[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

As to this, I've updated the gear section basically giving avg dmg values with a level 21 Flameblast in a Searing Touch vs the rares and the short version is that it's better to use well-rolled rare wands over Searing Touch, if you aren't going ignite-based.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
what about a +2 rare based staff vs wand? me and reddit chat where talking about that and well rare staffs seems that it might work. :-) never mind how would you manage to do 6 link with 2 wands? ;-)
"
deanec65 wrote:
what about a +2 rare based staff vs wand? me and reddit chat where talking about that and well rare staffs seems that it might work. :-) never mind how would you manage to do 6 link with 2 wands? ;-)

That would be ideal. Keep in mind the above numbers are with Flameblast in the +2 Searing vs Flameblast in a chest.

Which answers your "where the 6L?" question.

So even without +2, the wands (as rolled) perform better. So obviously if you can get something comparable in a +2 staff, it'd be GG-mode, but quite frankly it's easier to grab two decently rolled wands rather than an a really good +2 rare staff.

You might not thing it's a significant difference but the +melee gem prefix and the +strength suffix, only two additional affixes, that can roll on staffs make staves a fair bit harder to roll.

In Standard, it won't be an issue to find one I imagine, but there isn't one available in Warbands with 140+% total fire spell damage and either a) flat fire damage, b) cast speed over 8% and c) any +gem roll on it.

Meanwhile, as of the time of this post, there's 47 wands available with 80%+ fire spell damage, 10% cast speed, and fire damage to spells.

Buy two, and that's a minimum 160% spell damage and 20% cast speed with flat fire added.
Well this looks interesting!

Is this viable for Warbands 2.0.2? Meaning is the build up to date?

In case you are wondering... Yes I am still relatively new to the game.

Just started a new Templar going to try it now!
"
Thawt29 wrote:

It works for any 2.0 release so far. But it's not as good as it once was since proliferation was changed in 2.0 to suck major nuts.

To be honest if I was rolling templar at this point I'd go for crit Sire of Shards Flame Totem instead.

If you're looking for MF and don't mind doing a meta build, check out my PA variation. See my sig.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 1, 2015, 3:01:34 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Thawt29 wrote:

It works for any 2.0 release so far. But it's not as good as it once was since proliferation was changed in 2.0 to suck major nuts.

To be honest if I was rolling templar at this point I'd go for crit Sire of Shards Flame Totem instead.

If you're looking for MF and don't mind doing a meta build, check out my PA variation. See my sig.

Yeah I found that build last week and am having a lot of fun with it. I am having more fun with this game than should be allowed by law. I only wish I had heard of it sooner. :-(
"
Thawt29 wrote:
I am having more fun with this game than should be allowed by law.

QFT buddy.

Q. F. T.
NO vid?
Not for 2.0. If there's enough demand for it I'll put one together.
+1 for video!
https://www.collava.app

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info