Path of Exile: The Awakening (News Coverage)

"
Alabamak wrote:
"
petden wrote:
I don't wanna go to other "news" sites, news sites suck. They don't know anything about the game. Most of the things they write/show is bullshit I don't want to read/watch. Y u no post shit here. Like there are obvious things I wanna know (and haven't found answers yet); will closed beta characters be deleted, estimated release date, more info about who'll get invited, how many random invites you'll give out over time, will you ban people for signing up on multiple accounts etc.

I think I'll play, but I know there'll be so many things I'll be annoyed about. Like there being a closed beta (because I won't get in (and others experiencing everything before me is the worst, it's 1.0 closed beta all over again, everything will be spoiled, and I will probably watch livestreams of it (because I'm curious and when it's released I wanna know what's OP because there will be OP things and I don't want to start new characters halfway through because I didn't know what's OP, and also because Kripp's probably gonna stream it), and it'll kill all the hype), and even if I get in you'll probably delete the characters). Everything will be so unbalanced. Act 4 will probably lagg even more than Act 3. Meh.

Like why wouldn't you make it open beta (introducing it to the main servers)? No one will want to (and will) play normal Path of Exile during closed beta anyways. And it'll suck for everyone who's not in it. And characters not being deleted doesn't matter because Standard league is already full of broken legacy items, it's not like the balance could be worse. It doesn't matter if there are game-breaking bugs preventing you from playing, if you're not invited to closed beta you can't play anyways. 1.0 closed beta was awful, couldn't get in and I watched videos and livestreams, and really wanted to play, and it was so long, and I hated it, it was an awful feeling that I couldn't play. Right now I'm panicking the same thing will happen again, that's why I'm writing all this bullshit.

+1 AGREE TOTALLY Chris please change your mind closed beta is cancer!!!!!!

You know, if they did it silently you would be playing the perma leagues and be none the wiser about a act 4 CB. So why the QQ? Just get lucky or play in perma or something else.
Well tbh I didn't expect anything of this magnitude. I am truly amazed!

Spoiler
The concept about entering other people's dreams, I just knew that this was going to be implemented.

Already secretly expected this in act 3x.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Amazingggggggg!
"
petden wrote:

Like why wouldn't you make it open beta (introducing it to the main servers)? No one will want to (and will) play normal Path of Exile during closed beta anyways.

This cannot happen. There are technical limitations. I'm not quite sure you know what is going on a beta. The game is half done, persumably full of bugs which await to be found. Server crashes all day long and hotfixes going on with multiple restarts every day. Wiping the entire server is part of testing and most likely will happen on weekly basis. They are collecting datas about everything and trying to fix bugs that make the game crash pretty much instantly. It's called test for a reason... it cannot be set for a live game.

There are players who aren't into testing that much and they would get bored of it eventually. Of course everyone is craving for new content and cannot wait for it but imagine someone is just logging in chilling and playing for 1-2 hours then peace out. What would they think about playing with an instable game that can fall apart any time and leave them without any possibilities to spend their free time in proper environment?
So hyped!
Hoping on getting into the beta.
Beta hype
Question:

Is there any plans to give something to the players that wont be in beta? Like some short league.

if some one already made that question, sorry..
And still no in-game shop. Guess I'll wait another year to come back to this otherwise awesome game
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Ooh, another Beta, I'm in !
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
Its happening!
Steam: teemu92

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info