Five More QOL/UI Improvements

"
t_golgari wrote:
There is one QOL-improvement my guild and I are really waiting for, because it is the number one point of frustration for us:

When is GGG going to give us a chance to save characters before a major patch? With an offline skilltree of the old characters, with stats and all. Pretty much like the program you can download from an obscure source from reddit, but instead embedded in the website and from GGG themselves.

Because there is nothing more frustrating than fearing for your characters existence every patch because the skiilltree changes and you forgot (or aren't that internetty to use it) to go on reddit to download the newest version of a third party program!

I understand that GGG wants "metagame"-changes with every patch, I understand that there will always be changes, and that no character, be it old or new, will ever be safe from it. Fine.
But a little help with the hours and hours of not playing the game but rebuilding the chars would be greatly appreciated. Because this is what keeps some of my guildies away from the game in the long run.

OMG, just look at your skills and stats and make the same build you had before. How hard is that? And they cant just give you the tree as the tree changes on the site the ingame one changes as well, theyre connected. Want to save your build, print the tree out but what good would it do if it changed?

Its like if you got a red car instead of a blue car, having saved a pic of your blue car doesnt do anything.
Good stuff, guys. I remember requesting alt to show ilvl a while back, glad to see it's being implemented.

"
"
t_golgari wrote:
There is one QOL-improvement my guild and I are really waiting for, because it is the number one point of frustration for us:

When is GGG going to give us a chance to save characters before a major patch? With an offline skilltree of the old characters, with stats and all. Pretty much like the program you can download from an obscure source from reddit, but instead embedded in the website and from GGG themselves.

Because there is nothing more frustrating than fearing for your characters existence every patch because the skiilltree changes and you forgot (or aren't that internetty to use it) to go on reddit to download the newest version of a third party program!

I understand that GGG wants "metagame"-changes with every patch, I understand that there will always be changes, and that no character, be it old or new, will ever be safe from it. Fine.
But a little help with the hours and hours of not playing the game but rebuilding the chars would be greatly appreciated. Because this is what keeps some of my guildies away from the game in the long run.

OMG, just look at your skills and stats and make the same build you had before. How hard is that? And they cant just give you the tree as the tree changes on the site the ingame one changes as well, theyre connected. Want to save your build, print the tree out but what good would it do if it changed?

Its like if you got a red car instead of a blue car, having saved a pic of your blue car doesnt do anything.

Do you see what you did there? I ask for QOL-Improvements. And you tell me I should just do more office work instead of playing PoE. That's what I mean with "quality of life": Of course I am able to print the tree, with a little bit time and effort I might be able to write a program for it and build my own offline skill tree calculator. I just have to study IT, takes only a couple of years, at least that's what they tell me.

And I know the tree on the site is directly connected to the tree on the server. That's why I am asking for something offline to SAVE the old builds with stats. Because it would be less tedious, and would save time for me and my friends. It takes about 1 hour to rebuild a char carefully, to compare stats, to see if the items still work, if the base stats are enough etc. If you have 9 characters at around lvl 90, that's roughly 10 hours of not playing PoE. I play like 10-12 hours a week. Go figure...

If all these stats and the old tree would be available through GGG and an official program, that time would be about halved.

That's all I am saying. Relax!

All the anounced QOL-improvements are great btw. Go GGG!

Last edited by t_golgari on Mar 29, 2015, 9:56:42 AM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
"
t_golgari wrote:

Do you see what you did there? I ask for QOL-Improvements. And you tell me I should just do more office work instead of playing PoE. That's what I mean with "quality of life": Of course I am able to print the tree, with a little bit time and effort I might be able to write a program for it and build my own offline skill tree calculator. I just have to study IT, takes only a couple of years, at least that's what they tell me.

And I know the tree on the site is directly connected to the tree on the server. That's why I am asking for something offline to SAVE the old builds with stats. Because it would be less tedious, and would save time for me and my friends. It takes about 1 hour to rebuild a char carefully, to compare stats, to see if the items still work, if the base stats are enough etc. If you have 9 characters at around lvl 90, that's roughly 10 hours of not playing PoE. I play like 10-12 hours a week. Go figure...

If all these stats and the old tree would be available through GGG and an official program, that time would be about halved.

That's all I am saying. Relax!

All the anounced QOL-improvements are great btw. Go GGG!

it doesnt help you saving the tree because the tree changed. So you have to remake the tree from scratch with new nodes mostly. And the game tells you how much stats you need for the items to be worn. 10 hours? Wow, now thats a bad joke, i play 4 hours or so in a week and get by just fine. Stash sorting takes time, remaking builds doesnt. And i remade 39 builds at some point.
"

it doesnt help you saving the tree because the tree changed. So you have to remake the tree from scratch with new nodes mostly. And the game tells you how much stats you need for the items to be worn. 10 hours? Wow, now thats a bad joke, i play 4 hours or so in a week and get by just fine. Stash sorting takes time, remaking builds doesnt. And i remade 39 builds at some point.

It is funny how you don't even get what I am talking about.

You made 39 builds in 4 hours? Good for you. Not everyone is a bright as you are.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"

It is funny how you don't even get what I am talking about.

You made 39 builds in 4 hours? Good for you. Not everyone is a bright as you are.

You dont get what im saying. *sigh*

I had the builds already, i just had to apply the damn passives again into new routes as the tree changed. How would a saved tree have helped me making a new tree? I can see the stats im missing in the tree as it is, thats all i need to know next to the fact that when im using minions im obviously making a summoner build or with a bow that its a bow build.
"

Nah, thats what we need for the XP per hour thing.

Why are you so stubborn with this exp per hour thing?

It's awesome, it's QOL and its NON INVASIVE. I tend to stumble upon your posts sometimes and I don't know if your serious or not most of the time. I get that impression very often.
"
eleMENTAL2013 wrote:
"

Nah, thats what we need for the XP per hour thing.

Why are you so stubborn with this exp per hour thing?

It's awesome, it's QOL and its NON INVASIVE. I tend to stumble upon your posts sometimes and I don't know if your serious or not most of the time. I get that impression very often.

it is invasive if i hover over my XP bar and i have to read XP per hour. Its like a hobo sitting in front of your house, you just want him gone even if he doesnt do anything.
Sounds good alltogether. :D Thanks a lot to GGG and the players who suggested their ideas!
I'm still looking for the Secret Cow Level.
Glad to see GGG trying hard to make the game more streamlined. Maybe there was a post and I missed it, but I was surprised I didn't hear anything about now being able to see stat requirements for upcoming levels on skill gems. This was a HUGE improvement that makes the game feel so much slicker, and I was really happy to see it. The only thing left on my wish list is improved weapon set switching that allows for switching of only one one-handed item...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info