i was very disappointed in december and still i am

"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
The jelly meter in this thread is off the charts lmao.

Anyway I have always thought that the idea of balance is toning down or up something (a build) to make it more comparable with other end game builds so players have more choices when they want suit up godtier gears. But over the past few patches its just chuck full of nerfs to popular builds, literally killing most of them off.

How the fuck do you campaign on 'improving build diversity' when you keep trashing people's build creations constantly?

One example here is crit in the tree overall and the actual gem. Crit chance and multi was removed a LOT from the tree but base damage hasn't improved. crit gem was slashed in half WITHOUT any lowering of mana multiplier. To start with, nerfing something in half doesn't sound like balance at all, its simply a demolition lol.
the balancing is done mainly for the temp leagues. and yes, it promotes build diversity. I dont see whats the problem here.
"
CajNatalie wrote:
Is this thread seriously:
"Let me just get these game-breaking gear setups together and...
OMFG GAME TOO EASY GGG U SUK! IMMA QUIT"
?

yes sure... with the 100 exalted herald of ash gear (i could just put weapon ele dmg gem instead of IIQ gem to have more dps than vuln on hit acuity and legacy st ), i was killing groups of lvl 77 monsters in 1 second with herald of ash proliferation

i could just jump around with leap slam to kill every monster in 75-76 maps with herald of ash prolif

kill piety in a 77map in 2seconds with vaal haste with the 100 exalted gear, im sure it takes 6-7 second with my 1000+ exalted gear of spectral in the optimistic case, 20+seconds if i have to run away if she transforms in the ice archer
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 31, 2015, 6:22:36 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
So, your complaint is that the glass cannon melee build (using Abyssus, clearly choosing damage over survival clearly), is doing more damage than the ranged character running seven auras?

no, it's a 100 exalted build doing triple damage than a 1000+exalted build
and most of my damage was elemental, so the more phys damage taken from abyssus isn't a big problem vs reflect, and monsters rare or unique were dying in less than a second with cyclone dps ( with conc effect )
as you see many of the items i used weren't good with that build, no life on rings, a lot of wasted energy shield of the chest+boots and +20% of the amulet because of acrobatics, so defence wasn't perfect.

im going to change GMP to lmp and reach probably 40k dps with acuity and not maligaro, but for sure 40k dps LMP spectral throw does FAR less AOE dps damage than cyclone herald of ash build, and single target is not even far comparable

yes, im playing very defensive on spectral throw and 5,8k es and 45% evasion, but the total cost of spectral throw compared to cyclone HoA and the final result it's just out of question. Why should someone ever think just for 1 second to build a spectral throw if this is the result?

i LIKE to play spectral throw, im going to give it a last chance with lmp, but really, the balance is very very very far.
The last patches did diminish the difference between builds with full mirrored and builds made with 200 exalted worth of gear or so, but so far spectral throw, even if you have 2 or 3 mirrored pieces, it still sucks A LOT

just look at tornado shot, with the same investment, im sure you can reach more than +50% dps compared to spectral throw at the moment
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 31, 2015, 6:00:35 AM
For the sake of argument here, he does have a point.

I considered making a spectral throw build ( Love the Seraph Throw MTX ) and decided against it after seeing the amount of currency required to reach 1/10th the DPS of many other ranged/or spell dmg builds.

And to top it off, If I was using this build pre-nerf and went and got mirrored gear with all my saved up and hard earned currency ( Cmon currency doesn't come easy in this game especially for beginners ) and then my build was nerfed to absolute death and unable to even tip 40K DPS with GMP/Spectral Throw I would consider quitting as well.

To me it seems any people who put in any form of hard work creating these out of the box GG builds and share them with the community, get popular, then get nerfed in that order. Now these people are left with practically useless Mirror Gear they are unable to sell because mirrored rares are very build specific and hard as hell to sell.

That's just my two cents, seems to me if you theory craft your own build and it seems awesome aka OP keep it to yourself and share with only your close friends because if you post it to the public forums it's bound to get the nerf hammer.

-Deathz

Edit: Spelling error
Last edited by LoRider149 on Mar 31, 2015, 5:46:56 PM
The complaint, then, is that there is not a direct 1:1 correlation between exalts spent and damage dealt?

Hooboy.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Did I just read "practically useless mirror gear" ???

Because if I just read "practically useless mirror gear" then I don't know what to do.

Practically useless mirror gear... Heh.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
sorry dude, spectral throw still carries 6 man 78 rot, top 3-5 build in clear speed easily on std... it should be nerfed even more.

ST, FB nerfs were done right by GGG, unlike nerfing crit as a whole which hurt all builds including crap melee crit which made them beyond useless. hopefully they will nerf ST bit more and do something about other range skills llike TS, #1 in clears speed and OP damage by far for so long,yet they crush useless melee in 1.3.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
I'm still confused as to why you're going low-life spectral throw when CoE doesn't effect PA anymore. All the effort put towards going low-life could instead be spent on a ton more damage if that's what you're after. Auras alone don't create all your necessary DPS anymore, they're instead supplementary.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
LoRider149 wrote:
For the sake of argument here, he does have a point.

I considered making a spectral throw build ( Love the Seraph Throw MTX ) and decided against it after seeing the amount of currency required to reach 1/10th the DPS of many other ranged/or spell dmg builds.

And to top it off, If I was using this build pre-nerf and went and got mirrored gear with all my saved up and hard earned currency ( Cmon currency doesn't come easy in this game especially for beginners ) and then my build was nerfed to absolute death and unable to even tip 40K DPS with GMP/Spectral Throw I would consider quitting as well.

To me it seems any people who put in any form of hard work creating these out of the box GG builds and share them with the community, get popular, then get nerfed in that order. Now these people are left with practically useless Mirror Gear they are unable to sell because mirrored rares are very build specific and hard as hell to sell.

That's just my two cents, seems to me if you theory craft your own build and it seems awesome aka OP keep it to yourself and share with only your close friends because if you post it to the public forums it's bound to get the nerf hammer.

-Deathz

Edit: Spelling error

Two things: that doesn't mean spectral throw is bad, it just means some spells and ranged skills are overpowered (like Tornado Shot).

And he is using Crown of Eyes after the nerf. Seriously, I don't get how someone that sucks at the game can have all that gear.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
sorry dude, spectral throw still carries 6 man 78 rot, top 3-5 build in clear speed easily on std... it should be nerfed even more.

ST, FB nerfs were done right by GGG, unlike nerfing crit as a whole which hurt all builds including crap melee crit which made them beyond useless. hopefully they will nerf ST bit more and do something about other range skills llike TS, #1 in clears speed and OP damage by far for so long,yet they crush useless melee in 1.3.

lol should be nerfed even more ... you don't know what are you talking about. He does have a point dude. Spectral throw sucks hard now even playing melee with a Loath Bane is better XD shut up noob

but this is the whine power ... the pressure was too high for GGG to just retouch it ... they had to fuck it hard to please the plebs. Pure truth.
Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 31, 2015, 9:05:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info