Whats the Best Defence for Melee Characters?

It was hardly niche, LL RF crown of eyes was the go-to for ultimate asskickery :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 7, 2015, 6:23:29 PM
"
raics wrote:
It was hardly niche, LL RF crown of eyes was the go-to for ultimate asskickery :)

This is getting off-topic, but no. LL CoE was not the "go-to". Any form of crit was the go-to, as it did insane damage due to CoC and gave huge defenses due to flasks. Add in all aura effect, you could get 12k armor from a Granite flask alone, and then 6k evasion from a Jade flask. Then 13% to ele res from all three ele flasks. CoE was worthless for CoC.
Ah, you must have missed all those 'nerf the #$%&ing crown of #$%&ing eyes' threads :)

"
raics wrote:
Ah, you must have missed all those 'nerf the #$%&ing crown of #$%&ing eyes' threads :)

Yeah, and it seems I missed the "don't nerf CoC" from players and/or "we aren't going to nerf CoC" from GGG.

I really don't get how CoE was nerfed but CoC hasn't been.
We are indeed getting offtopic here, but no matter, OP got his answers anyway.

PoE is an item-driven game and devs are sensitive to the issue of items that grant too much power to players. CoC did get nerfed a bit but it isn't a problem in itself, it requires many pieces to fall together to be good, and if it might be shade too good in some cases, that's because crit is too good. Once crit gets toned down CoC will fall in place too.

Actually, I'd much sooner expect Myolner to be nerfed in some way than CoC.

Last edited by raics on Apr 7, 2015, 7:36:18 PM
"
raics wrote:
We are indeed getting offtopic here, but no matter, OP got his answers anyway.

PoE is an item-driven game and devs are sensitive to the issue of items that grant too much power to players. CoC did get nerfed a bit but it isn't a problem in itself, it requires many pieces to fall together to be good, and if it might be shade too good in some cases, that's because crit is too good. Once crit gets toned down CoC will fall in place too.

Actually, I'd much sooner expect Myolner to be nerfed in some way than CoC.

I expect Mjolner to be nerfed as much as crit and CoC. All three are broken.

The only thing I don't want nerfed is Incinerate, cause that's literally the only thing that keeps this game playable for me. It's literally the only cheap option out there. Even a bare-bones CoC build isn't an option.
"
khemintiri wrote:
Me myself who have played a lot of meele the last 2 Leagues would recommend armour , you need to get about 20-30k , preferably soul of steel cluster With 6-7 endurance charges , make it so Your Return attacks (Vengeance,riposte,Reckoning) are linked With damage and endurance charge on meele stun , if enough damage add life on hit aswell.

Put up a high Level cwdt-immortalcall-incduration-whatever curse you want (warlords mark , vulnerability,temp Chains,enfeeble) or og for a molten Shell/Cold snap if thats Your thing.

This Makes most of the game very easy , just keep an eye out for Dangerous mods (added Cold/fire/Lightning) cannibals and Dangerous eledmg combinations.

Most People will disagree With me though , but it's a very comfortable way of playing.

This is exactly what I'm aiming for,glad to hear you're making it work.
"
Natharias wrote:

The only thing I don't want nerfed is Incinerate, cause that's literally the only thing that keeps this game playable for me. It's literally the only cheap option out there. Even a bare-bones CoC build isn't an option.

? not really sure what to make of that, just about every skill in the game that is half decent can be played completely self found, aka free, and clear maps comfortably. CoC is not a skill in itself and is one of the few skill setups that actually requires a fair amount of gear (sockets) to function properly. I think you need to stop playing es, low life etc and just learn how to make simple life builds that work.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

? not really sure what to make of that, just about every skill in the game that is half decent can be played completely self found, aka free, and clear maps comfortably. CoC is not a skill in itself and is one of the few skill setups that actually requires a fair amount of gear (sockets) to function properly. I think you need to stop playing es, low life etc and just learn how to make simple life builds that work.

Then let me clarify.

Incinerate is the only effective cheap option.

Searing Bond? Requires Trap and Remote Mine to deal "good" damage and even then it's use is limited.

CoC? Requires a crit weapon, crit gear, crit passives, and leaves you weak to reflect unless you also invest into countering that. It also requires a much higher set of links, and using a Tabula Rasa to get that is going to cut into your build either in utility or in survivability.

Low-life's only problem is chaos damage. Since Incinerate is still powerful with a four-link, I just need to get a few jeweler's to get a four or five socket version.
"
Natharias wrote:
Incinerate is the only effective cheap option.

After making two self-found starter builds in torment and 1M mixed league I can vouch for tendrils and shockwave totem from firsthand experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info