watching Streamers do the Hardcore one-month, made me realize something

first and foremost, it made me respect ZiggyD.
the guy died in the first day. twice. but he died actually fighting stuff.
his entire rip-log video is full of "I should have logged out", so let me be the first to say - no, Ziggy, you shouldn't.
and yes, you sure as fuck did the right thing to come back from the portal and try to kill the thing.

let this be an example to all you PoE players out there, streaming or not: when you log-out at the slightest sign of danger. when you abuse portal/area grace periods and TP out after taking one hit for less than 50% of your health. when you are skipping bosses.... you aren't playing the game. you maybe are "competing" and whatnot, but you aren't playing.

I'll get a lot of flame for this, so bring it on. I can take it.
ask yourselves, are you ready to play Path Of Exile? yes, you may RIP in HC. yes, you may lose some EXP in SC and maybe a position on the ladder because the guy below you didn't have the fucking balls to take on this boss - but whoever dubbed "not logging out" a "mistake", whoever says "skip this", whoever abuses and exploits the fuck out of the game just to stay alive - is a bloody idiot. even if his cowardly tactics and a bunch of good friends willing to die for the cause, get him top of the ladder - he'd still be an idiot.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 26, 2015, 1:04:39 PM
The game is designed around the ability to alt+f4.

Sooner people accept it, less thrash threads we have around here.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 26, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
i would use log out macro if i can run anything in background while i play poe. But i cant play poe with decent fps when poe is running oh what
Of course they are playing even if they use portals or log out.

It is even intended way of playing. Currently you can play that way or you can play manmode way, why should they remove one and force everyone into super tanky regen builds, limiting the ways to play?
"
johnKeys wrote:
first and foremost, it made me respect ZiggyD.
the guy died in the first day. twice. but he died actually fighting stuff.
his entire rip-log video is full of "I should have logged out", so let me be the first to say - no, Ziggy, you shouldn't.
and yes, you sure as fuck did the right thing to come back from the portal and try to kill the thing.

let this be an example to all you PoE players out there, streaming or not: when you log-out at the slightest sign of danger. when you abuse portal/area grace periods and TP out after taking one hit for less than 50% of your health. when you are skipping bosses.... you aren't playing the game. you maybe are "competing" and whatnot, but you aren't playing.

I'll get a lot of flame for this, so bring it on. I can take it.
ask yourselves, are you ready to play Path Of Exile? yes, you may RIP in HC. yes, you may lose some EXP in SC and maybe a position on the ladder because the guy below you didn't have the fucking balls to take on this boss - but whoever dubbed "not logging out" a "mistake", is a bloody idiot.

You are talking about what is generally known as sportsmanship here. However, anyone who uses Alt+F4, log out macro or skip bosses is indeed playing the game. It is just an interaction with the game systems/rules.

It is a noble quest to strive for sportsmanship but it is also an inability to accept the current state of the rules. It seems to me that the points you bring up are intended designs from GGG.
I don't have a log out macro. Hell, i don't even have a /oos macro or even manually press it...
How baller am i?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Odoakar wrote:

Strangest design choice in the history of video games.

Please, show me a link with an official statement from a dev, supporting your statement. Not a "alt-f4 is OK". Not a "alt-f4 is allowed". Show me a statement where they say that the hard core mode is DESIGNED AROUND the ability to alt-f4.

"Let's design a hard core, loose it all mode. But remember: alt-f4'ing has to be allowed"

I refuse to believe this.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

Strangest design choice in the history of video games.

Please, show me a link with an official statement from a dev, supporting your statement. Not a "alt-f4 is OK". Not a "alt-f4 is allowed". Show me a statement where they say that the hard core mode is DESIGNED AROUND the ability to alt-f4.

"Let's design a hard core, loose it all mode. But remember: alt-f4'ing has to be allowed"

I refuse to believe this.

If it is allowed it is obviously intended. It is part of operating systems to be able to shut down programs so there is nothing to do about that per se. However, they can add a timer server side that keeps the character alive for 5 seconds after you quit or log out. To not add this timer is intended.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"skip this", whoever abuses and exploits the fuck out of the game just to stay alive

Only a no-skilled idiot would fight everything in HC.
"
"
johnKeys wrote:
"skip this", whoever abuses and exploits the fuck out of the game just to stay alive

Only a no-skilled idiot would fight everything in HC.

hi.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info