Complete Quests Walkthrough - Update in progress 0.10.0

"
Dedoctor wrote:
Is it just me, or it is better to side with the bandits in act 2 (in my case, for resistance) than to get the skill point ? You will get the skill anyway sooner or later, but resistance is something harder to come by.

well, it depends on whether you want to try to max your resists with gear at high level and get the 4 extra points (111 max vs 107 max) or basically spend those points for the resistance.

either one is valid, my brother (warrior) liked resist, i (witch) took the skills since if i'm getting hit i'm playing it wrong ;)

the other two are useless though. 90 life or whatever doesn't help much when you're total is 1800+ and stuff in the maelstrom hits for 600 a pop.
Wish i had the beta key to actually play it haha
Here's some of the skill gems rewards. They're mostly for templar since that's what I'm playing.
It's tilda delimited since the forum messes with the formatting

Spoiler
~duelist~marauder~ranger~shadow~templar~witch
weap~rusted sword~driftwood club~crude bow~glass shank~driftwood scepter~driftwood wand
gem~cleave~heavy strike~burning arrow~double strike~glacial hammer~fireball
hillock~cleave, dual strike, burning arrow, heavy strike~heavy strike, cleave, ground slam, dual strike~burning arrow, lightning arrow, dual strike, cleave~dual strike, fire trap, freezing pulse, lightning arrow~ice nova, glacial hammer, ground slam, fireball~fireball, spark, freezing pulse, fire trap
glyph~~~~~~firestorm, cold snap, ice spear, ice nova, raise zombie, glacial hammer
brutus~~~~~tempest shield, lightning strike, molten shell, summon skeletons, anger, infernal blow, shockwave totem, decoy totem~tempest shield, power siphon, shock nova, firestorm, summon skeletons, wrath, fire trap
woe~~~~~added lightning damage, increased critical damage, weapon elemental damage
baleful~~~~~chance to ignite, cold to fire, melee damage on full life, added lightning damage, increased critical damage, weapon elemental damage
weaver~~~~~wrath, dominating blow, enduring cry, tempest shield, lightning strike, anger, rejuvenation totem, righteos fire, shockwave totem
nightmare
hillock~~~~~anger, vulnerability, heavy strike, wrath, dominating blow, enduring cry, rejuvenation totem, righteous fire
chest~~~~~discharge, vitality, firestorm, freezing pulse, anger, vulnerability
brutus~~~~~discipline, lightning warp, tempest shield, lightning strike, molten shell, firestorm
woe~~~~~increased duration, cold to fire, melle damage on full life, added lightning damage, increased critical damage, weapon elemental damage
baleful~~~~~stun, cold to fire, melee damage on full life, added lightning damage, increased critical damage, weapon elemental damage
weaver~~~~~tempest shield, lightning strike, molten shell, raise zombie, heavy strike, sweep, rejuvenation totem
ruthless
hillock~~~~~anger, discharge, added fire damage, firestorm, dominating blow, anger
chest~~~~~discharge, increased duration, firestorm, melee damage on full life, anger, increased critical damage
glyph~~~~~increased duration, discipline, melee damage on full life, tempest shield, increased critical damage, molten shell
brutus~~~~~discipline, increased duration, tempest shield, melee damage on full life, decoy totem, bear trap
woe~~~~~increased duration, shockwave totem, decoy totem, molten shell, increased critical damage, heavy strike
weaver~~~~~tempest shield, stun, molten shell, bear trap, heavy strike, increased critical damage
baleful~~~~~stun, burning arrow, melee damage on full life, rejuvenation totem, righteous fire, enduring cry
merciless
hillock~~~~~anger, discharge, conversion trap, firestorm, dominating blow, anger~~~~~~
glyph~~~~~increased duration, discipline, melee damage on full life, tempest shield, increased critical damage, molten shell
brutus~~~~~discipline, increased duration, tempest shield, melee damage on full life, molten shell, increased critical damage
woe~~~~~increased duration, tempest shield, melee damage on full life, molten shell, increased critical damage, heavy strike

Oh wow, thanks for this guide!
Cant wait to play PoE :P
Awesome, thx.
4 tEh win
can you add "spoilers" tabs in there that list the gems for each class?

EXAMPLE:

Cleric:
Spoiler
http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/gen/image/YTozOntpOjI7YToyOntz/OjE6ImYiO3M6Mjk6IkFy/dC8yREl0ZW1zL0dlbXMv/RGV4dGVyaXR5R2VtIjtz/OjI6InNwIjtkOjAuNjA4/NTE5MjY5Nzc2ODc2MzE0/ODE0NzI4NjMwMTUzNjk1/MTIxNDA3NTA4ODUwMDk3/NjU2MjU7fWk6MTtpOjM7/aTowO2k6ODt9/27165b7cde/Item.png

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/gen/image/YTozOntpOjI7YToyOntz/OjE6ImYiO3M6MzI6IkFy/dC8yREl0ZW1zL0dlbXMv/SW50ZWxsaWdlbmNlR2Vt/IjtzOjI6InNwIjtkOjAu/NjA4NTE5MjY5Nzc2ODc2/MzE0ODE0NzI4NjMwMTUz/Njk1MTIxNDA3NTA4ODUw/MDk3NjU2MjU7fWk6MTtp/OjM7aTowO2k6ODt9/6bb140f06c/Item.png

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/gen/image/YTozOntpOjI7YToyOntz/OjE6ImYiO3M6MzI6IkFy/dC8yREl0ZW1zL0dlbXMv/SW50ZWxsaWdlbmNlR2Vt/IjtzOjI6InNwIjtkOjAu/NjA4NTE5MjY5Nzc2ODc2/MzE0ODE0NzI4NjMwMTUz/Njk1MTIxNDA3NTA4ODUw/MDk3NjU2MjU7fWk6MTtp/OjM7aTowO2k6ODt9/6bb140f06c/Item.png
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
Thanks for the guide! it's really useful.
Expect the unexpected.
"
KrapnoV wrote:

The Caged Brute
-----------------
This quest is given to you by Tarkleigh upon accessing The Ledge (entrance located at the exit of the Submerged Passage LvL 2) or alternatively by meeting with Brutus in the Upper Prison

This is one of the longest quest to complete as in order to get to Brutus and slay him, you will have to travel all the way from The Ledge, then to the Rocky Climb, the Lower Prison, The Prison proper and finally the Upper Prison (which is thankfully empty otherwise).

Once you have defeated him, be sure to proceed further in order to loot the large chest and exit the dungeon through the Prisoner's Gate (The waypoint will always be just outside, down from the stairway).

Retun to the Shore Encampment and talk to Tarkleigh to receive a skill gem as your reward.

I've beaten Brutus with two different character at normal difficulty but both times I couldn't find the the large quests the guide talks about, has it been removed? I looked everywhere without positive results =(
"
gjrud wrote:
I've beaten Brutus with two different character at normal difficulty but both times I couldn't find the the large quests the guide talks about, has it been removed? I looked everywhere without positive results =(
Yes, the large chest by Brutus been removed.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Thank you for this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info