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Actual, people posting here shows that end result is not the same. And it never will be the same, as if the balance from beginning in POE is different to balance in d2, it can never be the same.

And there was no huge economy in d2, there was just a dupe economy for high rune items.
This is the internet, even the most common sense obvious opinion/fact will have some clowns on forums or youtube to argue against it.

High runes and desirable uniques had stable prices that translated into stable real money value. Some of said sites that started on d2 are still huge to this day, so to say the economy was not huge is just plain 100% wrong.

Once again in poe you literally do not have to trade. Half of the characters I make are slef found or close to. Racers are self found, people pushing the top of ladders in new leagues are 95% self found, you are just plain wrong in this thinking.

trading stuff you dont need into stuff you do need is a big help, obviously. In both d2 and poe.

You have a proof of heavy duping to show that there is no huge economy. Does someone buy items for real money because he is dumb as shit and doenst know how to use cheat, its his problem.

You do not have to trade? Go again and read my posts, older ones also. The game progression and mechanics are balanced around trading. In korean pay to win games, you do not have to pay to progress, you will only need top play 10X time more because the game is balanced to push you to pay $. In PoE it is same, balance is made so from start to the end to push you to trade. The whole progression in the game is balanced as you would trade. In old d3, you did not need to use AH or RMAH, but you would need to grind a lot more to get those items, as they wanted to push people to use rmah and ah. Please I am repeating the same things from older posts in this thread.

Facts stand that PoE is, from ground up balanced around trading.
Progression of players is balanced around trading.
This is the only arpg game that does this. No other arpg games are made like this.
Mechanic that where introduced to balance the inflation and trading hurt this type of games, and dont bring anything positive to the table (except if you like flip flopping/RMT, no comments there).
Last edited by miljan on Apr 18, 2015, 11:31:35 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Splift wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Actual, people posting here shows that end result is not the same. And it never will be the same, as if the balance from beginning in POE is different to balance in d2, it can never be the same.

And there was no huge economy in d2, there was just a dupe economy for high rune items.
This is the internet, even the most common sense obvious opinion/fact will have some clowns on forums or youtube to argue against it.

High runes and desirable uniques had stable prices that translated into stable real money value. Some of said sites that started on d2 are still huge to this day, so to say the economy was not huge is just plain 100% wrong.

Once again in poe you literally do not have to trade. Half of the characters I make are slef found or close to. Racers are self found, people pushing the top of ladders in new leagues are 95% self found, you are just plain wrong in this thinking.

trading stuff you dont need into stuff you do need is a big help, obviously. In both d2 and poe.

You have a proof of heavy duping to show that there is no huge economy. Does someone buy items for real money because he is dumb as shit and doenst know how to use cheat, its his problem.

You do not have to trade? Go again and read my posts, older ones also. The game progression and mechanics are balanced around trading. In korean pay to win games, you do not have to pay to progress, you will only need top play 10X time more because the game is balanced to push you to pay $. In PoE it is same, balance is made so from start to the end to push you to trade. The whole progression in the game is balanced as you would trade. In old d3, you did not need to use AH or RMAH, but you would need to grind a lot more to get those items, as they wanted to push people to use rmah and ah. Please I am repeating the same things from older posts in this thread.

Facts stand that PoE is, from ground up balanced around trading.
Progression of players is balanced around trading.
This is the only arpg game that does this. No other arpg games are made like this.
Mechanic that where introduced to balance the inflation and trading hurt this type of games, and dont bring anything positive to the table.

Did you even read what he wrote? He even bolded and underlined the vital parts for you. You just want to complain about something, doesn't matter if you have zero basis to do so. PoE is perfectly viable to be played from beginning to end solo self-found, thus your point is invalid. Deal with it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
miljan wrote:

You have a proof of heavy duping to show that there is no huge economy.
Ah I see you don't know what economy means. Its understandable tho, you did say english is not your first language.

"
Xavderion wrote:

Did you even read what he wrote? He even bolded and underlined the vital parts for you. You just want to complain about something, doesn't matter if you have zero basis to do so. PoE is perfectly viable to be played from beginning to end solo self-found, thus your point is invalid. Deal with it.[/quote]
I did, did you read my post? If something is possible doesn't mean it is first viable, balanced or good.
"
Splift wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Ah I see you don't know what economy means. Its understandable tho, you did say english is not your first language.

Ahh, good that its the only part of the post you can answer.
"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Did you even read what he wrote? He even bolded and underlined the vital parts for you. You just want to complain about something, doesn't matter if you have zero basis to do so. PoE is perfectly viable to be played from beginning to end solo self-found, thus your point is invalid. Deal with it.

I did, did you read my post? If something is possible doesn't mean it is first viable, balanced or good.[/quote]

I said perfectly viable. This means you can usually faceroll through the game solo self-found. How much easier can it get than faceroll? Do you want D3 normal difficulty where it's literally impossible to die?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
miljan wrote:

I did, did you read my post? If something is possible doesn't mean it is first viable, balanced or good.

It is viable, balanced and good.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

These recipes will get you to maps easily.
Provided you know what you are doing.
Do you?

Edit:

As a reference i found an older post of mine.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Haven't traded for anything. This is what i am using at lvl 50 and i am loving it.

This got regaled and added flat damage from master crafting. Once i got to merciless ledge i farmed kuduku with -7% lightres... I had to go back to normal a3 and get a topaz flask from a quest to survive him.
The game provides you with everything rng-free, you just need to know what you want and how to get it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Apr 18, 2015, 11:58:40 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Splift wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Ahh, good that its the only part of the post you can answer.
Just to drill it home.

Duping being proof of no economy proves that you dont understand it.

Duping, or lack of duping is not mutually exclusive to an economy existing or not or how big it is.

Countries essentially dupe their own currency all the time.

I already did respond to what you said in the post you quoted.

You can reach endgame just fine without trading. You are wrong when you say GGG designed the game to require trade because its just not true.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 18, 2015, 11:45:50 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

I said perfectly viable. This means you can usually faceroll through the game solo self-found. How much easier can it get than faceroll? Do you want D3 normal difficulty where it's literally impossible to die?

And I said its not as it is a problem (you can get to play without trading, but it is a problem), as the balance is off and progression is slow, risk/reword is bad, time/reword is bad. We talked about this when I posted problems PoE has. You literally said they are problems if you do not trade. You changed your mind?

"
Splift wrote:
Just to drill it home.

Duping being proof of no economy proves that you dont understand it.

Duping, or lack of duping is not mutually exclusive to an economy existing or not or how big it is.

Countries essentially dupe their own currency all the time.

I already did respond to what you said in the post you quoted.

You can reach endgame just fine without trading. You are wrong when you say GGG designed the game to require trade because its just not true.

No, I said it was not big, but was a duping economy, meaning majority of curency comes from cheats.

Also no about your trading post, I said GGG designed PoE and balanced it to push people to trade, read my post better.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 18, 2015, 11:57:30 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

And I said its not, as the balance is off and progression is slow, risk/reword is bad, time/reword is bad. We talked about this when I posted problems PoE has. You literally said they are problems if you do not trade. You changed your mind?

I didn't change my mind, I was talking about rare items. You repeated over and over again how everything is limited from level 1 due to RNG and trade balance and that's simply not true. D2 and PoE are very similar in that regard, where it's very easy to acquire like the bottom 80% of items without ever having to trade, while it's hard to do with the top 20% of items. The balance isn't off and the progression isn't slow at all. If it is, then D2 had the same problems? Or the problem is just you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info