So Dominus + trying to play necro = impossible

IMO normal Merveil is much worse for pure (non-srs) summoners. 3-4 weak ass zombies wiped out before you have time to say "Ahem". But still doable. By the time you get around to Dom, you should be able to turn the tables fairly quick.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Minion Instability is key for skeletons.

I play a summoner and don't have a lot of minion nodes, I use ancestral bond to get "ranged minions" in the form of spell totems. I use mine with fireball totems

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcEswZJCGcQlxJpE2wWbxccGDwaOB0UIbAkqicvKPoqjSqYLpQy0TT3Ntg26TpYPAU9X0QERUdFnUjnSRtMs025UlNVxljlWiteXWaeaqxr23F5gseD24hAj0aQM5BVkzqXhZeVmjua4Juhna6f36IAo_KmrKcIp5SsmLiTvSfAGsBmwxPMvNH90_vVptkL2t3jauvu7FXtPO988B_xbPfX-ej6gPrS
The problem with a "pure" Summober is Act Bosses dont get harder from increasing difficulty they get easyer. That can be pritty discuraging. But it gets better & its not a problem some other builds dont encounter. U can try to zerg them witch many portals and Minionistability oder just do it like most other people playing builds like this and go with Flamblast till u make it far enough.
"
myrddraal666 wrote:
So don't usually care to complain on forums, but this kinda of yerked me, after trying to kill dominus with my necro scion that I'm trying to enjoy because I really liked necro from d2, I find my self at a loss as it feels like this game is pretty much forcing me to play one of two types, tanky bruiser type or high dps ranged type, which unfortunately for me trying to play a necro it does not fall into these catagories.

Ive been attempting to take on ascended Domunis for a good hour now and have come to the conclusion that it is not worth my time leveling my "necro" character any further as minions and my necro melt like butter.

Just curious if anyone has seen basically play this type of character or prepare for imminent failure moment.

with proper items and build minions can face tank dominus. assuming you have capped resists on your zombies , once they have above 6k life that can survive a domi smash, after that is is simply a question of getting them back to full before he attacks next , i suggest investing into some powerful animation flasks

specifically ones that give 40% increased heal at a cost of 10% mana lost . most builds say get huge hp pools and regen on minions .

understand the currently minions require the stacking of defensive support mechanics to function . as far as i am concerned pure minion builds that are not srs are effectively broken because of this heavy dependency .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 30, 2015, 10:44:19 PM
"
unsane69 wrote:
IMO normal Merveil is much worse for pure (non-srs) summoners. 3-4 weak ass zombies wiped out before you have time to say "Ahem". But still doable. By the time you get around to Dom, you should be able to turn the tables fairly quick.

I'm not the greatest expert on summoners but all serious guides I've seen mention leveling as a normal caster and transitioning to minions at a later stage.

By all accounts, summoners suck in the early stages of the game - and I think this is fine. Summoners become extremely potent in the later stages with little gear required. Having to level with something else is a reasonable trade off.

I mean, everyone has always cried about CoC builds which can't even function below level 50 and are best switched to at level 70, and are also much more gear reliant?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 18, 2016, 8:51:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info