[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
The only thing im concerned about is whether or not its worth doing the swap now since they will reset the passives when releasing the new patch, also how will this fare in the new patch?

I almost soley do solo farms in maps, would you recommend this over incinerate, pros cons?

Looks like about a 30 point respec.

RE: Swap
- Depends entirely on how much playtime you have available to you and whether you feel, based on that playtime, that you can make back the currency spent on the respec / gear purchases. The only expensive thing is a 5L Searing, or if you really want to push for the 6L... that. Everything else is cheap. So if you're intent on farming up a lot of currency between now and 2.0, and you have say... even 2 hours a day, then yeah it'd be worth it.

2ex respec, 4ex for 5L Searing, maybe 2ex for misc other gear, 2ex for 20/20 FB (maybe less right now even) = 10ex expenditure. 0.5ex/hr earned, 2 hours per day = 1ex per day, you've got at least 3 weeks before the patch hits, 21 days = 21ex = 11ex profit.

Math wise, yeah, it'll pay off.

RE: Build faring in 2.0
- It's too early to say definitively since we don't know if the change to Proliferation having a flat radius of 12 is going to stay or if they're going to adjust it somehow. If Prolif stays at a flat 12 radius, then this build will require some adjustments to function. It will still work, but we'd probably forget about proliferation and just stack some more AoE and change our gems from FB - CTI - Prolif - Conc - Pen - IIR >>>>> FB - AoE - Conc - Faster Casting - Pen - IIR. Cast speed on FB is improved from 0.3s to 0.2s so it charges up *a lot quicker*, making it easier to deal without prolif.

That said, I really prefer MFing with a build that has a fire-and-forget playstyle, which is why if you scroll back through the last few pages you see me discussing Poison Arrow in depth, and provide a a video demonstrating its clear speed, which is comparable with the 1.3 FB.

So we'll see what changes come down the pike before committing fully but if Prolif ends up going live in its current state in the Beta, I'll be posting a new guide based around PA.

RE: Incinerate
- For MFing (specifically for soloing maps, there's no question the 1.3 version of FB absolutely *dominates* Incinerate's clear speed. You have to not care about dying, and be active with your flask usage to prevent that from happening, but as you can see in this video, I decimate a difficult 78 Courtyard map with Ele Weakness and extra lit damage in about 7-7.5 minutes. Granted, I was playing careful specifically to demonstrate that it can do it without ripping. Though there were some close calls :P

If you want to do things like MF Atziri runs, or do some Dominus MF runs too... you can get away with FB for Dominus, you can't do Atziri though. And Incinerate does have a much better Dominus kill speed if you plan on doing tons of Dom sessions.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this just to tout my own build, but if I were you and looking to farm currency in maps, I would be more than willing to invest the 30ish regrets in a respec to farm my face off and build up bank to afford to change to whatever build I wanted to post-2.0 patch.

Thank you SO much for that detailed anwser, it took care of all my doubts. I am going to do the swap now :) I got enough currency banked up to do it properly. Once again, thanks for the detailed anwser!!
You're welcome =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2015, 5:22:15 PM
Hello again!

Ive been working most of the night trying to make this build happen. So far it has gone all good but im struggling with what gems to use and where these best belong. By accident I crafted a 5L carcass which makes me unsure on how to get the most out of that. What is the best way if you had some time to help with this? Ingame or is there some webservice I can use to link my items?

edit:

Just read the guide abit more carefully and found this:

Reduced Mana - Clarity – Discipline – Purity of Fire – Purity of Elements (if you don't feel like chroming a 5L carcass for this, just split up the auras among two reduced manas. You'll have the slots).

Guess that anwsers it.

Last edited by thelibertarian on Jun 13, 2015, 5:47:25 PM
"
Hello again!

Ive been working most of the night trying to make this build happen. So far it has gone all good but im struggling with what gems to use and where these best belong. By accident I crafted a 5L carcass which makes me unsure on how to get the most out of that. What is the best way if you had some time to help with this? Ingame or is there some webservice I can use to link my items?

edit:

Reduced Mana - Clarity – Discipline – Purity of Fire – Purity of Elements (if you don't feel like chroming a 5L carcass for this, just split up the auras among two reduced manas. You'll have the slots).

Guess that anwsers it.

You can actually link your items directly in a forum post here. If you click your portrait top-left, then find the appropriate character, then click the item in question, then click away, you'll see it pop up in the content form like this (but with square brackets):

(linkItem location="Weapon" character="PeasantBurninator" x="0" y="0")

And it will appear like this:

You can also check the gear section of the OP for how I organized my gems. Ignore the extra Flameblast in Goldwyrm, that was just there levelling to corrupt to 21/20 =)
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Hello again!

edit:

Guess that anwsers it.

You can actually link your items directly in a forum post here. If you click your portrait top-left, then find the appropriate character, then click the item in question, then click away, you'll see it pop up in the content form like this (but with square brackets):

(linkItem location="Weapon" character="PeasantBurninator" x="0" y="0")

And it will appear like this:

You can also check the gear section of the OP for how I organized my gems. Ignore the extra Flameblast in Goldwyrm, that was just there levelling to corrupt to 21/20 =)

I will give it a go :)

As you can see its a complete mess.
Mess or not, looks fine to me. You have all the necessary auras linked appropriately, LW done right, Searing links are good.

Every time I do this build I always end up having to split my auras on two pieces of gear so =D You're on track, man.
"
Serleth wrote:
Mess or not, looks fine to me. You have all the necessary auras linked appropriately, LW done right, Searing links are good.

Every time I do this build I always end up having to split my auras on two pieces of gear so =D You're on track, man.

Cool! Thanks so much for having a look at it.

This has been a fun night in poe, getting some good crafts and ending up with a cool build. One question though... Many of my gems are level 1 since ive never had to use them before. Should I bite the bullet and level them or just go and buy some higher gems on xyz?
*Cough* Well, solved that problem. ;)
"
Serleth wrote:
*Cough* Well, solved that problem. ;)

Haha yeah you solved that one and many other problems. This guy is the best :D!

Thank you so much for all of the help once again!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info