P.Link gone

"
"
rrtson wrote:
Pardon my question since I haven't played any of the new leagues. But can someone explain how "P.Link" is any different from the "nearby allies cannot die" mod? It sounds like virtually the same thing.

Its not. Its 1 mob that can be damaged and it switches every few seconds from mob to mob in a blue pack. I dont even get why people wanted it removed. It was fun doing that Tora mission with them and the other mods in there.

I wish GGG would create a ultimate challenge league where whiners have no access to and where P Link is still there and nemesis mods and other dangerous stuff is more common.

Oh... well that's disappointing. Sounds like a neat mod, and not terribly annoying, since 99% of builds these days have some type of AoE skill that generally kills every enemy in a mob at the same rate (Pierce, Chain, Melee Splash, Herald of Ash, etc).
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
When will this change roll out?

Did Merciles docks today, dozen of runs (got Tabula yay!), whilst doing them i encountered 1 bow skeleton pack with Phylacteral Link. It was in the range of 21:30 to 22:55 GMT +3 time.

Edit: As for a personal opinion on P.Link... Dunno, its kinda annoying to shift totems all the time. But i'd prefer it anytime rather than Corrupted Blood. Man that elemental took away my 3k hp in few seconds.

Necrovigil could use some work too. Its not hard, but rather annoying. Either ditch a pack or kite them one by one and do Totem Dance.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Mar 30, 2015, 4:56:51 PM
"
rrtson wrote:
"
"
rrtson wrote:
Pardon my question since I haven't played any of the new leagues. But can someone explain how "P.Link" is any different from the "nearby allies cannot die" mod? It sounds like virtually the same thing.

Its not. Its 1 mob that can be damaged and it switches every few seconds from mob to mob in a blue pack. I dont even get why people wanted it removed. It was fun doing that Tora mission with them and the other mods in there.

I wish GGG would create a ultimate challenge league where whiners have no access to and where P Link is still there and nemesis mods and other dangerous stuff is more common.

Oh... well that's disappointing. Sounds like a neat mod, and not terribly annoying, since 99% of builds these days have some type of AoE skill that generally kills every enemy in a mob at the same rate (Pierce, Chain, Melee Splash, Herald of Ash, etc).

People QQ because they cant leech on the affect mob and they dont want to get around to kill it and just faceroll maps as usual. Typical gamers ruining a game by calling for nerfs.
"
WiseGuard wrote:
When will this change roll out?

Did Merciles docks today, dozen of runs (got Tabula yay!), whilst doing them i encountered 1 bow skeleton pack with Phylacteral Link. It was in the range of 21:30 to 22:55 GMT +3 time.

Edit: As for a personal opinion on P.Link... Dunno, its kinda annoying to shift totems all the time. But i'd prefer it anytime rather than Corrupted Blood. Man that elemental took away my 3k hp in few seconds.

Necrovigil could use some work too. Its not hard, but rather annoying. Either ditch a pack or kite them one by one and do Totem Dance.

With act 4 i would assume. Sadly its going to go away.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Lame. And why is that reddit dump the place where official news happens first?

When I post it on the forums first, there are still complaints that it was on reddit first? The reddit thread literally links to my forum post!

Honestly, this kinda highlights how hard it is to find information on the forums.

TBH though it only shows how lazy people get and just assume that it's not posted.

You'll get this many times on the forum, people totaly ignoring the answers you and your staff put work into particularly if it goes back more than a page or 2....they just cruise the forums with the blinkers on.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I think it is a good call by GGG to take it out for now and rework it. Overall having to go after a single, randomly shifting target punishes melee more than ranged and solos more than groups.

The other bloodlines mods either make encounters more extreme by upping the damage potential or create situations where players have to make tactical decisions about what to kill where. Plink doesn't really up the intensity or give a player decisions to make. You just follow a shifting target mindlessly with minimal ability to affect the situation.

Not really what the game needs at this point.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
If it was out it isn't now because I came across it last night when trying to get the Medicine Chest from Hailrake. There was a group of Canibals with P-Link where the ground under the guy that can be hurt is a big golden pattern. It's the first time I've seen it because I never played Bloodlines and it took me a little while to figure it out because half the group was in front of me and half was way off the screen just past the boat where Hailrake hangs out.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
"

if its true, is it?

if so, F'ing lame!
"
Thadenkeen wrote:
"

if its true, is it?

if so, F'ing lame!

Dude... read the thread.
"
Chris wrote:
"

When I post it on the forums first, there are still complaints that it was on reddit first? The reddit thread literally links to my forum post!

Honestly, this kinda highlights how hard it is to find information on the forums.

Its under suggestions ????

shouldnt it go under, i dont know.. 'announcements' or something other then 'suggestions', maybe ???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info