[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

I found some other shortcuts that hadn't been taken and fixed it up. Go ahead and take a look. And in case you don't, my question. If magic find weren't a concern would you say this build is hardcore viable? Looking to start a new character tomorrow.

http://tinyurl.com/the-updated-build

To list them out:
Spoiler

- We can move the shadow entry skills over to witch. Then, move the top aoe node + int over to connect the path and change our character to witch. This gains 24 damage, 4 fcr, and 10 int at the cost of 4 aoe.

- Simpler shortcut on the far left saves us a skill point.

- When going between witch and shadow we can take the bottom path instead of the top path to save a skill point.

- The 'Amplify' group provides the same aoe bonus as the 'blast radius' group but is a node cheaper. This costs us 4 damage though.

-- Moving the 3 saved nodes into 'explosive impact' gives us another 45% damage and 4 aoe.

All told we gain about 66 damage, 4 fcr, and 10 dex at the cost of 30 int or so. Personally, the top 'mana and reduced mana cost' node in templar looks a little weak. It sounds like you're needing mana though and you don't have many good options.
Last edited by patrick32123 on Jul 19, 2015, 10:40:48 AM
"
patrick32123 wrote:
I found some other shortcuts that hadn't been taken and fixed it up. Go ahead and take a look. And in case you don't, my question. If magic find weren't a concern would you say this build is hardcore viable? Looking to start a new character tomorrow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QKPpv6zRKtXK1WuvYIsnG0ZEFgI9CL0h2XAVGwLr7dqQ7zqkycyNH_GHwIRlgQHNsUHHg5Ig9vr5NgklS5d8lXGXyqnCPDVnWM6WJ2u2t3r7klR5Y6smAN1Gmwc3JrgpLHxbJEr5CI26biTRZ2MNjbYWHfVpiSqKPpTUlVLSRtfBO08Fm-Cx2HiKo2aO_rS42r56CaV7FWCm-FzZp4XLxa_ogByD2Tn8B8Es3GFWfNV1mjywGZ65ho4gKR8S3wOPAVj_ZBVlnSnVe98RtcnL1ugQ8hPBLaG

Patrick, when I try to load your link, it says "The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work," unfortunately. :(
Thanks for the heads up, Hastibe. Turns out the passive skill tree planner i'm using isn't generating correct skill tree links. I went ahead and made it in the online planner and everything checks out.

http://tinyurl.com/the-updated-build

While rebuilding it i noticed that since we don't need ES anymore the top right life/es group isn't as efficient anymore. A quick reworking of the build switches them out for the scion life wheel; losing 1% life and some es nodes but gaining a skill point and more str/life. I went ahead and put the extra skill point into the life wheel too, although there might be a better use for it.

http://tinyurl.com/new-build-updated
So, taking the extra life node i just mentioned out as well as the superfluous mana/skill cost one i mentioned earlier and we can take the 'Dynamo' branch. Gives us a lot more mana and skill cost reduction than we had.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA3UEBwSzCPQQWBEtFm8WvxcvGjgabBzcHwIi9CSqJpUnLyj6Ko0snDI0Ntg26TpYPAVBh0PIRKtFnUbXSRtPBFBCUzVTUlVLVa5VxlXWVytYd1nzW6Bd8l7AXwRfKmHiY_1k52aeaPJqQ2wLbRlxhXIPeuZ8DnxLfIOApIIQgpuCx4Pbh2WIWow2j6aQVZErkyeWdJo7muCdY52uogCksacIp1WsmK-3tz64k7zqvYLAVMBm1abYvdrd34rfsOFz42rkIuWO6QLr5Ovu7FXtPO988B_xbPno-tL-Cv6z
Thanks for the work, Patrick. I'll check it out in more detail tomorrow when my head's more in the game to compare trees.

As for HC viable, if you didn't care about going MF (leaving you a lot more room to add life), you could get it functioning in HC yes.

@Erol Yes, Firestorm might in fact be a slightly better option for this tree in general now that Proliferation has been nerfed into the ground, from an MF perspective.

Once I make some headway in Warbands with my PA MF build, I'll take some time to explore Firestorm in Standard and how it compares.

However, as for going non-MF, I've actually explored in Beta a hardcore-viable dual crit ChaosStorm totem build that I found worked quite well. Clear speed was about 5 min per map, on linear maps like Promenade.

I made a video about it over on YouTube
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 19, 2015, 3:52:19 AM
Just a note, I will no longer be updating this build until something changes with Proliferation.

I may, in fact, completely revamp it to use another skill.

In the meantime, I've updated the tree with Patrick's recommendation for efficiency pathing and better nodes for the new 2.0 changes. Thanks for your work Patrick.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 25, 2015, 12:58:23 PM
Hey there.

Just had a couple quick question regarding both your MF PA Ranger build and this one.

Which would you say is more budget friendly?

Which has faster clear speeds, on say, 74+ Maps?

and just in general, which do you have more fun playing?

Thanks in advance.
"
nbROCK wrote:
Hey there.

Just had a couple quick question regarding both your MF PA Ranger build and this one.

Which would you say is more budget friendly?

Which has faster clear speeds, on say, 74+ Maps?

and just in general, which do you have more fun playing?

Thanks in advance.

Due to the change to Proliferation having a flat radius of 12, the clear speed of this build is severely hampered. However, it is the cheaper of the two setups to finish. Ie, +3 bow (6-10ex), Drillneck (4ex) versus 5L Searing Touch (2.5-3ex).

That said, the PA MF build doesn't require a +3 bow or Drillneck, it's just improved by those items. You can be completely functional with just a +2 5L bow, which costs 3-5c for the white 5L and 60-120 alts to roll +2.

So, for total startup efficiency, the PA MF build is cheaper, but it's more expensive to complete.

As far as clear speeds go, for 2.0 the PA MF build far outstrips this one. It's a bit worse for single target damage, but for everything else it's about the same, if not even a bit faster.
Why you start taking passive from Witch tree? You did build for Templar, but passive tree for witch? =\
"
gizmo032 wrote:
Why you start taking passive from Witch tree? You did build for Templar, but passive tree for witch? =\

Editing error.

Witch is the more optimal start now but I'm not going to request to have this thread moved to Witch for the sake of players that are continuing to run it.

The templar start tree is in now, along with the more optimal witch setup.

Thanks for the catch.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 30, 2015, 1:00:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info