i was very disappointed in december and still i am

"
chromafunk wrote:
"
sorry dude, spectral throw still carries 6 man 78 rot, top 3-5 build in clear speed easily on std... it should be nerfed even more.

ST, FB nerfs were done right by GGG, unlike nerfing crit as a whole which hurt all builds including crap melee crit which made them beyond useless. hopefully they will nerf ST bit more and do something about other range skills llike TS, #1 in clears speed and OP damage by far for so long,yet they crush useless melee in 1.3.

lol should be nerfed even more ... you don't know what are you talking about. He does have a point dude. Spectral throw sucks hard now even playing melee with a Loath Bane is better XD shut up noob

but this is the whine power ... the pressure was too high for GGG to just retouch it ... they had to fuck it hard to please the plebs. Pure truth.

Wah wah, you must be one of the select special few, like OP who can't make a proper OP ST build with mirror gear, and need to cry to GGG for your pacifier... got it. Come run a ROT with me and my buds, want to see how bad you are, and compare to my melee build... lols.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Mar 31, 2015, 9:55:49 PM
I probably should of used a different word then practically useless, but what I meant to say is practically useless for another build.. These items are very build specific and harder then hell to sell afterwards, their colours cannot be changed and also not many people looking to spend 180+ Exalts on a single item!
I like December, cozy evenings at home, Christmas dinners... what's not to love?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I like December, cozy evenings at home, Christmas dinners... what's not to love?

I disagree. December is one of the most disappointing months of the year.

What's stopping you from doing cozy evening at home in April? Christmas dinners make you fat(ter) and come with the assumption that you'll drop everything else you are doing at the time just to "enjoy" the Christmas spirit and company. If people enjoy enjoy that shit, you should do it year around. Also, it's really cold here in December.

@OP, pretty good damage with pretty bad build sounds about right with mirrored gear.
"
LoRider149 wrote:
I probably should of used a different word then practically useless, but what I meant to say is practically useless for another build.. These items are very build specific and harder then hell to sell afterwards, their colours cannot be changed and also not many people looking to spend 180+ Exalts on a single item!

Anyone mirroring/acquiring these items assumes that risk at that time.

Risks either pay off or they don't. The game has a proven track record of being a volatile environment, that's something we all have to deal with.
Spoiler
That doesn't mean I can't complain about it though :P

The bigger they come, the harder they fall. Balance shifts can be extremely punitive to heavy investment.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Apr 1, 2015, 5:55:35 PM
I don't know why there is so much difference of power with expensive gear. It doesn't have to be that way.

Recently I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, and what I found is that many parameters (like damage, monster life or skills) are relatively flat, they don't change too much between levels. What it changes is variety. People don't get bored if there are not big numbers, that's just a shallow distraction.
Surprisingly, the game is one of the few truly hardcore JRPGs out there (with Etrian Odissey and Romancing Saga). Proper gear it's moot if you can't learn the game. Path of Exile could have more of that.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Did anyone even realise he is using "MF" gear... Spec Throw is much weaker thoroughly from Temp League to Very Very End game, but the deeps he is quoting on doing is not 100% perfect ST gear that can still carry 6 man and still comfortably destroys solo play...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
LoRider149 wrote:
For the sake of argument here, he does have a point.

I considered making a spectral throw build ( Love the Seraph Throw MTX ) and decided against it after seeing the amount of currency required to reach 1/10th the DPS of many other ranged/or spell dmg builds.

And to top it off, If I was using this build pre-nerf and went and got mirrored gear with all my saved up and hard earned currency ( Cmon currency doesn't come easy in this game especially for beginners ) and then my build was nerfed to absolute death and unable to even tip 40K DPS with GMP/Spectral Throw I would consider quitting as well.

To me it seems any people who put in any form of hard work creating these out of the box GG builds and share them with the community, get popular, then get nerfed in that order. Now these people are left with practically useless Mirror Gear they are unable to sell because mirrored rares are very build specific and hard as hell to sell.

That's just my two cents, seems to me if you theory craft your own build and it seems awesome aka OP keep it to yourself and share with only your close friends because if you post it to the public forums it's bound to get the nerf hammer.

-Deathz

Edit: Spelling error

he has no point. He is using 2 shit rings with Item quantity on them. He is using a 4link for his cyclone. He is using Item quantity and Increase Crit Strikes gem for his low life spectral throw guy. This guy literally has no idea how to play the game and just bought super gg gear thinking that's all that was needed.
IGN: Brain
"
Qarl wrote:
So, your complaint is that the glass cannon melee build (using Abyssus, clearly choosing damage over survival clearly), is doing more damage than the ranged character running seven auras?

Was that a rhetorical question?
"
"
Qarl wrote:
So, your complaint is that the glass cannon melee build (using Abyssus, clearly choosing damage over survival clearly), is doing more damage than the ranged character running seven auras?

no, it's a 100 exalted build doing triple damage than a 1000+exalted build
and most of my damage was elemental, so the more phys damage taken from abyssus isn't a big problem vs reflect, and monsters rare or unique were dying in less than a second with cyclone dps ( with conc effect )
as you see many of the items i used weren't good with that build, no life on rings, a lot of wasted energy shield of the chest+boots and +20% of the amulet because of acrobatics, so defence wasn't perfect.

im going to change GMP to lmp and reach probably 40k dps with acuity and not maligaro, but for sure 40k dps LMP spectral throw does FAR less AOE dps damage than cyclone herald of ash build, and single target is not even far comparable

yes, im playing very defensive on spectral throw and 5,8k es and 45% evasion, but the total cost of spectral throw compared to cyclone HoA and the final result it's just out of question. Why should someone ever think just for 1 second to build a spectral throw if this is the result?

i LIKE to play spectral throw, im going to give it a last chance with lmp, but really, the balance is very very very far.
The last patches did diminish the difference between builds with full mirrored and builds made with 200 exalted worth of gear or so, but so far spectral throw, even if you have 2 or 3 mirrored pieces, it still sucks A LOT

just look at tornado shot, with the same investment, im sure you can reach more than +50% dps compared to spectral throw at the moment

1) Your cyclone build, at least by the standars of last year while i was still playing is around 500 ex, not 100
2) It does not do triple damage. ST hits AT LEAST twice, so your actual DPS is around 60-70K
3) It's ranged with huge AoE GMP, while your melee build has reduced AoE through conentrated effect. Replace that with increased AoE to have a more reasonable comparison.
4) Your melee build is a total glass cannon, focusing on damage. Abyssus without lightning coil etc. This item alone almost doubles the DPS of any crit melee build.
5) Despite the DPS numbers, the ST build will still clear much faster. And it will actually survive.
6) I still cannot beleive you are not joking.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info